Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm aware that correlation does not imply causation, but it does make me feel all warm & fuzzy when Elon tweets about Solar+Powerwall price drops (for power outage affected customers) and the stock price goes up! It's like the market gets it, or something...
Twitter
And then he tweets ...

We don’t make much money on this product, so $1000 actually means a lot​

• Funny
Reactions: anthonyj
Since my tweets are notoriously pro-Tesla I conclude from this and similar anecdotes that short sellers maintain a list of Twitter accounts to block, to filter out pro-Tesla opinions from short sellers who can somehow subscribe to this list of accounts to block

You want to know the moment you were added to the block list? Find a comment replying to you and tagging “Paul91701736” aka MachinePlanet. That mechanism is how a TSLA Bull gets their,uh, block. I guess the tweet would be hidden to you now though.
I need to try harder, as I’m still not blocked!?!

I like how she implies that the Think Computer Foundation and Plainsite are two separate entities investigating Tesla. She knows full well that Plainsite is owned by the Think Computer Foundation.
aka Aaron Greenspan aka Tesla short who is using them to attack pro Tesla supporters and further his financial interests. Of course it would be too ethical for Tesla media coverage to include full disclosure.

There was some chatter on social media about it being some sort of charity scam as well. Apparently people like Russ Mitchell and the shorts were donating to it.

Last edited:
His thesis is based on Tesla being the first mover in the electric car market. *cough* GM *cough* EV1
We need to go back much further in time for the real first movers History of the electric vehicle - Wikipedia
this guy McBride is a joke ...
he does not understand that Tesla is not a car company at least not in the traditional sense ... just to remind myself because i keep forgetting this critical point
Tesla’s mission is to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.

• Informative
Reactions: madodel and wipster
Sales force AND new buyers for TSLA. So many owners I know got into TSLA after taking delivery. Granted that isn't a lot of money, but it is an upward pressure.
Yup I was debating for years ... once I had my model S it became crystal clear.... and have been adding to my long position ever since

I like how she implies that the Think Computer Foundation and Plainsite are two separate entities investigating Tesla. She knows full well that Plainsite is owned by the Think Computer Foundation.

Yep, she either doesn't know or wants to avoid clouding her narrative and makes it sound like Think Computer Foundation is just another investor involved in the lawsuit... Another example demonstrating the symbiotic relationship between these (shorts) and their journalist hosts. They feed them sensational stories, which they can publish without having to do their own investigative work.

Yup I was debating for years ... once I had my model S it became crystal clear.... and have been adding to my long position ever since

Well you have to buy the stock for the following reasons.

1. It motivates you to beta test for Tesla's autonomous system so your investment shoots to the moon.
2. It keeps the company alive so you can claim the duration of that warranty

GM, Toyota, Fiat Chrysler back Trump on California emissions challenge

GM says they're going all electric, but If their EV production ramped at even a moderate pace they wouldn't need to worry about emission standards. Liars. They want to just keep selling their disgusting gas cars for as long as possible.

This is why I get angry when I see people buying EVs from legacy automakers and Tesla owners saying we’re all on the same side. The truth is we’re not. Nobody here should be applauding any money going to these companies, even if it’s for an EV. The truth is it just helps them prop up their ICE business. So no, I’m not happy when I see a bolt, leaf, i3 on the road.....

The Boring Company did not reinforce the Hawthorne tunnel with steel before abandoning it, Are they reinforcing the Las Vegas people mover, Loop to O'Hare, or DC to NYC tunnels?

Not going to be building the Loop to O'Hare here in Chicago. New mayor, etc.. they are basically shut down.

This is why I get angry when I see people buying EVs from legacy automakers and Tesla owners saying we’re all on the same side. The truth is we’re not. Nobody here should be applauding any money going to these companies, even if it’s for an EV. The truth is it just helps them prop up their ICE business. So no, I’m not happy when I see a bolt, leaf, i3 on the road.....

Those cars you listed were designed specifically to make EVs look undesirable. They're three of the ugliest cars ever made, and it's no coincidence.

Those cars you listed were designed specifically to make EVs look undesirable. They're three of the ugliest cars ever made, and it's no coincidence.

From my perspective, any EV purchased means one less ICE purchased. As a TSLA investor would I like them to be all Teslas...sure...but it is impossible and the mission statement is to transition us to renewable energy transportation. It does not say by Tesla alone.

You want to know the moment you were added to the block list? Find a comment replying to you and tagging “Paul91701736” aka MachinePlanet. That mechanism is how a TSLA Bull gets their,uh, block. I guess the tweet would be hidden to you now though.
I need to try harder, as I’m still not blocked!?!

Indeed.

Apparently, the below was enough to get blocked by the TSLA bashers. This provides an interesting insight into what accounts are connected to this activity - and what mental jumps they go through to keep their image of TSLAQ intact.

twtr_blocker.png

From my perspective, any EV purchased means one less ICE purchased. As a TSLA investor would I like them to be all Teslas...sure...but it is impossible and the mission statement is to transition us to renewable energy transportation. It does not say by Tesla alone.

Supporting legacy ICE makers who are not serious about EVs only makes things worse. I do fully support Rivian, Bollinger...etc though.

My tweet on the media self-censorship on anything that helps Elon & Tesla

S Padival on Twitter

“I will make the divers suffer for leaving us out of the loop” - Vern Unsworth

Did you notice how the “journalists” like Dana ignore the bombshell above while writing their $TSLA hit pieces?

No wonder Trump gets away with #FakeNewsMedia‍♂️

Note that Vern is not a cave diver though the media frequently misreports him as a diver. He never risked his life during the rescue while the actual divers did. So while he is not a “pedo guy”, it turns out he is piece of work after all.

upload_2019-10-29_14-7-29.jpeg

Supporting legacy ICE makers who are not serious about EVs only makes things worse. I do fully support Rivian, Bollinger...etc though.
The EV products of these legacy carmakers are so far behind Tesla in quality and technology that they're forced to price them below cost of manufacture. That's a double positive IMO.

It's like people complaining that China is subsidizing solar manufacturers. From my perspective that's just a free discount for homeowners in the US.