Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone dumped 413k shares at 10:01. SP hardly budged ...
It dropped nearly a dollar for that minute or two. So that's $413k it cost someone(s) to sell stupidly. Or intentionally trying to trigger the MMD.

Well, that's interesting! While I was typing the above, Yahoo Finance redrew/rescaled the bottom of the stock chart and that huge spike disappeared! It also doesn't make sense, because now the volume histogram shows green even though the bar chart clearly still shows the sudden drop. Something is fishy. Another sudden price drop just now (10:20 EDT).

Edit: And now (10:22), the spike is showing again, but it's green, not red. WTF?

It dropped nearly a dollar for that minute or two. So that's $413k it cost someone(s) to sell stupidly. Or intentionally trying to trigger the MMD.

Well, that's interesting! While I was typing the above, Yahoo Finance redrew/rescaled the bottom of the stock chart and that huge spike disappeared! It also doesn't make sense, because now the volume histogram shows green even though the bar chart clearly still shows the sudden drop. Something is fishy. Another sudden price drop just now (10:20 EDT).

Edit: And now (10:22), the spike is showing again, but it's green, not red. WTF?

Yahoo Finance stock chart is super unreliable for TSLA, frequent volume glitches, sometimes even price glitches of a $0 print.

Don't focus on mph for charging speed. Focus on KWh. Higher the KWh the better. A model LR, SR and an X are all charging at the same speed when they are charging at the same kWh, although they may show different mph.
MPH is what matters to a driver mid trip.
KWh is fixed based on your car (other than SW locked packs)
KW (no h) matters to power converters, connectors, and cables (assuming the same voltage).
Amps matters to above if voltage is not constant.
KW/KWh matters to cell charge rates.

IMHO twitter is, like most things, what you make of it.... on average yes it’s a cesspool of all sorts of things a lot of them turbid and nasty... there are some hangouts that reward honesty, openness and clever thinking, but those take some effort to sort out and become part of... I’m not advising one to spend enough time to sort it out, but if one was inclined, it’s there..... there some niche groups (fintwit is an example) where good market predictions are rewarded and quacks are alienated, and that’s a fun place to be.

EM, Donald Trump and many others with huge followings don’t go fo selective hangouts but more for playing with the masses and yes it’s a nasty game to play. If one wanted to broadcast to the masses (again IMHO) one has to be very careful who, and how, they engage with knowing that a big part of the audience is an enemy and has clever ways of working against ya.... deep dark hole

Ya you have to l9ok at it as a channel to maneuver your enemies. Assuming most if them as enemies.

With a step into China now, Elon's candidness on twitter is even more worriesone as he risks bumping into Chinese "face". It's an intricate world that sometimes catches ppl off guard.

Take tge ubs Chinese pig comment. He coukd've avoided the whole problem by saying "pig in China"

Reactions: wnorris
Don't focus on mph for charging speed. Focus on KWh. Higher the KWh the better. A model LR, SR and an X are all charging at the same speed when they are charging at the same kWh, although they may show different mph.

Tesla should focus on mph for charging and spread the message accordingly. This is the most important factor that matters regarding charging speed.

Tesla should focus on mph for charging and spread the message accordingly. This is the most important factor that matters regarding charging speed.
The problem is that the mph is averaged over the entire charge time, while kWh is what's happening at the time. So kWh is really the more informative measurement.

OC ;)
33nubw.jpg

Yahoo Finance stock chart is super unreliable for TSLA, frequent volume glitches, sometimes even price glitches of a $0 print.
I have had it with Yahoo Finance. IMO, 90% of their lack of reliability is due to incompetence. The other 10% is due to fudging when they feel it necessary or are otherwise disposed to misrepresent facts. Anybody got an alternative financial site to use? Please?

• Love
Reactions: neroden
The problem is that the mph is averaged over the entire charge time, while kWh is what's happening at the time. So kWh is really the more informative measurement.

Is it? I always see direct correlation between kW/h and m/h on the screen while charging.

m/h charging is so much easier to understand for average user. It answers a simple question - after charging for an hour how far will I be able to go?

kW/h only answers that if you're a power user, really.

The upper bollinger band stands at 224.8 right now, which normally will provide some resistance until the band itself resumes climbing faster than the SP is climbing. I suspect we're seeing more longs jumping in because Monday morning open is a popular time for small investors to buy into TSLA following a weekend of looking at the possibilities. Often the first hour is the amateur hour and we see a dip afterwards, but TSLA is showing real strength today. Maybe a small bounce off the upper bb and then we resume climbing this week.

My hope is that this show of strength will scare some shorts into covering and the headwind of the past month+ starts turning into a tailwind.

Charging MPH reflects vehicle efficiency as well as instantaneous energy reception. It is therefore the best way to talk about changing. Etron has been misleadingly advertising their kw rate but their MPH is low due to poor driving efficiency.
But you're not driving when you're charging. Driving efficiency has no bearing on charging.

But you're not driving when you're charging. Driving efficiency has no bearing on charging.

When on a trip, you are charging in order to be able to drive. MPH is the only meaningful charge metric relative to trip charging when comparing vehicles. I don't care in the least whether other vehicle X charges at a higher power rate than my vehicle for the purpose of comparing charge speed--I care how long I need to charge in my Tesla vs in the other car I'm considering.

And when comparing how long I need to charge, I'm going to calculate how long I need to charge in order to make the next leg of the trip--in other words, how long to gain a certain number of miles.

What was the topic?

Small squeeze and this? The temptation was to sell a little thinking the drop is following. Then I waited another 30 min, and still rising on NO NEWS?

What, this is all about Bollinger Bands today? Weren't they there last week too?

I think reality is sinking in and Q2 numbers soon-ish? Other theories?