Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not pretending I understand this but Italy is +13%, Russia +10% and many other European markets anywhere from 6-8%.

I should probably go back to playing poker instead of trying to understand markets.
Yesterday Christine Lagarde, head of BCE, said (paraphrasing) "BCE is not there to eliminate the spread between BUND and BTP".
This was taken as "we don't care if you Italians drown". Very, very different from the famous "whatever it takes" from Mario Draghi, that saved the euro.
Italian president Sergio Mattarella - very old and wise and calm gentleman - issued a very harsh statement (especially for such a mild mannered man), which eventually made BCE revise the statement and today Van der Leyer said that "they will do all they can to help Italy".
Yesterday was the all-time worst day for Italian market. Today they regained a bit.

TL;DR European politics.

Last edited:
Saint-Laurent-sur-Manoire, France

Seems to be correct, although there's a lot under construction. Tesla finally seems to be switching to V3 for Europe. Right before they build the Icelandic network, yeay! :)

BTW, Bulgaria is now part of the European network :)

View attachment 521203
What kind of supercharger map is this that uses red dots instead of red Tesla T's?? Looks suspect to me...

Thanks for all the posts, it's always helpful to read this forum.
I'm the least experienced investor here by a mile, but I've lived with the coronavirus panic for weeks now and I think
US still don't get it.
There is a physiological time to really get scared of things, let them sink.
And US didn't let the coronavirus implications sink, IMO.
You still don't have enough deaths or horror tales about the hospitals or 24/7 nonstop corona media coverage, for days and days. Shops closing, people fearing for their income, etc.
I do think Tesla as a company is in a very good spot, but things will be dire.

Last edited:
This isn't just coronavirus plus a long overdue correction, it's the death of fossil fuels. Global oil demand has likely peaked, 4 years earlier than expected due to coronavirus shock. Not a coincidence that TSLA rocketed then oil plunged.

I mention this not because it's an additional macro concern, but because it's WILDLY STIMULATIVE for the global economy. We're going to have ultra cheap fuel for an economy still running on oil, with a backdrop of trillions of dollars in renewable energy buildout.

Not to mention, ALL THAT MONEY that would traditionally flow back into fossil investments is now building up on the sidelines with nowhere to go. You know what you get from the once laughable Greek govt for parking your money there? Zero.

This cash will flow back into equities once coronavirus panic has passed in 2 weeks and the top landing spot will be TSLA. There is WAY too much money on the sidelines for this not to happen.

Yeah pretty much a bold face lie by the orangutan that was debunked by several news outlet:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ort-blame-obama-sluggish-coronavirus-testing/
Trump’s Misplaced Blame on Obama for Coronavirus Tests
Trump falsely blames Obama admin for hurting rollout of coronavirus test kits: Fact Check

Wish the red herring pointing & don't look @ me lack of leadership with this fool ends soon before more people die.

imrs.php

I understand and respect the decisions of those feeling the need to sell based on risk tolerance. I've adjusted my trading scheme these last 2 weeks to reduce emotion since it's hard to separate my anxiety for family & friends who are at health risk from market risk.

Rather than sell off my TSLA trading shares and sitting by waiting for "the bottom", I've just been small-buying the drops and small-selling the jumps. I'll set up my buy/sell prices at the end of the day and adjust them in the morning before the market opens based on any news. So, yesterday I bought at $571 and $549 and did not hit any sell points ($620, $645). I adjusted last night and hit one of my sell prices at $598 first thing this morning. My buy points for today haven't been hit yet. My goal is to come through this with more shares. These trades are all done through an IRA with no fees and no immediate tax implications. I probably won't trade near the Q1 reports, too tricky with the macro.

Yeah pretty much a bold face lie by the orangutan that was debunked by several news outlet:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ort-blame-obama-sluggish-coronavirus-testing/
Trump’s Misplaced Blame on Obama for Coronavirus Tests
Trump falsely blames Obama admin for hurting rollout of coronavirus test kits: Fact Check

Wish the red herring pointing & don't look @ me lack of leadership with this fool ends soon before more people die.

imrs.php
But I would have given a five pinocchio rating.