Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just thinking @Artful Dodger - if you've got a good way to produce these After Action Reports daily, these might be good additions to the daily Papafox thread. It's easy to miss 'em here in the big thread (it's easy to miss any individual post here in the big thread).​
Thanks for the compliment, but I won't clog up @Papafox thread (its awesome as is).

You can find ALL of my daily reports easily with a TMC Forum search for the keyword "After-Action", or just bookmark this link:

Cheers!

Last edited:
I've seen a lot of hand-wringing about the almost insignificant decline in share price today and after hours. I have to wonder whether the "worriers" even belong in individual stocks, let along one as disruptive and volatile as TSLA. How can you live like that? Please step back from your monitors!

What we saw today (including AH) is nothing. If you are going to be anything but a "granny" investor, you need to change the way you think about money and assets. Either you believe in where you have put your money and made your bets or you don't. Volatility doesn't change that. Especially the little bit we saw today. It's as if some of you believe every day the shares will neatly and predictably be worth slightly more than the previous day and the trading will reflect that fact within 0.5% or something. I would ride this stock down to $400 without batting an eyelash if there had been no fundamental changes. I don't expect that but it wouldn't phase me one bit. Some of you take this so seriously I can't even believe what I'm reading. My advice, get your eyes off your account balances and stop thinking of it as real money. You will never go anywhere if you fret about every dollar as if you're in the market buying your groceries. That's real money, this is not, it's shares in a company, not money! Big difference. Lighten up and enjoy the ride! The only guarantee is that it will be bumpy. I think the "up" days will be far better than the "down" days.

If you want to run with the big dogs, you have to be comfortable peeing in the tall grass.

If you want to run with the big dogs, you have to be comfortable peeing in the tall grass.

Lol, meanwhile scheming MMs be like:

b104704e956c3e06fc56dafc756c64b7.jpg

Cheers!

Watching the main Canadian news channel (CBC National News), and they did a quick 15 second report about Tesla recalling 15,000 Model X’s. I watch this news channel every day and I have never seen them mention any other car recall in the past other than the Takata airbag one that involved every manufacturer. Nothing about BMW fire issues, etc.

They aren’t biased or in the pocket of big oil (publically-owned channel like PBS), but it just shows how any news about Tesla bubbles up into mainstream press now.

Watching the main Canadian news channel (CBC National News), and they did a quick 15 second report about Tesla recalling 15,000 Model X’s. I watch this news channel every day and I have never seen them mention any other car recall in the past other than the Takata airbag one that involved every manufacturer. Nothing about BMW fire issues, etc.

They aren’t biased or in the pocket of big oil (publically-owned channel like PBS), but it just shows how any news about Tesla bubbles up into mainstream press now.

The CBC has an honourable past. Unfortunately, they have been subsumed by the far left.

Here are Charlie Munger's comments about Tesla:

Charlie Munger, on BYD and Tesla sales divergence: "BYD sales went down because the Chinese reduced incentives to the buyers of electric cars...and Tesla sales went up because Elon has convinced people he can cure cancer."​

Context: Berkshire Hathaway owns a big, 25% stake in BYD ..

Further context, Tesla is now endangering BYD in their home market:

He was also trash-talking the stock and Elon:

“I would never buy [Tesla] and I would never sell it short...I think Elon Musk is peculiar and he may overestimate himself, but he may not be wrong all the time,” Charlie Munger said.​

The Berkshire Hathaway old guard is still seriously underestimating Tesla. Their loss. :D

Gee
Doesn't his remarks sounds very bitter and jealous?

Can't imagine why one of the most successful investors can sound like such a loser.

I've seen a lot of hand-wringing about the almost insignificant decline in share price today and after hours. I have to wonder whether the "worriers" even belong in individual stocks, let along one as disruptive and volatile as TSLA. How can you live like that? Please step back from your monitors!

What we saw today (including AH) is nothing. If you are going to be anything but a "granny" investor, you need to change the way you think about money and assets. Either you believe in where you have put your money and made your bets or you don't. Volatility doesn't change that. Especially the little bit we saw today. It's as if some of you believe every day the shares will neatly and predictably be worth slightly more than the previous day and the trading will reflect that fact within 0.5% or something. I would ride this stock down to $400 without batting an eyelash if there had been no fundamental changes. I don't expect that but it wouldn't phase me one bit. Some of you take this so seriously I can't even believe what I'm reading. My advice, get your eyes off your account balances and stop thinking of it as real money. You will never go anywhere if you fret about every dollar as if you're in the market buying your groceries. That's real money, this is not, it's shares in a company, not money! Big difference. Lighten up and enjoy the ride! The only guarantee is that it will be bumpy. I think the "up" days will be far better than the "down" days.

The AH drop is not insignificant. A barrage of negative news and distortion of the truth is a concerted effort by the media to push TSLA down. We have every right to get upset about this, it has nothing to do with being a “granny investor”.

You say you won’t blink if the stock goes all the way down to $400. Really? A drop of almost 50% would be very upsetting to most of us here. Nobody likes to see hard fought gains evaporate.

Also, such a drop would require a gain of 85% just to get back to where the stock was. Be careful what you wish for.

... My advice, get your eyes off your account balances and stop thinking of it as real money. You will never go anywhere if you fret about every dollar as if you're in the market buying your groceries. That's real money, this is not, it's shares in a company, not money! Big difference.
Yes, but I have plans to turn my account balance INTO "real money" within the next five to ten years. I find it disconcerting that the share price can be driven to arbitrary levels for someone else's gains. I’m holding out the hope that this nonsense stops with S&P inclusion.

I decided to listen to the Ford Q4'19 earnings call.

I'm halfway through this thing so far, but I think I may have accidentally clicked on the "Ford zero substance PR yada yada call" instead.

If company valuations were solely based on the quality of earnings calls, Tesla's market cap would be 100x Ford's.

That was my impression of the Mach-E unveiling too. Lots of bark, little bite.

• Love
Reactions: FrankSG

I got a standard poodle that was retired from the show ring. It wasn't abused but they aren't foo-foo dogs, however this dog lived in downtown Moscow for years. First time I took it out in the field it kept freaking out... I figured it out. It had never been in grass high enough to touch its undersides while walking.... So you don't even need to pee.