Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought it was funny when CNBC had an analyst compare Elon Musk to Tucker and how he dreams of making the perfect car but doesn’t succeed. The poor host said “didn’t Tucker only make 50 cars?” And the guy says “well that’s my point”

Luckily the guy across from him mentioned that Elon has gone further than anyone else and is well above 50 cars lol

I agree with most points, but not the last about more influence in the media today. Journalism has always had its share of play to pay, and incumbents have always had a strong influence on the media beyond that. At least now, the Internet can call out publications that go too far.

No question about the extent of attacks on Tesla. When so much firepower is directed against them, a stubbed toe for any other company becomes sepsis for Tesla, or so it’s perceived. It doesn’t help that Tesla has a habit of stubbing their toes.

I wrote greatly intensified, perhaps to your point I could have left it at intensified... but I’m not convinced of this. Yes, there’s always been utter nonsense, but, in the past their were a number of outlets that had at least some practicing journalism on staff. They are pretty much being stamped out and ‘smeared.’

Again, I recommend this read, particularly to @ZachShahan

It’s by a Pulitzer Prize winner who has been inside the likes of the NY Times in the past.

The Day That TV News Died | BillMoyers.com

It's very possible that the shorts are feeding articles to the as described by Cramer. The journalists SEC may not realize the inaccuracies and they are mostly interested in timely shocking news that will generate clicks. After a while they might even develop a symbiotic relationship like Russ and Mark Spiegel.

I definitely believe that. I think it's subtle/scattered enough that the journalists SEC think they are figuring things out.

And that's also why I clarify with the term "direct corruption," because I do think this indirect corruption is at play.

Useful idiots.

FTFY.

That gives me an idea for a new product, an intestinal bacteria culture that reduces the carbon footprint of an individual.
There is actually quite a bit of research going on right now looking at the composition of people's gut bacteria and their physical and mental health. Overweight people have different bacteria levels than fit people and early evidence suggests your gut biome can have a profound impact on mental illness. It is already believed that having high levels of candidia (yeast) in your intensities can make you crave sugar (which is what our yeasty friends like to eat).

Does this mean something different in American English vs. British English? chat up (phrasal verb) definition and synonyms | Macmillan Dictionary
We usually don't use it to mean "attempt to get a date with". ;) The equivalent would be "hit on" I'd say.

The company that is #1 in luxury car sales is poised for growth, has yet to begin production of its small SUV or pickup (BY FAR the largest segment in the industry is light trucks & SUVs), and they're projecting they'll be a niche player.

That's some amazing logic right there.
What? Sells more cars than BMW, Audi, and Mercedes combined in the US market? Yup, niche all the way.

Reducing production and growth in Europe is certainly a valid way to reduce CO₂ emissions penalties. :D
That's literally why GM decided to sell its Opel Division, and to leave Europe entirely. They know they can't compete, whereas in the U.S. they have substantial influence over CO2 emissions regulations / carbon pricing (ie: the expectation they can *deal* with the problem):

Dietz, Thomas, et al. "Political influences on greenhouse gas emissions from US states." Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 112.27 (2015): 8254-8259.

Credit Suisse said Tesla is likely to “settle as a niche automaker.”

I LIKE that analysts are saying Tesla will become a niche automaker.

This gives Musk all the incentive he needs to work even harder at becoming the biggest, most successful auto manufacturer on the face of the earth just to prove them wrong.

Norway breakdown

upload_2019-6-27_9-45-36.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-6-27_9-45-0.png
    upload_2019-6-27_9-45-0.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 38
I LIKE that analysts are saying Tesla will become a niche automaker.

This gives Musk all the incentive he needs to work even harder at becoming the biggest, most successful auto manufacturer on the face of the earth just to prove them wrong.
Analyst should be more worried that Tesla will run a monopoly than become a niche. They have the charging stations, they build the cars, they do the software, they want to make their own batteries. If other manufactures are struggling to find batteries for their EV’s then you can see how Tesla could quickly dominate the industry. They already sell the most affordable and high quality ev.
Not to mention if they get their solar builds going, plus FSD. Too much upside on the horizon for Tesla to be a niche.

The Atlantic had an article on EV's today. It would be nice if they would work with people like Zach and publications focused on EV's and sustainable energy. The article is a great example of a fair report that will make many Forum members blood boil. The article is focused on people to whom EV is a newish concept and providing remedial information. People who are "in the club" will have more insight, but this will seem like a balanced report about the decision between a blackberry and an iphone.
I do think these articles are great, as they raise awareness and make the EV choice more obvious over time. As people do their own research, they will generally choose Tesla due to technical capabilities and pricing. Some people may choose a Leaf or Ioniq or have some brand affiliation, but Tesla will win more times than not, based on capabilities.

Electric Cars Still Face a Major Roadblock

Unless it's Tesla.

(I suspect it's actually, growth companies doing huge layoffs are potentially slowing growth, established companies doing huge layoffs are cutting fat. )
True, unless it's Tesla.
Companies lay off people so they can hire cheaper inexperienced people to do the same job. Of course, this means that when things go wrong, support isn't there.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Sells more cars than BMW, Audi, and Mercedes combined in the US market? Yup, niche all the way.

I agree with Tesla not being niche.

But.....

Tesla does not sell more than the three German brands COMBINED. BMW alone sold 50% more than Tesla in 2018. Though, if EM follows through on his word, Tesla will outsell just one of these three brands this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Electroman