Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really odd stock movement today and without any doubt manipulation on a high level. The more important questions is if this was wasted money as more people realize numbers are indeed without a doubt positive and we may see more buying pressure tomorrow. Don't exclude them to through all in tomorrow to control the move as since a while I believe this is not just hedge funds and shorts but oil&gas funds.

To answer my own question from yesterday, its been wasted money.

In celebration of the Q3 surge to $TSLA, I've updated my chart of market capitalization of all the major auto manufacturers. Tesla ($58.3B) is back up to fourth most valuable auto manufacturer in the world. They just re-passed GM, Honda and BMW.

Over the last 3 years, Tesla's market cap has grown 17.3% / year - best in industry by far. Toyota, VW, and GM have also grown, but the rest are sinking. Surely the companies' individual values are partly a reflection of their respective electrification strategies, no?

upload_2019-10-25_14-42-17-png.469965

I'd honestly forgotten what it was like to have these kinds of runs.

Seriously, the past year has been such a strange year. Not only for the stock, but for the company as well. A huge span of time where there wasn't anything new in terms of announcements or positive surprises. The Model Y reveal was intentionally downplayed. Now we're on the cusp of cyber truck reveal, giga 3 operational, early model y volume production, mega pack selling this quarter, and this new solar announcement. So much going on now. Feels the same way with the stock action