Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would suggesting waiting to give manual document checking time to happen.
If anything interesting happens, I'm sure it will get announced here.
Data point: I uploaded my last Schwab pdf statement last week and today saw "Verification Complete" in my www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/subscription-preferences page

Still no word on how to add more than on brokerage statement, or are the share numbers immaterial ?

Data point: I uploaded my last Schwab pdf statement last week and today saw "Verification Complete" in my www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/subscription-preferences page

I do kinda wonder what their plans are for ongoing verification... obviously someone who just sent a current screen shot of owning shares could sell em at any time, as compared to the folks who went the SAY/plaid route where they could check ongoing-wise....

One thought it they only care is you're holding shares when you sign up-- but at that point- why? If it's PURELY non-material-informational then gating to shareholders didn't make sense anyway.

If it's gonna include some actual benefits or offers to holding shares then you'd want ongoing verification- which the screenshot method doesn't appear to support.

What is the benefit of verifying share ownership? Special communications? Would not that be material info that has to be disclosed to all per reg FD?
Many asked this same question about 15 pages ago when Chief Moneybags dropped the link. Nobody really knows.

I assume it’s something more than just voting for questions and voting shares because it’s already fairly trivial to do those things so they don’t really need a special mechanism for that. But… I assumed there was goign to be something on 12/4…. We all know how that ended.

I do kinda wonder what their plans are for ongoing verification... obviously someone who just sent a current screen shot of owning shares could sell em at any time, as compared to the folks who went the SAY/plaid route where they could check ongoing-wise....

One thought it they only care is you're holding shares when you sign up-- but at that point- why? If it's PURELY non-material-informational then gating to shareholders didn't make sense anyway.

If it's gonna include some actual benefits or offers to holding shares then you'd want ongoing verification- which the screenshot method doesn't appear to support.

Indeed - maybe then it is a soft filter for Tesla account holders (who may or may not have purchased any Tesla product, or have put in an order) who are one step above account holders who could be bots.

As mentioned earlier I really hope this would be an offer for better auto loans rates (and more, like early Starlink investment opportunities) if you put some TSLA shares in escrow w/ Tesla* instead of your brokerage account.

(*) with automatic default shareholder resolutions according to Tesla's board to make things simple and foil the anti Tesla share big funds owners

It's clear that this was thrown together rather quickly, I'm sure they will have to go back and figure things out more thoroughly later on if they want to actually tie meaningful financial benefits to this like priority access to Starlink IPO shares.

I'm one of the guys who decided to just try clicking the button without using Say or even submitting any forms manually. So now I'm stuck permanently in "Your request has been received" because for some unfathomable reason they let you click the button without submitting anything and there is no way to back out and submit something. If I'm stuck in limbo forever and they don't fix it before Starlink IPO they're gonna be getting a massive class action lawsuit from everyone like me.

Tom Nash compares GM and Tesla 10-Qs for Q2
Nice to see some of the differences from Tom's perspective

Tesla is ALREADY 1.36x more profitable than GM, while producing a fifth the number of vehicles: (and paying for 10x the R&D that really matters for the coming decade)

FYl83GrXwAYQns-

Cheers!

So with more and more earnings coming out we can conclude that all doom-and-gloom predictions of the economy are widely overblown?
Probably a bit early to say that right now, but signs are still there of strength in the economy. If tomorrow brings positive GDP numbers at all... this market will rip big time.

One thing I think we can gather is that big misses are priced into tech... Alphabet and Microsoft missed, but only slightly and they have run. Meta honestly looks like they have a chance at a beat today and if they do, there is a chance tech really gets moving.

Reactions: Artful Dodger
Regrettably it does not say "verification complete". Instead it simply says it has "been received". Leaving myself, and probably most non-US shareholders, plus quite likely many US shareholders in limbo. Do we just wait ? Do we bombard every Tesla email we can reach with requests ? What ?

View attachment 833336
Patience, same situation as me but Martin Viecha (head of Tesla IR) confirmed it will take longer to get verified since it's manual work.

The Tesla Decade

A 90 page analyst report on investing in Tesla Stock.

Eric Markowitz | Director of Research, Partner, Worm Capital
Cameron Tierney | Research Analyst, Worm Capital
April 18, 2022
Worm Capital web site

I have not read it yet. But here is a quote from the report:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It’s still early days…
• Our multi-year research effort into Tesla’s manufacturing capabilities and
supply chain integrations suggest that Tesla is more than 6 years ahead of any
competitor. This lead is expanding.
• The company has massive scale today, which in our view will likely compound
at significant rates going forward—and outpace current consensus
expectations by a wide margin.
• We believe that many market participants do not yet grasp the extensive data,
software, manufacturing, and AI advantage that Tesla enjoys.
• Overall sell-side estimates of Tesla’s growth are, in our view, are extremely low.

A recipe for an epic redistribution of wealth.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
13F shows Worm has $445M (66% of portfolio value) invested in Tesla calls and shares.

Last edited: