Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Taper", so the charger backs off controlled? I assumed it was the battery slowing things down. Still, taper wastes my time ;)
Yup. The battery is dumb, and will happily accept current until it blows itself up if supplied.

It's the car's BMS/charging system that is programmed with a curve to match what the battery chemistries can safely handle... and that BMS is what commands the Supercharger what to supply.

Encourage everyone to watch this video a couple of times and reflect on what this says about Tesla in its current state
Tesletter on Twitter

Apple and Amazon were both chastised constantly during their times. The bashing on Apple store was also a consistent thing. Educate the press you can and keep you eye on the goal. Notice who SJ also didn’t mention using Twitter? Maybe because it was available yet..

Reactions: SPadival
Nice french article about the Futur of Tesla going to be top number one !

Comment Tesla pourrait devenir leader mondial de l’automobile en 10 ans | Contrepoints

From the new article: (with link to the original source article)

Let me mention this alarm call from German engineer Alex Voigt dated Sep 2018:

It is time to recognize that none of the German manufacturers are in a position to compete with Tesla, electric or not, that take the vehicles in production or developing to date, nor BMW, or Daimler, nor Porsche, nor Volkswagen, nor Audi. If such a car existed, we would have seen it, at least as a prototype.​

Congrats @avoigt the high-level analysis in your article 8 months ago continues to influence discussion of the future of the auto industry over the next 10 years. Well done!

I recommend reading this new article in full (here is an english translation).

Cheers!

P.S. We are blessed here at TMC with many top-level influencers, the above is just a single example of many that occur here on a daily basis. Thanks to all who contribute.

I think the best reply is that he was paid not by extracting cash from the company, but was paid in Tesla stock, and that he promised to not sell his stock but use it to improve our civilization and is keeping his promise: Elon Musk has not personally sold Tesla stock yet in any significant quantities, ever.

So this does not enrich Elon Musk but is benefiting the planet.
Can someone give an explanation of where the figure 2.3B comes from? This smells like another media smear based on some twisted logic.

Haha I get it.
Fred said the text reads “surprise is coming” which is completely incorrect.
The text is “蓄势,待发 2019.05.31 敬请期待”。
Now you can copy and paste in google translate and see what it means, which won’t be as far off as Fred.

My translation is “Spring loaded, about to release. Hold my beer.”

Where more literal translation is “Gaining potential, ready to start. Please look forward.”
Maybe they build a secret tent in Shanghai and the factory was just a distraction. Ready to pump out cars next week

Encourage everyone to watch this video a couple of times and reflect on what this says about Tesla in its current state
Tesletter on Twitter

Thank you much for this one, @Navin!

Jobs makes a very important point about the perceptual time lag of the press. They are still looking where Tesla was.

It's interesting to consider that the slower a company is moving the smaller the difference in perception between where a company was, is, and will be. However, most will not factor this into their assessments based on press reportage.

FWIW, I think of Tesla as progressing at somewhat slower than "Internet speed," which is to say at an incredibly fast pace for a manufacturer of durable goods.

The legacy OEM's have been moving forward in "Automotive Time": Their pace is, ah, funereal. ;)

Tesla is not instituting this policy everywhere.

Most are likely in California, Norway and Chinese cities.

In other words, very busy supercharger stations.
Challenge your energy company. They should serve you also away from home. It's business, right?
Silly to try and rely on your car maker for gas. Heck, even Tesla calls itself an energy company.

• Love
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
why didn't Musk contact directly the Government Pension Fund of Norway (worth 1 trillion dollars) and negotiated/convinced them to buy a share of Tesla?
Norwegian soverign wealth fund already holds millions of shares of TSLA. Do you need a link, or can you find this information on your own?

Indeed, the Government of Norway passed a special law last year allowing the Fund to remain as shareholders in the event that Tesla went private, a situation where the Fund would not normally be allowed to hold shares.

Norway is "all in" on Tesla, and electrification as a whole. Where they are leading , Europe will follow.

Cheers!

I’m assuming you meant aren’t just flat out lying. It’s a debate between a bull and bear. The she-bear was clearly full of bull. Frustrating to watch, but clearly shows how weak the bear case is.

Yes. With no teleprompter, put that airhead up against Cathie Wood or Tasha Keeney. Wouldn’t last 5 mins.

Musk just retweeted an article that says the new Raven suspension uses Maxwell ultracapacitors! I saw somebody comment on this already in the thread linked below, but just thought I'd mention it here too, as it should have some financial implications for the recent takeover of Maxwell - e.g. they probably won't be looking to spin off the Ultracapacitor division (which was raised here as a possibility) and this should help to mitigate some of Maxwell's losses right away, even before the battery technology is in production.
Refreshed "Raven" Model S/X Suspension using Maxwell ultra capacitor?

actually hope Elon tweets about it tonight so it can help catch short sellers off guard. Why give them a chance and runway to cover?
Don't worry about day traders who sell short exactly half of the time.
Worry about institutional investers who are sick to their stomach over Tesla and even losing their job over recommending/buying it. They were selling. Employees such as Kimbal were selling.
It's a ba stock to own right now, it doesn't look like it's properly bottomed yet. Smart money got out a while ago.