Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haha, a little juice box for the ol' triple-witch... :p

sc.TSLA.50-DayChart.2023-12-15.15-55.png

I think he probably had better inside info than that - but US politicians are actually allowed to trade on insider info. He bought them right before a post-ER dump and probably sold them shortly after.
Congress critters have been charged with insider trading before, after the STOCK Act was passed in 2012.

Senators Accused Of Insider Trading, Dumping Stocks After Coronavirus Briefing

Rep. Chris Collins arrested on insider trading charges

and Tuberville has had incidents of doing this before.

Congress Tuberville’s stock trading raises questions about potential insider trading

Last edited:
I think he probably had better inside info than that - but US politicians are actually allowed to trade on insider info.

A lot of people think this- but there's no such law saying this.

That's a 40ish page deep dive into the issue, specifically citing the oft repeated myth they have some magic in-the-law immunity and debunking it.

Now, in PRACTICE, the SEC doesn't generally pursue legal action against the people who control their own rules and budget- but there's nothing in the law that would prevent them from doing so. So it's less they're allowed to, and more nobody is interested in enforcing the law on them.

I really find it interesting that Elon has barely appeared anywhere at all. He just briefly showed up for the CT delivery event and was just gone as quickly. All of the rest - Franz, Lars, Drew and more have been involved in interviews and shows. No Elon.

This might be a quiet sign that his interests have been ported elsewhere.
Sandy did a 1 on 1 with Elon.

I really find it interesting that Elon has barely appeared anywhere at all. He just briefly showed up for the CT delivery event and was just gone as quickly. All of the rest - Franz, Lars, Drew and more have been involved in interviews and shows. No Elon.

This might be a quiet sign that his interests have been ported elsewhere.
Elon tends to leave his companies alone when they are doing well. Too much is read into "Elon is not focusing on Tesla/SpaceX/etc".

Before the CT Delivery Event on Nov 30, this is what we were hoping to see in December! Ramp, Baby!

Over 50 Cybertrucks! S Extension Grows, DIE Shop Area Paved! 15 Dec 2023 Giga Texas Update (08:35AM) | Joe Tegtmeyer

At time index 17:40 in this video, Joe tells us that Tesla is working to install 8 bty line total at Giga Texas, and that they are about to switch chemistries to a new, potentially higher energy density chemistry when their current supply runs out. It'll be interesting to see how this change affects range. :D

Also hoping for lots of fleet sales of Std/LR 3/Y to take advantage of IRA benefits for commercial sales. Maybe the Uber deal is the first shoe to drop?

Cheers!

Last edited:
Screenshot 2023-12-15 113633.png

So, why the rally into close? QQQ ran higher into close as well and then had a dip just before close, just as TSLA did. The most important piece of information was that we saw over 39 million TSLA shares trade hands during the 4pm closing cross. Clearly, the S&P500 mimic funds were adjusting their balances. IMO the hedge funds which anticipated the closing cross misguessed supply and demand and TSLA had to climb higher to allow all the S&P500 funds to readjust by buying or selling.

It's a careful dance to get 39 million shares trading hands at the exact same price at exactly 4pm. Clearly, the efforts of the pirates to see TSLA close below 250 took a distant back seat to this dance.

Just got an email from Tesla to fill out a Cybertruck Vehicle to Home Survey about the PowerShare Home Backup which I duly completed.

It asked about things like the current current service to the house (200 amps in my case), where the CT will be parked—attached/detached garage, on the street,…—, who my power company is, whether or not I have solar, and so on.

I dunno, it almost seems like they plan to sell me the Cybertruck I ordered despite my not living in CA or TX. 😉