Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IIRC, they laid into and sued the original would be suppliers of the Model X Falcon Wing doors. They also jettisoned their seat supplier.
But the German falcon door mfger sued Tesla first for non-payment, then the media picked up on that, AND THEN we may have heard from Tesla. No?

And yes, they got rid of the seat mfging, but again I don’t recall that Tesla went on the offensive and publicly blamed them. Not in the way GM and others do. That’s what I was getting at. Tesla doesn’t go out of its way to blame others for stuff gone bad if and until push comes to shove.

Source: Wikipedia
Quebec ranks among the top ten areas to do business in mining in the world.[244] In 2011, the mining industry accounted for 6.3% of Quebec's GDP[245] and it employed about 50,000 people in 158 companies.[246] It has around 30 mines, 158 exploration companies and 15 primary processing industries. While many metallic and industrial minerals are exploited, the main ones are gold, iron, copper and zinc.

They did deal fine with German one, so they should be fine.

EDIT: Read about Mexico's economy too here. They do make the most cars in North America among many other interesting things.
For automotive especially this is relevant:
Several major automakers take advantage of those agreements to export from Mexico to Mercosur countries, and also export from Mercosur to Mexico, although the latter are mostly from Brazil. That can also serve Tesla by sidestepping the need for immediate major investments outside the USMCA in the Americas, while still establishing a market position.

With all due respect, I'd suggest that's pure FUD. You don't know exactly why, but you suspect Quebec wouldn't be a good location for a Tesla Gigafactory, that it?

Dealing with Québécois bureaucracy is probably going to add far more costs than resource proximity will subtract unfortunately.

There is a reason that in spite of having a well educated population and some of the lowest energy prices in NA that Quebec has much lower GDP per head than even Mississippi.

Food for thought... KFC is called PFK in Quebec ONLY. Even in France it's called KFC.

Running a business in Quebec is just asking for red tape and nonsense.
Clearly I'm not the only one who has concerns.

Reactions: ShareLofty
I do, as do others in this thread who have laid out reasons Quebec may not be a good choice. We don't even know if Tesla is building an automotive plant there but you're intent on defending it anyway.
Hi Pot, Kettle here.

And your intent to criticize even though we don’t know if Tesla is building an automotive plant there. 🙄

C245D983-0F74-4708-9D60-A51D47EC5669.jpeg

Teslamag´s source says 15 ships in Q4 to Europe, and this does not even include right-hand-drive cars!
@Troy
Just received this in the Uk. Clearly a big push to sell the base model y before end of the year. Clearly a large shop load on the way from Shabghai RHD

Attachments

• 83486BEA-9F44-41D4-BA29-559912B877BB.png
    83486BEA-9F44-41D4-BA29-559912B877BB.png
    647.8 KB · Views: 83
It just occurred to me that Elon might also be interested in Twitter because he wants to compete with Zuckerberg's Metaverse. Tesla has the AI experience and Twitter has the workforce/infrastructure. Instead of a Tesla phone, maybe we should expect a Tesla VR headset.
He wants to make a super app.

Musk was recently talking about couch surfing in Silicon Valley.

This kind of suggests what he’s been up to in the Bay Area. Shouldn’t be that big of a surprise, but there was a lot of conjecture about why he would be talking about being in California right now a day or two ago.
Just reported on Bloomberg that he's going to address the Twitter staff on Friday...

Mainly adding payments, in my opinion. Electronic transactions are relatively expensive in the USA, so it's ripe for disruption.
It's more than just payments which he's got a huge advantage in.

In his first meeting with Twitter employees in June, WeChat came up again. “You basically live on WeChat in China,” Musk told his future staff. “If we can recreate that with Twitter, we’ll be a great success.”