Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think what the past few years have proved is that Elon welds more power than they can imagine, and all the character assassination attempt on him bounced off him like rocks hitting a wall. His influence has gotten only stronger, followers deeply more entrenched.

This reminds me of Trump, when after 4 years of questionable performance, character assassination attempts, and relentless attacks daily, he ended up with the most republican votes in US history.
The point of the post was not political. The point was to show character assassination attempts can backfire and result in the person you are trying to take down becoming more popular and powerful. I am not making a case for Trump being good or bad, but his re-election result certainly surprised the people trying to take him down all term.

I think so. But it may be Berlin or Texas are that final master design.

I think a part of ramp up time is just assembling the equipment and tuning it. Also, not sure about Berlin, but Texas seemed to be held up significantly by supply and battery shortages. I got the distinct impression that Texas would have ramped a lot faster if they’d had 4680 supplies.
Wasn't 2170s at TX only supposed to be a contingency plan?

Wasn't 2170s at TX only supposed to be a contingency plan?
To get Austin built, they had to make some projections, otherwise Austin would still be in the construction phase. No one has ever done 4860s on a mass scale, couple that with some new technology and structural cells and it should be zero surprise that it's hard to do. I'm very happy they had a contingency plan.

I think what the past few years have proved is that Elon welds more power than they can imagine, and all the character assassination attempt on him bounced off him like rocks hitting a wall. His influence has gotten only stronger, followers deeply more entrenched.

This reminds me of Trump, when after 4 years of questionable performance, character assassination attempts, and relentless attacks daily, he ended up with the most republican votes in US history.
I don’t like seeing Elon and TFG in the same sentence, but one thing is certain or at least very likely, Elon wouldn’t get that meeting with McCarthy and Jeffries if he didn’t own Twitter.

Striking how the squeeze/spike in Lucid yesterday seems to have affected other “next Tesla” stocks.

7E6565E3-4268-43BC-9D3D-E1DC094B2DF1.jpeg

Q4 q&a

Elon said he does not see any competitor in 5 years, and again referenced need a telescope to see second place, as in the Tesla IPO investors Powerpoint presentation.

Since Elon thinks Tesla will essentially own the whole “market”, top on Elon’s mind must be the self-driving EV market. This aligns with his comments over the years that in future years buying a car without self driving will be like buying a horse.

He also recently (2021? 2022?) said that without FSD, Tesla value is “zero”.

While most look at Tesla market share of the EV market, and other looks at its share of the entire car market, if the timeframe is 5 years, Elon is more focus on looking at Tesla’s share of the self driving vehicle market, as that is likely where all profits will lie.

George Gianarikas -- Canaccord Genuity -- Analyst

Hi, everyone. Thanks for taking my question. So you recently adjusted prices, and that may have put many of your competitors in the back foot. In addition to that, capital markets have recently gotten a lot tougher.

So with those factors in mind, I'm curious how you see the current competitive landscape changing over the next few years. And who do you see as your chief competitors five years from now?

Elon Musk -- Chief Executive Officer and Product Architect

Five years is a long time. As with the Tesla order part, AI team, until late last night, and just we're asking [Inaudible], so who do we think is close to Tesla with -- a general solution for self-driving? And we still don't even know really who would even be a distant second. So yes, it really seems like we're -- I mean, right now, I don't think you could see a second place with a telescope, at least we can't. So that won't last forever.

So in five years, I don't know, probably somebody has figured it out. I don't think it's any of the car companies that we're aware of. But I'm just guessing that someone might figure it out eventually. So yes.

Hmmmm....My personal experience :

Buying experience without the dealer? BETTER. Service experience without the "for BIG profits" dealer? BETTER. Not sharing profits of my favorite company with dealer? BETTER....
You don’t miss the oil change specials?

Q4 q&a

Elon said he does not see any competitor in 5 years, and again referenced need a telescope to see second place, as in the Tesla IPO investors Powerpoint presentation.

Since Elon thinks Tesla will essentially own the whole “market”, top on Elon’s mind must be the self-driving EV market. This aligns with his comments over the years that in future years buying a car without self driving will be like buying a horse.

He also recently (2021? 2022?) said that without FSD, Tesla value is “zero”.

While most look at Tesla market share of the EV market, and other looks at its share of the entire car market, if the timeframe is 5 years, Elon is more focus on looking at Tesla’s share of the self driving vehicle market, as that is likely where all profits will lie.

George Gianarikas -- Canaccord Genuity -- Analyst

Hi, everyone. Thanks for taking my question. So you recently adjusted prices, and that may have put many of your competitors in the back foot. In addition to that, capital markets have recently gotten a lot tougher.

So with those factors in mind, I'm curious how you see the current competitive landscape changing over the next few years. And who do you see as your chief competitors five years from now?

Elon Musk -- Chief Executive Officer and Product Architect

Five years is a long time. As with the Tesla order part, AI team, until late last night, and just we're asking [Inaudible], so who do we think is close to Tesla with -- a general solution for self-driving? And we still don't even know really who would even be a distant second. So yes, it really seems like we're -- I mean, right now, I don't think you could see a second place with a telescope, at least we can't. So that won't last forever.

So in five years, I don't know, probably somebody has figured it out. I don't think it's any of the car companies that we're aware of. But I'm just guessing that someone might figure it out eventually. So yes.
I think what was being conveyed is that the car itself will be immaterial compared to fsd: in terms of valuation he said it will be one of the biggest single value creation moments. In that lens, no one is even close. And a lot of current Tesla owners will have the ability to upgrade without a new car purchase.

Striking how the squeeze/spike in Lucid yesterday seems to have affected other “next Tesla” stocks.

View attachment 900606
It wasn’t just auto stocks. Lots of other heavily shorted “meme” stocks had a big squeeze too. I think amc and GameStop had big days. Coinbase is another example, heavily shorted (for good reason imo) up 15% yesterday.