Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I edited the post to more accurately reflect reality. Good catch.

The rumor of Tesla having 100k H100s came from "Tesla Newswire" on X. In a recent Spaces from April 10, Elon mentioned Grok 2 uses 20k H100s and it will be released in May, and they are raising $3B (at a valuation of $18B) for 100k H100s for Grok 3 sometime soon.

This post mplies (IMO) Tesla will spend Billions ($3B=100k H100s)ton the near term to remain competitive.
Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 22.08.57.png

Without an obvious reason for the spike, how did ANYone read it that fast to respond? Or did this spike before released?
Or were investors really expecting a loss? WTF...

Loving it though. Made the right decision so far.

All the actual #s are awful...including -2.5B FCF.... but this is what likely spiked the stock

Tesla said:
We have updated our future vehicle line-up to accelerate the launch of new models ahead of our previously
communicated start of production in the second half of 2025.

These new vehicles, including more affordable models, will utilize aspects of the next generation platform as well as
aspects of our current platforms, and will be able to be produced on the same manufacturing lines as our current vehicle
line-up.

This update may result in achieving less cost reduction than previously expected but enables us to prudently grow our
vehicle volumes in a more capex efficient manner during uncertain times. This would help us fully utilize our current
expected maximum capacity of close to three million vehicles, enabling more than 50% growth over 2023 production
before investing in new manufacturing lines.

Our purpose-built robotaxi product will continue to pursue a revolutionary “unboxed” manufacturing strategy.

Cheaper next gen not only still happening- but sooner than expected- and using existing lines.

(though that reads a lot like it's gonna be some cut down/cheaper 3/Y-- and that unboxed is being saved for a later RT)

WOAH, lots of juicy tidbits in the PDF this quarter. Some preview shots of the ridehailing software in the Tesla app.

One thing I saw there that's both a super nice touch and obvious AF but for some reason I never thought of- just as I get to set the temp in my car when I'm getting ready to head outside so it's perfect when I get in, you'll be able to do that in the summoned ride.

What does this mean?

We have updated our future vehicle line-up to accelerate the launch of new models ahead of our previouslycommunicated start of production in the second half of 2025.These new vehicles, including more affordable models, will utilize aspects of the next generation platform as well asaspects of our current platforms, and will be able to be produced on the same manufacturing lines as our current vehicleline-up.This update may result in achieving less cost reduction than previously expected but enables us to prudently grow ourvehicle volumes in a more capex efficient manner during uncertain times. This would help us fully utilize our currentexpected maximum capacity of close to three million vehicles, enabling more than 50% growth over 2023 productionbefore investing in new manufacturing lines.Our purpose-built robotaxi product will continue to pursue a revolutionary “unboxed” manufacturing strategy

From Page 10

Reactions: kbM3