Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If Tesla moves to Texas, can they just bring back Elon pay package since now they are out of the jurisdiction of Delaware?

But, it will take a shareholder vote to approve just the same.
Special session?
Wait 'till next Annual Meeting comes around?

Besides, they are still working the appeal in Delaware. If they win that, problem solved no matter what. I suspect they want to put off the Texas incorporation until after the appeal is decided.

There's a few problems with that.

1) It means (unless they remove it from the menu) Tesla is now selling a product it makes no sense for anyone to buy (the LR AWD that's net priced higher than the upper level trim)

2) Tesla does not have enough 2170s to replace all LR AWD sales with Ps. How do we know that? If they did they'd have already been putting them in LR AWDs which would then qualify for the $7500 as well.

So right now, yes, nearly any customer is going to pick the P over the LR AWD because of the broken pricing situation... but Tesla can't build nearly as many as they already sell of the LR AWD. Which you just removed any reason for anyone to buy.

So that'll put them in the weird spot of either starting to get REALLY long delivery times on the P and selling little to no AWDs... or needing to slash the price of the LR AWD to give anyone a reason to buy one.

Both of which you avoid if they'd have priced the P at say $57,990..... which would mean there's still a spot price-wise for the LR AWD without needing to cut any prices, plus they'd get 5k more for the P, plus the P would still be a fantastic buy at the price compared to the competition from other quick EVs all of which come in either a touch slower and STILL more expensive, or a touch quicker but WAY more expensive.

I can't see any math or sales outcome where 52.9k makes sense for the P given the current battery, IRA, and sales volume situations in the US- so Tesla doing that remains baffling.

I'd love to hear any theory that makes it make sense.... as long as it's more than just "Tesla must know what they're doing"
Maintenance will be cheaper for the common person with the LR. You do not want to price replacement low profile, two different sized, soft summer tires. that are rated for 163 mph top end. The tread life would be shorter than on the tires on the LR, but you have a stupid grin plastered on your face on every drive to and from work.

You're not a true investor in TSLA unless you still have 15 shares dated 12/23/2019 currently showing purchased at $28.046.

If you know, you know.
Unless you did what I did and sold those first. Not for tax reasons, it's in an IRA so it didn't matter anyway. It was because I believed our gov't might eventually tax my IRA Capital Gains in the future. My annual results since the peak times look terrible. Too bad I have limited trust with this country anymore.

• Informative
Reactions: Joe F
For the $2000 cheaper the P is you could sell the 20" wheels (P owners do it all the time) and buy even nicer 18s (which will also improve range- again P owners do it all the time on the

If 18s will fit.

I did exactly this on my 2013 Model s and was happy with the results. However, I looked into a performance model 3 around 2019 / 2020 and, at least for a time, 18s would not fit due to the brakes.

• Informative
Reactions: wtlloyd
If 18s will fit.

I did exactly this on my 2013 Model s and was happy with the results. However, I looked into a performance model 3 around 2019 / 2020 and, at least for a time, 18s would not fit due to the brakes.

This is not correct- 18s could always fit the 3P just fine-- but they had to be aftermarket 18s (which are available much better/lighter than the factory 18s anyway- often for the same $ or less than one could sell their factory 20s for).

Same should be true of the new P.

Shamelessly stolen from twitter

bingo.jpg

The long range has more range, tires on smaller wheels that last longer and are less likely to be damaged and likely perform better in weather events. I would pick the performance but not everyone will.
The new P is also 10mm lower so it would most likely not get into our driveway. I'd have to lift it. And the tires are just risky if you do long road trips. On the other hand the new seats and suspension look good. The LR also charges a bit faster. We'll stay with our current LR order.

There it is guys, Tsla to the moon, when put buyers were 10:1 call buyers for this earnings.
So worth it, I added a bunch of insurance PUTS and forced my self not to sell any shares ;)
(I even had a serious convo with my wife saying we should sell in personal this morning - then idea of PUTS came in and loaded up PUTS in personal hoping they would become *sugar* puts)

Last edited: