Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Correction: I checked the report again and noticed Schwab’s rating history on TSLA. They actually rated TSLA a C in late 2016. The rating bounced between F and D in 2017, and it has been an F since late 2017 except for a brief period earlier this year when it was a D.

I've had an on-line brokerage account at Schwab since 1996-1997 and years ago I would occasionally look at their equity ratings until I noticed they didn't have enough correlation to the future performance of a stock to be of any use. For the last couple of decades I haven't paid any attention to them.

I do scratch my head occasionally, wondering why almost all the stocks in my portfolio are typically "D's" and "F's" with the occasional "C" and yet the annual growth rate has been great. Your post got me to take a look at the history ratings for the stocks in my portfolio and their share price over time. At first glance, it appears there is perhaps a negative correlation, that buying a stock when it is rated "D" or "F" is more profitable than buying when it is rated "A" or "B".

And that's about all the time I'm going to spend on this subject for probably another decade or two.:cool:

6C6272D6-2E9A-42BA-AC18-DBA6DCEB2638.png

LMFAO.

OT!

some of us use round bottomed woks, flame is best for those
Wrong.... LOL

Google, "NuWave 4-qt. Induction Wok"... altho I have never owned one so I can not vouch for it's operation. I have found everything I cook on my induction cooktop has been easy. Don't even need a double boiler anymore for melting chocolate.

I use cast iron almost exclusively. Cast iron is nonstick if you know what you are doing. They also make silicone pads that you can put between the cooktop and the cast iron so no scratching. I have some stainless induction pots I use for things like melting chocolate and making sauces that need to caramelize. My wife even bought a stainless induction kettle because our induction has a setting that boils 4 cups of water at the same speed as 1 cup in the microwave.

I bet we are about to get yelled at for extreme off topic!!! even for a weekend so don't reply to this!

Tesla is starting to charge $10/month for its Premium Connectivity package. Also now available for SR+ owners (but still no 1 year free trial for new SR+ orders).

I find it interesting that Tesla has a reputation amongst non-Tesla owners as being a very expensive, very high-end, very costly luxury product for the wealthy and yet their pricing on items like Premium Connectivity with wireless Internet, streaming music, traffic, satellite maps, streaming video is priced at only $10/month. I have a serious aversion to signing up for things with recurring monthly payments but at only $10/month it's a no-brainer for the functionality received.

A replacement key fob is only $150, and it's hard to beat their prices on things like winter wheel and tire packages (for the equivalent quality wheels and tires), their DC fast-charging network is priced lower than all competitors and even their cheapest base model cars come very well-equipped. I'm not sure where this disparity between perception and reality comes from unless it's due to their long-standing business plan to introduce a very high-end sports car, followed by an expensive sedan and SUV which was to pay for the development of more affordable mass-market cars.

Maybe now that their mass-market products are so affordable, this perception works against them? On the other hand, it helps maintain desirability for their products. But I can't help but think there are hundreds of thousands who erroneously think Tesla's products are out of their reach.

Horrible, but unfortunately not too surprising.

"Uber discloses 3,000 reports of sexual assault on U.S. rides last year in its long-awaited safety study.
The company had said it would examine 21 different categories of misconduct, in a pledge to be more transparent about the prevalence of the issue on the app."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/tech...des-last-year-its-long-awaited-safety-report/

Should be factored into Robotaxi discussion/debate as rollout gets closer.

A replacement key fob is only $150, and it's hard to beat their prices on things like winter wheel and tire packages (for the equivalent quality wheels and tires), their DC fast-charging network is priced lower than all competitors and even their cheapest base model cars come very well-equipped. I'm not sure where this disparity between perception and reality comes from unless it's due to their long-standing business plan to introduce a very high-end sports car, followed by an expensive sedan and SUV which was to pay for the development of more affordable mass-market cars.
A replacement keyfob/key for a Toyota is like $300 when purchased through a dealer.

Guess we will see a lot of shipments to the UK in Q2 2020

Bank of America Merrill Lynch: UK Tesla Model 3 & Other EV 3-Year Total Cost of Ownership Analysis Shows EVs Much Cheaper than Fossil Competitors | CleanTechnica

UK electric car purchases are expected to explode in 2020 due to the coming tax changes, which were announced in July 2019.
However, the changes are not going to be implemented on January 1 — they come into effect in April 2020.
We’ll see what happens at that time, but I expect new records for EVs and wouldn’t be surprised to see the Model 3 take the #1 spot overall amongst passenger vehicles in the UK. Stay tuned — 2020 should be a wild ride.

"Uber discloses 3,000 reports of sexual assault on U.S. rides last year in its long-awaited safety study.
The company had said it would examine 21 different categories of misconduct, in a pledge to be more transparent about the prevalence of the issue on the app."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/tech...des-last-year-its-long-awaited-safety-report/

It is going to be nearly impossible for neural networks to mimic this type of sexual assault behavior. Maybe that snake charger arm can be repurposed? And how will Tesla figure out how to do things like double dip on tolls like uber? Tesla will never be able to copy the full realistic behavior of other ride share services on its own Tesla Network. It is doomed!

Interestingly the federal lawsuit against Musk that concluded yesterday was the result of incidents that occurred only 17 months ago. Meanwhile, 39 months ago Tesla filed a federal lawsuit against Michigan officials for blocking Tesla stores and service centers in the state 62 months ago. We are still awaiting a trial which is supposed to occur in a federal court in a Michigan district..

Of course the Michigan matter has hugely more significance regarding Tesla, Inc. than the trial involving Musk that ended yesterday. If Tesla wins in federal court, it could set a favorable precedent regarding similar circumstances in other states.

Does anyone here know when this Michigan case is going to be tried? It's supposed to be a jury trial. One might wonder if the favorable verdict yesterday for Musk provides a clue as to how a jury might react toward Tesla in Michigan.

In their defense, 1000 of those incidents were drunk women harassing ME!

It's not easy being a cute, furry rideshare monkey in Wine Country who is sexy AF...

The robotaxis can't come soon enough!
:eek:

(Please, no lectures, I know and agree this is a serious issue. In fact, it is yet another symptom of Uber and Lyft creating an environment which is a "race to the bottom" by making fares so cheap to fuel growth they have to compromise on driver quality.)

Interestingly the federal lawsuit against Musk that concluded yesterday was the result of incidents that occurred only 17 months ago. Meanwhile, 39 months ago Tesla filed a federal lawsuit against Michigan officials for blocking Tesla stores and service centers in the state 62 months ago. We are still awaiting a trial which is supposed to occur in a federal court in a Michigan district..

Of course the Michigan matter has hugely more significance regarding Tesla, Inc. than the trial involving Musk that ended yesterday. If Tesla wins in federal court, it could set a favorable precedent regarding similar circumstances in other states.

Does anyone here know when this Michigan case is going to be tried? It's supposed to be a jury trial. One might wonder if the favorable verdict yesterday for Musk provides a clue as to how a jury might react toward Tesla in Michigan.

Do you know the name of the case? You could search for it on Court Listener.

Many computerized devices, including Tesla cars, still follow Microsoft's low standard of requiring manual restarts. But why can't a device be programmed to power-cycle itself, or do whatever power-cycling does, automatically to maintain reliability?
You know, when you know nothing about a topic it's generally a good idea not to blather about it.

• Love
Reactions: Electroman