Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems like the same scenario I’ve seen over and over again with Tesla and the legacy financial media. YouTubers are trending and getting millions of views and hundreds of thousands of likes for positive reviews of the Cybertruck right now while legacy media gets a fraction of that reaction from its audience and saying Cybertruck windows suck and the truck is niche.

It’s legacy media versus independent YouTube stars just like it has been for years with Tesla and the overwhelming interest and positive response is coming through the YouTube audience and we know the prior results on sales that has seemingly brought compared to legacy traction.

Once again, Cybertruck youtube influencer reaction is supporting the evidence that legacy has limited influence or audience among consumers.

With such lack of viability, it makes you wonder how they keep getting finance to run their operations or how marketing departments think they are getting real value out of ad buys... I think there can’t be much more runway for this legacy bubble to continue the masquerade as a sustainable business.
Love it.

MSM desperately tried to pump up iPace and e-tron and that is getting the sales nowhere. Look at the shameless pump by Edmunds for anything non-Tesla and constantly taking a dig at Tesla. At most gets a 100 likes and the comments are hilarious.

Surprisingly the broken window did not go as viral as I thought. I thought MSM Short pimps would be pumping out hate articles by the minute, and going wild in Twitter.

If this is accurate … with 146k 12:30 pm PST on 11/23/19 as the base .... it will take a long time to reach 200k @ 1,400/day.

This is true. However, I'm sure the rate differs throughout the day. Hard to know how much you could extrapolate off a Sunday morning.

EDIT: We could get a more accurate number if we have elasalle's time stamp on the email as opposed to a rough guess based on posting times.

That's it! I WANT that ATV, if I have to buy a truck with it, so be it!

Alright, I have ordered the ATV.

RN112956337
cybertruck_order.png

@elonmusk: 146k Cybertruck orders so far, with 42% choosing dual, 41% tri & 17% single motor

m.twitter.com/elonmusk

This will accelerate as people come around after the initial shock and realise that it's an awesome deal.

Plus lots of others ordering will persuade people that they're not crazy to order it.

This truck's going to be a massive seller - Wall Street haven't got a clue. Tesla are dictating the narrative now.

Based on your reservation and mine, they're averaging roughly an order per minute.

Sorry, but that is completely off. They are still receiving several thousand orders per hour (so about 1 per second, not per minute), as can be seen from the trend in order numbers that get posted regularly here and on twitter. You cannot pick two posts with order numbers and assume that the time between posting equals the time between ordering.

When Elon posted they had received 146k orders we were at RN xxx910000, which was 170k more than when the order page went live. So there were approx. 25k double orders. We are now at RN xxx955000, so 45k more in 20 hours. As there will be no more doubles we should be at 190k now. It could be even more if Elon had to run his tweet by legal first, which could have delayed it a bit.

Last edited:
I keep seeing discussions of military/combat uses for the CT. I can't figure how one would "refuel" an electric vehicle in combat. One can't just roll a Supercharger to the front lines. How might that work?
In tactical operations it’s assault and support, block and tackle and a whole lot of coordination of those units involved, nothing like what you see in the movies. Refueling happens at planned locations away from the “front line” and once an objective is secured, an appropriate supply node is established if determined necessary to achieve the next objective, whether tactical, operational, or strategic in nature.

Logistical support is the backbone of all military operations, friendly and foe. You can’t fight without beans, bullets, medical supplies, fuel, parts, maintenance, etc... It must be secure and available in a secure environment. It takes time to refuel a tank or truck as well. This is the same situation for the “enemy” as well.

So all military forces (including irregular) have techniques, tactics, and procedures to execute these operations. Extensive training, planning, and preparation occurs to execute these ttps.

To counter the opposition forces, whom all military forces believe require conventional fuel and conventional bullets and weaponry, aim significant planning and design to destroying or disrupting that conventional logistical support. If the bad guys can’t get gas/diesel they can’t move on land, air, or sea.

Now if you are planning to fight a force that is gas/diesel based, but the reality it’s primarily electric force which a completely different way of fighting and resupply, you find yourself at a significant disadvantage not only at a tactical level but on the scale of national security and strategy, strategic resource planning and otherwise.

Whole nation states and regions are defined by fossil fuel availability and utilization as a vital global economic resource. Complete grand strategies are build on the geopolitical importance of old and gas. It is almost unimaginable the impact of a non fossil fuel national economy and military force emerging in the future which is why impact of the acceleration electrifying transport has such widespread implications for the global economy and structure as we have known it.

That acceleration will only “gain momentum” as military advantage is seen thru electrification of the force, and starting with a vehicle like the Cybertruck and energy production and delivery tech such as solar and energy storage. (Not to mention spin off/synergistic applications from the development such as new weaponry of this at scale). The global competition to “get there first” (or an electrication “arms race”) would require a new “grand strategy” as well as national security policy to meet this new challenge before others do.

As Elon continues to announce further tech developments beyond current militiary capabilities or application, along with Tesla and spacex current scaling this new tech globally, there are real conversations happening.

It is only natural that we as investors/owners of the company explore the implications as Tesla could be at or near the center of rapidly developing bifurcation in strategic policy. The financial benefits as well as larger scale consequences.

Sorry, but that is completely off. They are still receiving several thousand orders per hour (so about 1 per second, not per minute), as can be seen from the RNs that get posted regularly here and on twitter. You cannot pick two posts with order numbers and assume that the time between posting equals the time between ordering.

Correct, see above.

If this is accurate … with 146k 12:30 pm PST on 11/23/19 as the base .... it will take a long time to reach 200k @ 1,400/day.

Anyone has a RN roughly to when Musk tweeted ?
Mine was at 1:37pm EST 11/23. This would be two hours later. Reservation number in sig. I don't think there's any convincing evidence though that they are sequential.

I don't see the 146k reservation tally as that great. For context, the Model 3 was at 276k pre-orders after 2 days. The Cybertruck isn't quite at 2 days yet but is at 146k through 1.7 days, so it likely to be around 160k at that point. So it's on track for about 60% as many reservations despite being in a much larger niche with a much smaller down payment.

Given that the pickup niche is 2-3x that of a compact sedan, I think 500 - 700k reservation would indicate similar popularity (2-3x * 276k), but then the downpayment is much smaller now. Since $100 is much easier to part with, I think roughly 1 million reservations at this point would indicate similar reception. So arguably reception is only 15% as good as the Model 3.

I think Tesla could improve that with some moderate changes to the design. Some tweaks to the rear flanks and adding side windows into the vault (to give it more of a pickup silhouette without actually having one) could do a lot to break up the very blunt rear half in the side profile.

Sedan demand world-wide is higher than truck demand. In any case, people are still processing it, then they'll order.

The final product will be better - Tesla is pretty much the only manufacturer whose productions vehicles are better than the reveals and prototypes. In the intervening years before this comes to market, Tesla will have moved on dramatically and all this juicy new goodness will be baked in.

Still stunned at what Tesla have done here, it's a seismic perception-shift.

Anyone has a RN roughly to when Musk tweeted ?
We are going to get to 250k by next weekend. Look for a ton of orders on Thanksgiving and Black Friday. And Cyber Monday will be renamed Cybrtrk Monday when we are done.

Surprisingly the broken window did not go as viral as I thought. I thought MSM Short pimps would be pumping out hate articles by the minute, and going wild in Twitter.
They certainly thought about that, it goes this way:
  1. Hahahaaaa...the windows are broken, both of them...hahahaaa......
  2. Alright, let’s write a detailed article about how a window should be made in a real pickup truck, comparing to what would happen to the most popular pickup we have....oh....never mind.

Last edited:
In tactical operations it’s assault and support, block and tackle and a whole lot of coordination of those units involved, nothing like what you see in the movies. Refueling happens at planned locations away from the “front line” and once an objective is secured, an appropriate supply node is established if determined necessary to achieve the next objective, whether tactical, operational, or strategic in nature.

Logistical support is the backbone of all military operations, friendly and foe. You can’t fight without beans, bullets, medical supplies, fuel, parts, maintenance, etc... It must be secure and available in a secure environment. It takes time to refuel a tank or truck as well. This is the same situation for the “enemy” as well.

So all military forces (including irregular) have techniques, tactics, and procedures to execute these operations. Extensive training, planning, and preparation occurs to execute these ttps.

To counter the opposition forces, whom all military forces believe require conventional fuel and conventional bullets and weaponry, aim significant planning and design to destroying or disrupting that conventional logistical support. If the bad guys can’t get gas/diesel they can’t move on land, air, or sea.

Now if you are planning to fight a force that is gas/diesel based, but the reality it’s primarily electric force which a completely different way of fighting and resupply, you find yourself at a significant disadvantage not only at a tactical level but on the scale of national security and strategy, strategic resource planning and otherwise.

Whole nation states and regions are defined by fossil fuel availability and utilization as a vital global economic resource. Complete grand strategies are build on the geopolitical importance of old and gas. It is almost unimaginable the impact of a non fossil fuel national economy and military force emerging in the future which is why impact of the acceleration electrifying transport has such widespread implications for the global economy and structure as we have known it.

That acceleration will only “gain momentum” as military advantage is seen thru electrification of the force, and starting with a vehicle like the Cybertruck and energy production and delivery tech such as solar and energy storage. (Not to mention spin off/synergistic applications from the development such as new weaponry of this at scale). The global competition to “get there first” (or an electrication “arms race”) would require a new “grand strategy” as well as national security policy to meet this new challenge before others do.

As Elon continues to announce further tech developments beyond current militiary capabilities or application, along with Tesla and spacex current scaling this new tech globally, there are real conversations happening.

It is only natural that we as investors/owners of the company explore the implications as Tesla could be at or near the center of rapidly developing bifurcation in strategic policy. The financial benefits as well as larger scale consequences.

Fuel on the front lines has been worth literally $50 a gallon. You can make a solar power station that rolls out like a carpet for a ton less money and similar weight to a fuel truck. There may be some batteries involved but logistics can probably solve that. The lives saved by not having to drive a fuel truck convoy will be worth something too. A ton of deaths in recent wars have been in the logistical side.