Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whenever the TSLA price is under pressure you tend to write these panicked, borderline nonsensical messages that don't seem to match your overall bullish positioning. Just sayin' ;)

S/X demand will be just fine in Q2, especially if they do a refresh. "Giving them away"?? Did you confuse the S/X with the E-Tron?
It’s not panicked. I’m numb to these drops at this point. But S/X numbers are concerning. I’ve seen many inventory cars reduced in price by 20-40%. Saw a P100D with 50 miles on it for $86k. That’s ludicrous. The only plausible explanation would be a refresh is coming so they are clearing out inventory and making buyers feel good about their purchase when the refresh comes since they got a good deal

Last edited:
Whenever the TSLA price is under pressure you tend to write these panicked, borderline nonsensical messages that don't seem to match your overall bullish positioning. Just sayin' ;)

S/X demand will be just fine in Q2, especially if they do a refresh. "Giving them away"?? Did you confuse the S/X with the E-Tron?

I think demand will recover, there were many headwinds that showed up in Q1 simultaneously, but I can also understand his frustration... It seemed like we were in the clear late last year and now we're looking at a possible half-billion Q1 loss, and maybe no S&P addition until 2020.

• Disagree
Reactions: neroden
It’s not panicked. I’m numb to these drops at this point. But S/X numbers are concerning. I’ve seen many inventory cars reduced in price by 20-40%. Saw a P100D with 50 milestone on it for $86k. That’s ludicrous. The only plausible explanation would be a refresh is coming so they are clearing out inventory and making buyers feel good about their purchase when the refresh comes since they got a good deal

I really wouldn't be surprised if the demo car for the AP event is a refreshed S/X.

Imagining Zhelko and @Mike117 in a hot tub, @anthonyj seems to be drinking the water.

I really wouldn't be surprised if the demo car for the AP event is a refreshed S/X.
I’ll start questioning my investment in Tesla if there is no refresh shown. They just need an interior refresh and maybe the S needs new taillights.
Anyone think how funny it is that Investor Day is as close to 4/20 as possible? Would be cool if they show a 420 mile range Model S. Or maybe a take private bid at $420. Hmm

`
You want an ice machine in your Model 3? I can make a custom tissue box for you if you want one. It will fit in the area under the sliding door...Just let me know the height width and depth I need to work with, I don't have a Model 3 yet.

Tissue box... made it for my wife... there is always some truth to me, I think.

3d printed ABS

Max Pain by tomorrow... $275 right?

Attachments

• IMG_1303.jpeg
    IMG_1303.jpeg
    322.4 KB · Views: 81
I’ll start questioning my investment in Tesla if there is no refresh shown. They just need an interior refresh and maybe the S needs new taillights.
Anyone think how funny it is that Investor Day is as close to 4/20 as possible? Would be cool if they show a 420 mile range Model S. Or maybe a take private bid at $420. Hmm

Don't think they will show a refreshed S/X until you can actually go on the website and order them.

I do think it is coming though, with 400 mile range :D

It’s not panicked. I’m numb to these drops at this point. But S/X numbers are concerning. I’ve seen many inventory cars reduced in price by 20-40%. Saw a P100D with 50 miles on it for $86k. That’s ludicrous. The only plausible explanation would be a refresh is coming so they are clearing out inventory and making buyers feel good about their purchase when the refresh comes since they got a good deal

Yeah, Model X and S pricing is brutal right now. The numbers of cars being produced and sold is fairly ugly. Tbh, I don't know where to look for a silver lining. At this point I feel like we need a hail mary of some sort. Be it in the self driving investors day, something surprising and amazing in the refresh, etc. As an investor thats deeply underwater, hoping for some kind of miracle isnt a position I am happy to be in.

Yeah, Model X and S pricing is brutal right now. The numbers of cars being produced and sold is fairly ugly. Tbh, I don't know where to look for a silver lining. At this point I feel like we need a hail mary of some sort. Be it in the self driving investors day, something surprising and amazing in the refresh, etc. As an investor thats deeply underwater, hoping for some kind of miracle isnt a position I am happy to be in.
If Tesla has something jawdropping to show autonomy day, I can see investors disregard everything about financials, cars sold etc in favor of a new growth story. If they can show that FSD isn’t just a gimmick and can actually soon create revenue (Andrej has to say this, not Elon) stock can double in two months. It can’t be another Model Y type of event where they show a new product for 4 minutes in the dark. That was an embarrassment imo

Refresh announcement would give the stock a temporary bump and won’t affect stock much until we see sales from the new models

I honestly don't care what wall street thinks, or shorts think, or the media thinks. Tesla is outselling everyone else in EVS and pushing the entire worlds automakers to catch up. People who think the S needs a 'refresh'...show me the car that looks and feels cooler? Show me the car with the more impressive touchscreen, or the better real-world usable autopilot, or the supercharger network, or over-the-air updates, or range, or acceleration, for the same price.
Such a car does not exist yet, not even on anybodies drawing board, let alone orderable right now.

I'd like a short-term SP rise so I can get out of my stupid short term (i thought) day-trade positions I've been holding,which distract me from my day job, but my roughly 1,000 actual TSLA shares will still be in my hands in 2025. I don't care how long it takes for wall street to learn to do actual maths.

If Tesla has something jawdropping to show autonomy day, I can see investors disregard everything about financials, cars sold etc in favor of a new growth story. If they can show that FSD isn’t just a gimmick and can actually soon create revenue (Andrej has to say this, not Elon) stock can double in two months. It can’t be another Model Y type of event where they show a new product for 4 minutes in the dark. That was an embarrassment imo

Refresh announcement would give the stock a temporary bump and won’t affect stock much until we see sales from the new models

While it is a pretty low chance IMHO, If Tesla actually has a working FSD system on the 22nd, the stock way more than doubles...

Anybody know who the vendor is for this:

03/28/19 FPL PRESS RELEASE:
FPL announces plan to build the world's largest solar-powered battery and drive accelerated retirement of fossil fuel generation
- Innovative modernization plan will replace a pair of aging natural gas power generating units with clean and renewable energy, saving FPL customers more than $100 million while eliminating more than 1 million tons of carbon dioxide emissions
- The FPL Manatee Energy Storage Center's battery system is projected to have four times the capacity of the world's largest battery system currently in operation
- Charged by an existing, co-located FPL solar power plant, the planned battery storage center will increase the predictability of solar - extending its benefits even when the sun is not shining

this will be 409MWH.

Any intel on the vendor would be helpful.

Fire Away!