Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SUAMMRY: Too many players with nobody driving compliance. And likely vastly different skillsets. And no real vested interest in making it seamless, but often driven by mandate. (EA anyone?). Lots of finger pointing no doubt....
CharIN has recently introduce testing and certification of following the CCS standards: CharIN Conformance Testing – CharIN

It seems like only one charger, but no vehicles, have been certified so far. One would think they would have had this from the start, but nope they thought everyone would perfectly follow the standards. :eek:

CharIN has recently introduce testing and certification of following the CCS standards: CharIN Conformance Testing – CharIN

It seems like only one charger, but no vehicles, have been certified so far. One would think they would have had this from the start, but nope they thought everyone would perfectly follow the standards. :eek:
Ah hadn't seen that... well that's hopefully a step in the right direction.

Interesting that the certification for that ABB charger includes the Firmware revision level...

If I wanted to buy a whole crap ton of TSLA, this is a good morning to do it.

ECB raised rates .75 and MM's should help keep TSLA under control as there still aren't too many buyers.

Looks like some folks are taking the opportunity to accumulate.
Explain this word IF to me.

Or they thought why bother since there will never be enough compliance EVs to matter.

It would have to, since a different firmware version may not be compliant, and I would think that every new firmware version would have to be tested to maintain certification.
Yeah agreed... I was more or less mentioning that to underscore the point in my earlier post that things like differing firmware revisions in the multi-vendor interconnected systems can be problematic...

Looks like Lathrop is ramping up ....
I have kicked myself a great many times for not getting Powerwalls with my Tesla solar. We have net metering in PA which limits the benefit, but during the last year I've had power outages over and over and over. I am hoping Tesla introduces a home battery that's cheaper per kWh than Powerwalls, sits on a precast concrete slab, and is sold with 50 and 100 kWh options.

Yeah agreed... I was more or less mentioning that to underscore the point in my earlier post that things like differing firmware revisions in the multi-vendor interconnected systems can be problematic...
That's usually the case since FW versions with different feature sets/ behavior can induce issues. However, in this case, since it is tied to certification of compatibility with a standard, it should be the case that any certified charger FW version will work with any certified vehicle FW version.
The list of certified FW versions would be checked at deployment (or if there is an issue because the certification testing has a lack of coverage).

I have kicked myself a great many times for not getting Powerwalls with my Tesla solar. We have net metering in PA which limits the benefit, but during the last year I've had power outages over and over and over. I am hoping Tesla introduces a home battery that's cheaper per kWh than Powerwalls, sits on a precast concrete slab, and is sold with 50 and 100 kWh options.
On the cost side, in case you were not aware, batteries added to existing solar qualify for the solar equipment tax credit. (Or at least they did in pre-IRA times).

As to installation, you could pour a slab, install a knee wall, then double stack Powerwalls on both sides (single stack with wider wall), 4 units is 50ish kWh. Could even give it a solar panel roof for shading.

That's usually the case since FW versions with different feature sets/ behavior can induce issues. However, in this case, since it is tied to certification of compatibility with a standard, it should be the case that any certified charger FW version will work with any certified vehicle FW version.
The list of certified FW versions would be checked at deployment (or if there is an issue because the certification testing has a lack of coverage).
[emphasis mine]

Indeed it should... let's hope... 😉

Reactions: mongo
I won't believe that until Star Man gives the all clear.
1483834824-david-bowie--the--starman-...-who-fell-to-earth-.jpg

I am hoping Tesla introduces a home battery that's cheaper per kWh than Powerwalls, sits on a precast concrete slab, and is sold with 50 and 100 kWh options.

Yeah they have that. It's called 'Powerpack':

800px-TeslaSuperchargerPowerpack.jpg

You might find the Powerpack waiting list to be even longer than the one for Powerwall. Backorders for TE products now go out to 2024.

Cheers!