Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another thing that we have to keep in mind - the more range that is available, the less charging stations are needed. With the rumor/hope that the Plaid S will somehow have 500 miles of range, that will eliminate a TON of charging on the road (ie, non-home or non-destination charging). I know for my traveling habits, it would eliminate 90% of my supercharger visits. It would also open up a lot of routes to me that, right now, simply aren't doable in my S85.

I recently told someone that going to a gas station is a lot like the old days when we went to the "movie store" to rent DVDs. Why fuel at a gas station when you could fuel at home? I explained that charging stations were only needed for traveling. But, the more I think about it, the more I can envision a day when EVs have SO much range, that a stop to charge is something that very few people ever experience. And charging stations will be shutdown instead of opened.

As EV edges closer to 100% of sales , volume alone will require stations. Plus, use “older” folks need our “pit”‘ stops. :)

Reactions: Thumper
I’m feeling some irrational exuberance over here!
Somebody stop me before I start dancing

If we all dance like Elon in unison across he globe, I feel like that should exert an upward gravitational force on the stock price.

I’ll leave the details to the physicists, but I think this would work.

You say that as though dancing clowns don’t serve a purpose nor an important purpose.

Everyone has a role to play on the team. No one position is more important than the other.

Yes, I’m being serious. Even the shorts have an important role. Without them would Elon/Tesla tried half as hard?

Shorts had/have lessons to teach. No, I don’t like them and wish they’d curl up in a log and rot, but I still recognize their role is vital to how all this plays out.

That concludes our Zen session for the day.
The Dancing Elon Master expresses primal wisdom.
Musk.gif

When you turn, the jacket appears. Toss to side. Perform Loch Ness strut.

While this run has been great, 2013 was something else because options were just stupidly cheap. It took market makers a while to properly price in the volatility as TSLA had been range bound for so long. Buying calls felt like printing money. You really need to pay for options now.
That's what you're saying about options price 6 years after the fact.

What will we be saying about 2019 option prices in 6 years from now???