Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not in the drivers seat, but apparently in the back.

View attachment 428806
I think you are mistaking the back right passenger seat for the driver seat (view angle means it is not the center seat).
Here you can just see the driver's sunglasses glint, apparently wearing black.
semi-driving.PNG

On Leaf packs that have an appalling degradations history too :eek:
Better to burn out than fade away...

I think you are mistaking the back right passenger seat for the driver seat (view angle means it is not the center seat).
Here you can just see the driver's sunglasses glint, apparently wearing black.
View attachment 428813

Better to burn out than fade away...
The orange is the rear view mirror object warning. There’s no one in the driver seat. I’d guess they are working on some routes for the semi.

OT
The orange is the rear view mirror object warning. There’s no one in the driver seat. I’d guess they are working on some routes for the semi.

Yeah I know that. The image is taken on a 50ish degree angle so the seat seen through the steering wheel cannot be the driver's seat.
The cab has a center driver's seat and offset rear seat on the right. If the person were in the back left seat, they would be more occluded.
semi-driving_annotated.png

Edit: closer shot:
semi-driving-2-annotated.png

Last edited:
Daimler's stock is at 6Y low, while BMW's is slightly (3-4%) above the 6Y low.

What happens when Tesla builds the European Giga?
These companies will be forced to start producing EV's at a massive losses with no battery Gigafactory, writing down massive losses on ICE factories and Inventories, much higher funding costs, CO2 penalties kicking in, talented engineers fleeing to Tesla.

They are already losing the foreign brand prestige in the largest two automarkets China & US.

It's really Innovator's dilemma. Either you innovate at much higher costs, cannibalize you're own cheaper cars or you die.
We've seen it happen before with Nokia & Blackberry vs. Apple & Samsung.

If it wasn't for the 41 mln shorted shares, the manipulative banks and MSM, the disruption that is happening in plain sight would've been obvious to everyone.

These companies will be forced to start producing EV's at a massive losses with no battery Gigafactory, writing down massive losses on ICE factories and Inventories, much higher funding costs, CO2 penalties kicking in, talented engineers fleeing to Tesla.

They are already losing the foreign brand prestige in the largest two automarkets China & US.

It's really Innovator's dilemma. Either you innovate at much higher costs, cannibalize you're own cheaper cars or you die.

If it wasn't for the 41 mln shorted shares, the manipulative banks and MSM, the disruption that is happening in plain sight would've been obvious to everyone.

TSLA shorters would be better off shorting companies like BMW, Daimler, and Toyota. BMW actually has a decent chance of going to 0 in the next 5-10 years imo.

I doubt it will be as gory as that. In the US and Canada,GM, Ford and Chrysler/Mercedes will just get the taxpayers to pay for all new factories. BMW Mercedes and Audi will do the same in Europe. It will be expensive for tax payers but big goverment is not about to let any of the legacy auto makers go broke.

“The collaboration could accelerate the deployment timetables of both carmakers, which have said they plan to put autonomous vehicles into operation in 2021.”

Why do VW and Ford not get called out on “ridiculous timeline”, like Tesla?
They advertise.

“The collaboration could accelerate the deployment timetables of both carmakers, which have said they plan to put autonomous vehicles into operation in 2021.”

Why do VW and Ford not get called out on “ridiculous timeline”, like Tesla?

Maybe because their plan is just for a couple of hundred fugly LIDAR-mobiles in in small geo-fenced area.

I have no idea, I'm not really interested to even read about it, they're 10 years behind Tesla, it's total nonsense.

Regarding Elon managing expectations better : several people have commented that assumes Elon is stupid and doesn't know that. I think managing Wall Street expectations is a skill, not a measure of intelligence. Some people/companies are better at it than others. Apple is an example that manages it well - they always seem to beat expectations. That's not because they are always getting lucky.

Last edited:
OT: TSLA price action:

Just broke $243, bullish AF price action in the first 20 minutes of trading, with barely any pullback and good volume.
I always find it funny how badly some stock market articles age even within the trading day. The current top TSLA headline on my stock app`s news section reads: "Tesla Stock Deliveries Rally Fizzles, Now What?".

Or another theory: Since Tesla redesigns things a lot, they could easily just have a new board rev that now requires an extra relay versus the old board. I mean, its a $1 - $5 part probably. As I said before, this is meaningless data unless you have a whole bunch more information.

I do board layout and most board spins aren't to add very pricey parts after the fact, certainly nothing that would get mentioned in the media..

BIG volume 560k shares transaction visible on the Yahoo Finance chart - price spiked some more a few minutes later.

Mistake in the Yahoo chart, or big accumulator took out sell spoofing short's limit order?

Edit: that volume bar got removed meanwhile, so only a glitch in the Matrix. ;)

Edit #2: it's back and appears to be real.

Last edited: