Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I may not have the Cybertruck. But my wife got me this very cool owl candle.

Attachments

• Cybercandle.jpg
    Cybercandle.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 73
Mine was at 1:37pm EST 11/23. This would be two hours later. Reservation number in sig. I don't think there's any convincing evidence though that they are sequential.
Considering how close we are in figuring out the number based on RN, most definitely there is convincing evidence RN is sequential.

And there is much data to say they are not.
From the days of the 3:
Reservation Numbers: How to read where you are in the queue.
Having worked in IT for a decade - I can tell you no software in IT remains unchanged for that long.

This tweet is from a few hours ago. @AlterViggo tracking RN over time.

Alter Viggo on Twitter
EKINPXqWoAA6MwA.jpg

I really don't think they set out to build an armoured vehicle. They set out to re-design the car manufacturing process from the bottom up to save capex and COGs.

No, they set out to build a "tough" electric truck that isn't fake "Ford tough" that doesn't have a base price of $70k or higher.

Tesla needed something that can overcome billions in propaganda without spending billions in propaganda.

Semi professional fleet customers are unconvinced by billions of dollars of Detroit propaganda and Country music. They look at spreadsheets.

Yeah, Cybertruck numbers are much more sequential that 3's were. Maybe they stopped obfuscating. Or they are randomized but dense (as opposed to VINs which seem to have 20% surplus).
It is just a likely that the RNs are indeed sequential - and Musk gave a deduped number.

It is far easier to create a running series as the primary key of a table that is guaranteed to be unique.

While it is true that the F-117 was covered with radar absorbing paint (a metallic rubber compound AFAIK), the sharp angles and flat surfaces were also reflecting away radar pulses that made it through the radar absorbing paint.

Flat, polished metal surfaces will mirror photons that have a wavelength smaller than the surface, like they do in visible wavelengths:

reducing the radar signature.

Most airplanes have round surfaces facing the airstream:

Those round, flat metallic surfaces of the wings and nose of commercial aircraft will reflect radar pulses right back at the radar station or attacking/defending aircraft that is sending them.

The F-117 reflects most of these photons up or down, due to the flat mirror effect:

A third radar signature concern for stealth aircraft is "edge diffraction" of the trailing/flap side of the wing (cm wavelength radar photons can only be reflected imperfectly and their wave nature creates diffraction), which the F-117 solved via the characteristic zig-zag pattern:

So with all that in mind, here's my estimate of the Cybertruck's radar signature:
  • Flat angled nose and hood will reflect away radar and reduce radar signature.
  • Sharp edges perpendicular to the airflow will increase forward radar signature.
TLDR: While I'd expect the Cybertuck have a lower radar signature than similarly sized conventional trucks, the SpaceX Options Package or the Aquatic Options Package will be essential to reliably ... skip over radar traps.

Are you saying that the Easter egg to the cybertruck is that it’s undetectable by radar, which equates to less tickets for speeding moms rushing to pick up their kids at school in their new truck?

• Love
Reactions: ClimateOptimst
It is just a likely that the RNs are indeed sequential - and Musk gave a deduped number.

It is far easier to create a running series as the primary key of a table that is guaranteed to be unique.

True, true. Current data does look sequential. Although, pure sequential is slightly less easy if you have a distributed database. Then you need to batch release subranges or add a source ID.

Alright, I have ordered the ATV.

RN112956337
View attachment 480820
Reminds me of my daughter's, father in law who bought a $30,000 boat which came with a really nice Yeti cooler. The joke was he bought a $30,000 cooler and it came with a free boat.
Buy a $50,000 Tesla Electric ATV and it comes with it's own Cybertruck shuttle.

Tim Dodd aka Every Day Astronaut is absolutely brilliant and one of my favorite Youtubers. Unfortunately, it seems even he missed the advantages of Cybertruck. The 3 in this video (Ben Sullins (no respect), Joe Scott (medium high respect) and Tim) all missed the Cybertruck’s advantages. They could only talk about how if only Tesla didn’t have a tapered rear or the triangular shape, they could have upended the Pickup industry. Tim did point out the triangle might give chassis stiffness advantages, but then seemed to think it not worth it, because looks.

Last edited:
True, true. Current data does look sequential. Although, pure sequential is slightly less easy if you have a distributed database. Then you need to batch release subranges or add a source ID.
I don't want to take this off topic - but for a small order management system you don't need distributed db. In anycase, there is zero reason for Tesla IT to be managing such things rather than taking advantage of OOB features in leading RDBMS.

Tim Dodd aka Every Day Astronaut is absolutely brilliant and one of my favorite Youtubers. Unfortunately, it seems even he missed the advantages of Cybertruck. The 3 in this video (Ben Sullins (no respect), Joe Scott (medium high respect) and Tim) all missed the Cybertruck’s advantages. They could only talk about how if only Tesla didn’t have a tapered rear or the triangular shape, they could have upended the Pickup industry. Tim did point out the triangle might give chassis stiffness advantages, but then seemed to think it not worth it, because looks.
The cybertruck is not for everyone. Ask your doctor if the cybertruck is right for you.