Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why has 275 been a resistance level lately?
It's Technical selling around the mid-BB, currently at 274.04

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2019-04-17.13-45.png

Fred alert.

His bias is so obvious with this comment

"Between more efficient motors and a more energy dense battery pack, Model S and Model X could get big range and performance upgrades – making the vehicles much more competitive in their respective segments."

What competition??? No other EV out there is competitive with the current version of the S/X. Also F" off Fred with your leaking of information. His leaks this story then writes up another story the next day saying he's worried about demand for current S/X. Gee no sh*t Sherlock.

Tesla should just get out in front this by saying a S/X refresh is coming but that it's going to cost more, like 10k more for each version(standard and long range). You'll have people wanting to get in the lower price in the current forms plus guarantee that they'll get the 3850 tax credit before it get's halved again.
I'm no Fred fan but to your comment, I'm pretty sure he was talking about the entire luxury sedan and SUV market. Not just EVs.

Dan

• Helpful
Reactions: Lessmog
It looks like SR+ is just 55kWh.
The problem with adding new capacity is if Panasonic build new cell lines but then soon after manage to ramp up the existing lines to their current 35gWh design capacity, they will then have excess capacity until Y is in mass production - some lines will then have to be idled and profitability will be significantly impacted. Much better to just get the current lines from 24gWh to their 35gWh capacity. But not clear what the bottlenecks are to achieving this.

No, Panasonic could switch the excess capacity to the Tesla Energy formulation and Tesla could stop buying cells from other manufacturers. (Which I assume would be cheaper for Tesla.)

Not to mention they need lots of cells for the Tesla Semi too...

• Love
Reactions: neroden
Think that article is BS and really outdated... "Tesla plans to lower the price of the Model 3 to $35,000"

Hmmm.. Tesla removed the $35k Model 3 from the website and now the lowest cost is $53k on the Tesla website.

Not any more.. You now need to also purchase AP.

You are bad at the internet is $39,500 including autopilot..... And Without any tax incentives

Oh … I didn't realize that ARKK has a drug problem ;)

I should look for something else. ARKQ - is that the one without genomics ?

ps : I don't think M4A should affect genomics, per se, but I can see how exorbitant prices won't be possible. If markets is expecting high prices, then it makes sense for genomics to dip as well.

ARKK, ARKQ & ARKW are all heavily into TSLA. ARKK includes genomics stocks, while the latter two do not. ARKG is devoted to genomics.

Those and ARKF are all extremely actively managed. A usually long list of stocks traded during a session are emailed most days around market closing time.

These are all ETFs (exchange traded funds), meaning one trades them the same way as individual stocks: on a stock exchange through one's brokerage while entering the ticker symbol.

I sold my ARKK shares this morning, but might reacquire that or one of the other ARK funds before too long.

Link to more info: ARK Innovation ETFs

Why are you lying about something so easily verifiable? And even doubling down after being called out. This is truly puzzling

I mean, he’s right that you now have to purchase AP, but for some reason thinks the original price was the actual current price and, apparently, believes AP alone costs ~$15,000. I’m chalking it up to just being confused.