Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That thread is highly entertaining. Some blindly saying they will stay the course, some saying they were wrong, but will be right eventually, some saying they are done, some attacking him, some calling this as the top etc.

Make sure to thank their delusion for offering us such a nice buy-in last summer/fall.

I think the competition such as Taycan has made people (including analysts) realize that EVs are far more complicated than building a car and putting batteries and a motor into it. The other car companies may be great at the former, but they suck at the latter. Tesla used to be great at the latter and not so good at the former, but now they are great at both. That's an impressive combo that I wouldn't bet against. Add in their other technology, especially software, along with infrastructure, and that is even more impressive.

I was having this exact conversation with my wife, she wanted to know what gives Tesla such an advantage in the EV space compared to all the "established" OEMs. Basically, Tesla developed great EV powertrain technology with ridiculously good performance (which they keep improving) and then had to figure out how to build a proper car around that. The Traditionals figured EVs are just like ICEVs but with an electric motor and a box filled with battery cells instead of the engine, transmission & tank. How freaking hard could that be, right? I mean, Daimler (and not only) is even trying to produce both drivetrains on the same production line! Call Bosch, they know about electric motors, and then get LG Chem to make some batteries. Yeah, it works. But barely. Poor energy efficiency, poor power conversion, serious battery degradation. No gears? C'mon, we gotta put some gears in there! Hold on, this thing is actually kinda tricky... aaaanyway, we should just let everyone know that nobody wants pure BEVs... since we kinda suck at making them!

For future reference, here's a recently-released podcast episode from Fully Charged, this one is Bobby Llewellyn kinda-sorta-ranting about the attitude the CEOs of Traditionals towards electrification (including the conclusion some people at Nissan arrived at, that EVs are difficult to use because the charging cables are too heavy for women to handle... therefore, mild hybrids FTW!)

Ha ha. Well I almost dare not mention it since it tempts fate, but $500 seems pretty close this week.

And we have yet to have the Third Row Tesla podcast interview (which I will listen to, even if I don't follow their constant drivel on twitter) and Earnings Report date announcement coming up.

I'm guessing there might be a few tiny juicy tidbits, but I suspect that it will largely be a long history lesson on Tesla. I believe Elon's mother and brother were there for the podcast as well, based on the tweets I've seen going around.

Address the forest ants, please and thanks. And how come no mention of earthworms or beetles? I mean, if you want to throw around the word hypocrite, you best be wanting equal rights for all the insects in the ground, in the trees, and in the air on that piece of property.

Relocating animals is trivial, really? I guess that all depends on if you’re the animal being relocated or not.

You likely missed my post where I suggested the conservation organization simply approach Elon about building a very specific bat habitat right there on the property. That’s actually better for the bats than being relocated and here’s why - bats have strong homing instincts and often simply return after relocation even from hundreds of miles away. Now when they return, there’s no home for them.

And FYI, since you felt the need to call out the USA, bat colonies are legally protected here and relocating (or killing) bats is actually illegal in the US. Exceptions not withstanding like a sick colony.
Elon will likely deploy the bats in the FSD suite. Their radar expertise are well documented.

Make sure to thank their delusion for offering us such a nice buy-in last summer/fall.
I don't know how they aren't in full panic mode. They are looking at potentially losing everything. I suspect that most of the hard core cheerleaders don't really have any skin in the game. Heck, they could be sock puppet accounts from longs for all we know.

So I am guessing Jack’s “gambling” is looking pretty good right now.
So far his approach is sub-optimal as he hedged on the downside. That said, I actually did pick up a couple cheap puts a few days ago "just in case". I'm happy to report they are worthless. :)

The Traditionals figured EVs are just like ICEVs but with an electric motor and a box filled with battery cells instead of the engine, transmission & tank. How freaking hard could that be, right?

Exactly. Other than range, performance, thermal management, longevity, charge management, and manufacturing, it's totally trivial.

Upper-BB at $484.19 as of 12:07 hrs -- let's see what happens when the SP reaches it. I'm guessing there's a lot of buying interest just right now...

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2020-01-08.12-07.png

Cheers!

2013 was not a short squeeze, it's a price discovery. Imagine if there were zero short position on TSLA in 2012, it would still have rallied to $280 in the subsequent years.

This current rally is also a price discovery. Some shorts got caught on the train track, but they are not the reason why the train is moving forward.

This stock is likely to appreciate significantly in the long run.

I like how this thread has gotten numb to new ATH's.
I know, right? I look at the ticker, that number used to have a meaning. Now my brain can't even process... first of all, 400-range, how many years have we been waiting for that? And these $10/day jumps upwards mean that we might soon say farewell to that fo-whatever. Crazy!