Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon has stated this many times. You know how he cut things with an hatchet: he's saying that if we continue the current energetic transition the rest will take care of itself. He doesn't like panic, nor radical environmentalism because for him it's detrimental to humanity. He thinks current trends are enough without destroying or collapsing western society.

I don't agree with him 100% (I do think things are much more urgent, if you always think in the broadest of terms you are willing to sacrifice too many lives (see occurring disasters now because of CC)) but I don't see a change in tone - maybe from 2018 Elon.
Of course, it would be better if he spoke *against* oil now and then, but he's got too much self-indulgence for this "contrarian" role he made for himself.
The problem we have here is a company where the mission is to "accelerate" the transition and the head of that company saying "moving gradually" is just fine.

If all of humanity was for this new transition, then the nuances of his posts would mean nothing. BUT, humanity has been lied to and manipulated into thinking otherwise. So his posts come off as - "see, told you, we don't have to worry". Which is BS.

Excuse me to the highlighted part? I'm dumbfounded. This goes against the mission of Tesla...looks like maybe he doesn't need his CEO package.

Umm... also, the Earth has already changed due to the amount of CO2 in the air and oceans, not sure WTF he is talking about "deep underground".

View attachment 1051585
Shortsville Times headlines: Musk all but assures there will be no competition for Tesla as he hands the media more nails.

I just opened TMC and saw a Tesla ad that said 'vote yes on proposals 3 and 4'.
I don’t think the board is worried about the EM compensation package passing again. I think they are worried that the move of incorporation to Texas won’t pass, because it needs 50% plus 1 of all shares outstanding (not just a majority of the shares voting).

I wonder if someone could buy a few shares of CALPERS and then sue them under the guise of shareholder protection to overturn the shareholders vote and then collect a 9 or 10 figure legal fee? Asking for a friend.
Longer clip. Can the board still simply just “choose” to pay Elon like she said? First I’ve heard this take.

I have a hunch Tesla's auto growth is going to stagnate for a bit while they prep for the new models to enter production. If the supplier rumors are true then a Model 2X is coming to Giga Austin by the end of 2026 and a Model 2 is coming to Giga Berlin in summer of 2027. These would likely be the new compact consumer EV's built with the unboxed process. The CyberCab is supposedly beginning production in Austin late 2025, this will be the first car using the unboxed design, but its probably a pure Robotaxi so not for consumers. THEN, it appears some cheaper versions of the 3&Y could be entering production either late this year or early next, to be built on the existing 3&Y lines. PLUS, Semi is scheduled to enter volume production in late 2025 out of Giga Nevada.

However, In the meantime it looks like production growth is being paused or even pulled back a bit. Austin and Berlin Y production seems to have stopped increasing and Shanghai 3&Y production is lowering a bit. S&X will likely stay flat but CT production is ramping.

So I think we're in a lull for a few years, but once growth starts back up it looks like its going to be major.

And this is just cars of course, Megapack is still ramping fast and who knows when Optimus will enter production, but I'd bet its only a few years away now.
Was trying to find that post. I agree with your assessment except the fact that apparently some or many in the Model 2 engineering team was let go. Unless Robotaxi team moves to the M2 project after launch.

Those are not deep underground.
There are some deeper underground, but that's what he's referring to. He said it on JRE that the CO2 deep under the permafrost is the most worrisome risk to global warming, but he also said we have smart people working on it and as long as we keep course, there's no reason to panic.

He also said we shouldn't demonize oil and gas.

Reactions: 2Pearls
I don’t think the board is worried about the EM compensation package passing again. I think they are worried that the move of incorporation to Texas won’t pass, because it needs 50% plus 1 of all shares outstanding (not just a majority of the shares voting).

Not to mention Elon and Kimball are abstaining from that vote as well as the compensation one), removing 13ish percent of shares outstanding that would otherwise be on the yes side (abstaining is a no for this purpose)

The comp vote is even weirder because there are three different standards it needs to all pass under:
Tesla proxy statement said:
(1) the affirmative vote of the holders of a majority of the total votes of shares of Tesla common stock cast in person or by proxy at the 2024 Annual Meeting on the proposal, pursuant to the rules of The Nasdaq Stock Market LLC (the “NASDAQ Standard”),

and
(2)
the affirmative vote of a majority of the voting power of the shares present in person or represented by proxy at the 2024 Annual Meeting and entitled to vote on the proposal, pursuant to Tesla’s amended and restated bylaws (the “Bylaws Standard”),

and
(3)
The affirmative vote of the holders of a majority of the total votes of shares of Tesla common stock not owned, directly or indirectly, by Mr. Musk or Kimbal Musk, cast in person or by proxy at the 2024 Annual Meeting on the proposal, pursuant to the resolutions of the Board approving the Ratification (the “Ratification Disinterested Standard”).

For this one, abstains (Kimball and Elon at least) are a NO under standard 2, but no impact either way under 1 and 3

I'm sure that Tesla employees will be happy to know that they don't need to work long hours any more because Musk says there's no need to rush on the energy transition.
Elon's words just backing up his actions. He's spent the last 2 years focused on social media, Austin Model Y production has slowed to a crawl, Shanghai Y production cut 20%, Tesla production sales and profits have leveled off the last year. It's no longer an acceleration. Elon just confirmed it

Not to mention Elon and Kimball are abstaining from that vote as well as the compensation one), removing 13ish percent of shares outstanding that would otherwise be on the yes side (abstaining is a no for this purpose)

The comp vote is even weirder because there are three different standards it needs to all pass under:

For this one, abstains (Kimball and Elon at least) are a NO under standard 2, but no impact either way under 1 and 3
Will they abstain for the Texas vote too? Why?