Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well for those who weren’t able to shake the couch or find an umbrella yesterday, today offers another chance.
Current status of my couch.
1664900719037.png

that works out to about 8 million shares at this price. This dump is of about that magnitude. Could be over today
Elon is likely restricted from selling until after earnings as he has material information. If there is a dump from Elon, that would likely (unless a plan was already filed) a few days after earnings. This is the market taking some risk off the table in preparation.

To me this is clearly good longer term. The overhang of sales and the drama around it will leave as soon as it is executed. From there it just becomes the risk of Elon running too many companies.

Elon is likely restricted from selling until after earnings as he has material information. If there is a dump from Elon, that would likely (unless a plan was already filed) a few days after earnings. This is the market taking some risk off the table in preparation.

To me this is clearly good longer term. The overhang of sales and the drama around it will leave as soon as it is executed. From there it just becomes the risk of Elon running too many companies.
And if Elon still has all the original investors on board, he will be buying back Tesla stocks because he over did it just incase people pulls out and the judge forces Musk to buy. Elon agreeing to go ahead with the purchase most likely mean original investors are still onboard.

Hope Elon uses both his piggy banks .. TSLA and SpaceX, not just TSLA ;)
especially when the 1st one is doing down, and the others valuations have been stable or have gone up.

the only new TWTR related news I had seen past day or so was that Dorsey wanted Elon as board member ...

Reactions: juanmedina
And if Elon still has all the original investors on board, he will be buying back Tesla stocks because he over did it just incase people pulls out and the judge forces Musk to buy. Elon agreeing to go ahead with the purchase most likely mean original investors are still onboard.
It is really all speculation, but I think it is safe to say Elon can get the money if he's filing this.

My feeling here is Musk (or his attorneys) think his deposition in court will be more damaging than good. Perhaps for the lawsuit or in general.

I don't think the timing here is coincidental.

I tend to agree with this. The writing was on the wall that they were likely to lose the case and a merger would be forced. Any discount on that likely wasn't worth the pain this may cause.

My feeling here is Musk (or his attorneys) think his deposition in court will be more damaging than good. Perhaps for the lawsuit or in general.

I don't think the timing here is coincidental.

Also yesterday afternoon judge granted discovery on a newly discovered email pointing to the idea Musks legal team might have had contact with the whistleblower a week before they tried to pull out of deal, and at a time they had previously sworn they'd never spoken to the guy.

But getting into the weeds on this still belongs here:

The only logical explanation to him suddenly accepting 5420 is he read my post this morning, had an epiphany, decided to wrap up all his drama and stick to business..

You're welcome!

Or he decided to give an Optimus third finger salute to Audie’s disdain for the platform.

“Badly missed”?

Is Gary more than a WS shill by now? Like really 🤣

Gary believes Tesla shipped so many cars at the end of Q3 because the China Model Y is priced too high to qualify for the Chinese government rebate, so people are waiting for Tesla to drop the price, thus demand has fallen. I feel he might have a good point honestly. China demand has obviously fallen to some degree, whether that is due to their economic problems or the China MY being priced too high is unknown.

Gary believes Tesla shipped so many cars at the end of Q3 because the China Model Y is priced too high to qualify for the Chinese government rebate, so people are waiting for Tesla to drop the price, thus demand has fallen. I feel he might have a good point honestly. China demand has obviously fallen to some degree, whether that is due to their economic problems or the China MY being priced too high is unknown.
We could easily see the same scenario play out here in the US until the feds clarify the rules and we find out for sure which cars are eligible for the $7500 tax credit. Here's to hoping we get some kind of clarity in the next 6 to 8 weeks.