Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That would need about $400 a day.

Uber drivers make an avg of $20/hr. So, someone has to work 20 hours a day to make $400 or if you think, because its a Tesla, you can make double the avg (not sure how this could be true) - still need to work 10 hrs a day, assuming 100% occupation level.

How Much Money Does An Uber Driver Make? Pay & Salary Review

I didn't say that would be possible, only what would make it worthwhile.

Tbh, I don't know where to look for a silver lining.

I don't really get a lot of the doom and gloom here.

If I keep losing money at this rate I may consider it.

Contrary indicators! (Did I Jinx it with GrimSweepers quote?)

Tesla has Grohmann building machines that build batteries. Panasonic manages the business of building the batteries. Likely a difficult position to be in when needing to negotiate.
Finally, what manufacturer today relies solely on one vendor?

Reactions: MikeC
Given what we know:

35Gwh off battery production confirmed by panasonic.

Model 3 depending on battery mix and production rates can consume anywhere from 18Gwh to 23gwh and change. I think at this point it’s closer to the 18 side given production rates from Q1, this leaves a gap of over 10gwh. (Including room for TE)

The only thing that is current that consumes roughly that amount is S&X at 100,000 a year. Which is also a product in need of a refresh and has a demand problem.

It’s the only thing that seems reasonable (TE isn’t going to consume the rest, Semi isn’t going to magically start production in the next few months, same with Y, Roadster, and pickup.)

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I agree. Although I sense a lot of frustration that this isn't reflected in the stock price yet.

There will always be that frustration in good times and bad with TSLA. If I had some scratch I would buy at any price and hold on until it becomes a new low or never sell. Our last purchases were 8 and 12 shares at $355 and $340. (Order and amounts may be mixed up—from memory.) Average cost somewhat lower (near $90) purchased 2010-18 when prices were a bit lower. Total amount ridiculous for many of you. Most purchases with excess cash from social security check that is modest.

Stay long. Not an advice...well I guess it is. Our wealth advisor says take some profits on the way. I keep telling him TSLA is countercyclical stock and we can have that conversation again when SP reaches $1,000, if I live that long which, as Deming said in deep voice according to Sandy Munro, "not guaranteed." But my 40 year younger wife should be able to buy a good sized farm in her native Thailand.

Bought 15 shares today at $266.82. Too good of a deal to pass up.

On these news I scraped the bottom of the barrel for some dry powder and made a small, opportunistic limit order.

I was surprised to see that it was filled immediately - until I realized that I had entered the limit while still thinking in US dollars, while my broker uses Euro...

Let that be a lesson to the Europeans here.

Btw, I am currently down 5€ on my trade, so I would consider that lesson a bargain.

12.PNG

Here is a WSJ comment that I would like to reply to before the comments close.

Anyone have any quick data with source links on carbon footprint of Tesla battery manufacturing?

Here is the comment I wish to respond to:
>>>>>
I have a keen interest in electric cars because they appear to be the next big thing. Simpler design and mechanics and the prospect of reducing the pollution produced by ICE automobiles.

My research suggest that any differential in carbon emissions from the production process occurs from the batteries of the electric cars. That means that electric cars start out at a surplus with respect to carbon emissions produced before any driving is done.

How quickly that is made up by the superior performance of electric cars on the emissions front depends on the source of the electricity. If the electricity comes from coal fired plants it could take 5 years or more to make up differential in emissions coming from production.
>>>>>
This might help:

Reactions: VValleyEV