Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You had me so worried, I had to check my account values, something I don't normally do:

Nope, it's not even close to *most* of it being gone. Whew! You had me worried. I noticed I have quite a bit more shares now than I did at the beginning of the year! :D I think I'm going to look back on 2022 with a similar fondness to 2019!
Lucky you! On paper I'm currently down 70%. It doesn't help that some options spreads I sold are down 8 figures.... 🥴
But all will be ok as soon as we get back to 1200! :D
After that, I will only buy and hold. I promise! 🤞

Lucky you! On paper I'm currently down 70%. It doesn't help that some options spreads I sold are down 8 figures.... 🥴
But all will be ok as soon as we get back to 1200! :D
After that, I will only buy and hold. I promise! 🤞
& yet you purchased 8 Teslas and 1 Jet ? Not bad returns even now I guess? even Chanos would be proud ;)

I am Delta rich ;) more Deltas that when at 1200's ;) - waiting for right time for Call/Leap to Share conversion and selling CC's ;)
if we do get a 1:3 split, options are gonna be fun :)

Haha, SpaceX and Starlink taking over communications!

STARLINK MARITIME
High-speed, low-latency internet with up to 350 Mbps download while at sea. $5,000/mo with a one-time hardware cost of $10,000 for two high performance terminals.

Haha, SpaceX and Starlink taking over communications!

STARLINK MARITIME
High-speed, low-latency internet with up to 350 Mbps download while at sea. $5,000/mo with a one-time hardware cost of $10,000 for two high performance terminals.

OTA software updates while cars in transit ;)

Probably nothing....just throwing it out there to satisfy regulators and promote the narrative that they go after everyone and not just Tesla...but what is an article without Tesla in it???

1657222243620.png

Towards the end of the article:

1657222352587.png

Can't make this stuff up :)

I think it will be hard to cut'n'paste Cybertruck into other configurations after-market. Remember than the outer body is the frame in the CT. Sure, maybe the battery skateboard with the front and rear castings can be isolated. But the front cab doesn't exist separate from the rear bed. In other words, it will be up to Tesla to manufacture other vehicle types vs. what has been done for decades with body-on-frame trucks.

I'm pretty sure an origami pattern for a Van made to bolt onto the CT skateboard would be simple. Possibly, easier than the one for the CT. Then, just extend the battery module length to accommodate two or three different wheelbase options. I want a Tesla Cybervan with 300 miles of range. STAT!

The body on frame mentality is why conventional pickups are doomed as they haven't changed that formula, other than body panels, since the early-mid 20th Century. At least they stopped storing the fuel in the passenger compartment.

Is it really even worth worrying about nuclear threats for the markets? If it actually happens, the markets are literally the last thing we should care about. And the likelihood of it happening is incredibly small, pure saber rattling.

Putin talking up nuclear attack raises my hopes he will soon take a bullet. *He* may be crazy with a death wish but it’s unlikely that all of his close staff are equally insane.

FYI, Lightning range test while towing. Not terribly surprising. This is why many who don't love the CT design will be won over. Need a minimum of 200 miles of effective range after towing losses to make it worthwhile. 500+ range CT is critical here.
Personally I don't care about dual or quad motor... I want maximum range. If Tesla decides to use just one pack size and offer a dual motor with 450+... that's the model I'll be going with.

Maybe you aren't aware of the scope involved.

There is no single end of the line for cars to park at. It's going to be 50+ miles of tunnel with something like 100+ cars and 50+ stations.

There isn't room or electricity in the current station design for superchargers. They've already spent millions building 4 stations with no superchargers or even destination chargers in them so clearly they aren't going to retrofit any in those locations. What makes you think they'll add them to future stations?

Don't you think that your arm chair quarterbacking is suggesting something the Boring Company already considered?

Notice how there is no charging location or master station for cars to sit at when not in use?

As far as I know it the current process is they take them to a public supercharger each day and will continue to do that going forward.

There are 7 Superchargers in Vegas very close to the loop.

View attachment 825442

101421+-+Vegas+Loop+Map.jpg
I was not questioning how it was done today. I honestly don't know how it is done today and believe 100% of what you are saying. I was stating an obvious solution for the future when no-driver FSD is approved for the tunnels and not approved for city streets.

Reactions: CyberDutchie
FYI, Lightning range test while towing. Not terribly surprising. This is why many who don't love the CT design will be won over. Need a minimum of 200 miles of effective range after towing losses to make it worthwhile. 500+ range CT is critical here.

That young guy is the same person who purposefully backed a Model 3 into the concrete block wall of a shop they rented at about 7 mph, while acting like it was a 'whoopsie', so they could prove how long it took to get repaired and how much it would cost. Then they took it to their friend who runs an auto repair body shop. These people HATE Tesla, but they ACT like they LIKE them in order to appear more credible. Now that I see they are doing the same thing to Ford, I suspect the father (not in this video) and son might have an interest in an auto dealership chain or an oil field. They never stop trying to act unbiased while trashing EV's.

In this video they designed the course to end 1200+ vertical feet higher than the starting point and into a stiff cross-headwind,(which they blew off as a cross-wind). In one shot you can see the trees by the side of the road strongly leaning from the wind they are driving into. Cross headwinds are the worst possible wind for efficiency because of what they do to the airflow. The trailers are much taller than a normal travel trailer of that size and have a large luggage rack on the rear of the roof that looks like it was designed to catch as much wind as possible while still looking to most people like a reasonable item to bolt to your trailer's roof. The rack is barely visible in most shots but it acts as a big parachute. No self-respecting EV RV'er would have that on their roof. Everything about the trailer is designed to look like a reasonable choice, something an EV owner might actually want to tow, while actually being deceptively draggy. They changed the default trailer brake setting in the Lightning to a more active setting than the default (this causes the trailer brakes to kick on sooner and harder rather than relying more on the regen of the tow vehicle).

Considering all this, straight into a stiff wind, I was slightly impressed it didn't die sooner! The Cybertruck will do better towing silly things like this but maybe not by as much as the EPA ranges will indicate. The aerodynamics of the tow vehicle matter a lot less when it is towing a big box. These clowns should be ashamed at themselves the way they put seemingly limitless energy into making EV's look worse than reality. It's OBVIOUS when you hear them talk. Truely disgusting.