Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see you released the Kruger-aken on yourself, so I'll try to refrain from slapping you more. (Note: This is a forward-looking statement subject to risks and uncertainties.)

Specific answers:

1) "[After corona] will there be people willing to buy new and expensive cars?"
There sure as hell are in China. (Google the March deliveries.) Do you think the rest of the world won't follow the pattern of the nation that got hit first?

2) "price is likely to drop to $560, or even lower"
If you think you can time the market, have at it. How did it work out before?

3) "worried that Elon will have to adjust the guidance in the ER"
Highly unlikely, since the guidance was quite conservative, Fremont reopens May 4, and Giga China is ramping like Chanos's worst nightmare.

4) "you can buy a Camry or an Accord Hybrid for around 1/2 the price of a Tesla it doesnt make much sense for the average buyer"
You can buy a skateboard for even less, but it hasn't hurt Tesla sales so far. Tesla buyers don't work at Walmart (yet).

5) "TE could play a game changer slowly, or never happen."
It's already happening. Google "Megapack project".

6) "RobotTaxi... I don’t know, could it reduce the car sales badly?"
Dude, google "Tesla Autonomy Day" and learn about the economics of robotaxis. When Tesla Network is unleashed, I won't care if car sales reduce to zero. Tesla could keep all production for their own fleet (but they won't because of their mission).

General answer (yet again):

Tell Dad thanks for his concern, ignore him, buy and hold.

PS: @Quesder, if you want to relax about your TSLA investment, you need to educate yourself about what an extraordinary unprecedented company you have invested in. Search for any post by @FrankSG and read the essays linked in his posting signature. He has very helpfully summarized the basics.

Amazing how every time TSLA flies higher for no reason an analyst upgrade comes right after..

Tesla initiated with a Buy at Goldman Sachs TSLA - The Fly

'Goldman Sachs analyst Mark Delaney initiated coverage of Tesla with a Buy rating and $864 price target. The analyst is positive on the company's product lead position in electric vehicles - a market where he expects "long-term secular growth". Delaney further cites Tesla's early mover advantage, brand recognition, vertical integration, as well as traction from its Model Y launch in the important SUV and crossover market.'

Amazing how every time TSLA flies higher for no reason an analyst upgrade comes right after..

'Goldman Sachs analyst Mark Delaney initiated coverage of Tesla with a Buy rating and $864 price target. The analyst is positive on the company's product lead position in electric vehicles - a market where he expects "long-term secular growth". Delaney further cites Tesla's early mover advantage, brand recognition, vertical integration, as well as traction from its Model Y launch in the important SUV and crossover market.'

Funny how they changed the Analyst to a guy who is now bullish. I remember the last guy from Goldman was always bearish.

Thanks. But, what is Kruger-aken?

BrokenMeagerCoypu-size_restricted.gif

10007.jpg

Failed 'Tesla Killer' Recalled: Could Become Passenger Killer:

Weird Chevrolet Bolt Recall: Roll Down Windows And Door Could Open

Apparently, some Chevy Bolt's build quality allowed the door opening cables to be too long which could allow the door to unexpectedly pop open. It could also allow the door to fail to open in an emergency. This recall follows a separate recall on 2018 Bolts (and other GMC cars) for poor quality brake caliper pistons causing poor braking performance.

In the same time period, Tesla has sold many more Model 3's without a single recall. Now, what was TSLAQ saying about Model 3 build quality? :rolleyes:

Or the reason Tesla flew higher was because someone knew these upgrades were on the way. I'm telling ya, this whole game is rigged.

In the Model 3 ramp misery one substantial problem was the conveyance system. I have noticed that in the Shanghai general assembly once body powertain comes together there is no conveyance system. The cars on autopilot on the assembly line. I am not sure that Mr. Munro will recognize that. The advantage not only the cost os the system, but it gives tremendous flexibility to change things around, moving the cars at variable speed ahead getting cars out of the line, etc.
I also have respect with Mr. Munro at the same time. For me the most important thing that he tells frequently that he is very happy with things. To me that means that Tesla is at the least on par with the best legacy makers on manufacturing. This was not true at the Model 3 ramp yet. Tesla improves much faster than anybody, and that means that they have no real disadvantage any more other than the cost of BEV compared ICE (and this will disappear soon. I mean really soon, and not Elon soon.) and scale, I am really not even sure that is true. The sell less cars than BMW and Daimler, but because Tesla build less models, the scale / model is similar. Also Tesla is growing unlike these guys.

source? Otherwise it's conjecture stated as fact.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
The upgrades are nice but I believe what’s pushing us is the Missouri factory offer. It’s a huge deal because it shows the demand for this company and the jobs they bring. On its current growth rate Tesla could employee millions.

Not many companies come along where you can jump in and give back to your state for decades to come. This offer represents a massive shift. I believe many investors view this in the same light as Amazon’s growth. (Even though we found out earlier this year that Bezos was jealous of Musk’s ability to bid out a factory across the country)