Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The information says just some sites. (Which is how it works in the UK/Europe right now.) In fact, right now it is ZERO sites. So that $0.99/month is a really bad deal. ;)

They likely won't open up overloaded/very busy sites to non-Teslas.
Makes a ton of sense then. I was wondering if they were going to roll this out to existing chargers, sounds like the answer no at least at first.

The catch is I think they will be rolling this out to the new V4 sites. If those are 350kW, then the fastest Tesla sites will be the ones competing with non-Tesla cars. I know… the speed difference won’t be that big (maybe zero for my Model Y), but it is nice to get that extra 1-2 minutes savings.

Yeah but you are rolling out this service at the expense of current customers. You want the price to be high enough to de-incentivize current owners to jump ship, while keeping other cars from entering the network too much as to not disturb current owners. Remember this is just lip service, check off that mark that Tesla is "doing the right thing".

If Tesla is having a utilization issue because there are too many changing stations that's one thing, but currently they are having trouble keeping up due to the massive amount of cars they are dumping onto the road.

I think it's beneficial for everyone. By opening up the Superchargers to other brands, Tesla will be eligible for massive amounts of government subsidies for public charging infrastructure. That will in turn fund a massive expansion in the network. A rising tide, and all that.

Seems to me that Tesla starting the Supercharger service at $0.99/ month with a limited number of stations makes sense.

As Tesla brings more and more charging stations online, that number is likely to increase as the value of the service increases. Much like FSD prices have increased as the features come close to completion.

So I wouldn’t freak out about the current rate.

Is this a joke?

.99 cents a month. Tesla owners have a legit gripe now. It cost practically nothing for non Tesla owners to pay the same lower rate as Tesla owners. Kinda of a slap in the face to me 🤷
That's not what it says. If you pay Tesla .99 a month for the subscription, you get a LOWER rate than if you don't have a subscription. It never says you will get the same rate as a Tesla owner.

Whats the deal with charging adaptors for non-Tesla drivers in USA? Will Tesla supply them at the superchargers, or do non-tesla owners have to buy there own?
This questions been answered but it'd be funny if they didn't supply an adapter. Hell, who supplies Tesla at non-Tesla chargers with adapters, anyone? Oh right we have to buy our own! Have you seen the stupid size of some of these charger ports, ridonkulous. Eventually non_Tesla drivers will realize it's just better to get a Tesla next time lol.

Now Reuters, lol.....

Screenshot_20220816-235643_Reuters.jpg

Apparently Tesla pulled the non-Tesla subscription out of the app now.

It seems like the whole non-Tesla subscription thing was a slip up. Makes sense since… there are no chargers which support it.

Also, solid chance the $0.99 fee is a filler cost in the app until they actually green light this.

Though it wouldn’t surprise me if it hangs around at $0.99 until they get a bunch of non-Tesla sites online.

Last edited:
Did it, got paid 6000$ to sell my AAPL at $175 in 1 month. It’s in gods hands now.

Correction: You have only sold if it is worth at least $175/share in one month. If bad news causes it to trade in a lower trading range, you are stuck with it. Therefore, I would have used a capital "G" in the second sentence, so you don't irritate Him. ;)

The o'Dowd 30.5" mannequin would be below the 3rd percentile if it were 24 months old, let alone 3 years.
The issue that I’m struggling with here is the quintessential “edge case”. Does it matter if there’s a <1% child in the street? How do train your NN for these ridiculous edge cases that might actually happen?

Reactions: Matias and Andy O