Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon and I see eye to eye on the belief that "experts" should ALWAYS be questioned. Because all too often their thinking has unseen flaws. Don't hesitate to at least question someone just because they are the supposed "expert". Experts regularly fail to provide good guidance.
Often times too much weight is given to someone from out of town with a laptop (Most don't carry briefcases these days). In general experts say what those who hire them want them to say. That's not any kind of science. It is fine for anyone to question a scientific finding as long as they have the data to back it up. If they don't have the data, then they should be ignored. Elon has some good data with regards to opening up the plant based on his experience in China. I don't believe he has good data for his other points. (Of course, right now all the data is somewhat questionable because it's incomplete.)

Reactions: Sudre
Elon and I see eye to eye on the belief that "experts" should ALWAYS be questioned. Because all too often their thinking has unseen flaws. Don't hesitate to at least question someone just because they are the supposed "expert". Experts regularly fail to provide good guidance.

Absolutely. The moment someone labels themselves an expert, in the next moment I’m NOT taking their word for it.

Personal experience: experts get stuck in the nice, neat little boxes they create. The truly great ones welcome being challenged to step outside that box and they’re grateful to be shown the way and appreciate the lesson. They’re also the first ones to say, I make mistakes and I’m open to learning and trying something different.

Are shorts aware how screwed they are?

Umm, no. People with their heads in the sand are not generally considered "aware".

giphy.webp

Are shorts aware how screwed they are?
- beginning of June we will have a new factory announcement
- Battery Day at similar time
- 200% increase in Model 3 China sales
- Fremont is back
- investors and analyst have given their blessing for Tesla to have a bad Q2.
- SpaceX keeps being awesome
- Musk will be proven right
- plaid powertrain later this year
- Q3,4 surge
-Berlin, Texas, solar, battery storage.

But But But Its the middle of May and they still have leftover inventory from the first quarter. /S

It's easy to ignore as Haggerty is just one of 5 Supes in Alameda County; he is NOT the decision-maker, and everyone is entitled to their opinion. He is just one vote to hire the Health Officer.

It is the Health Officer that makes this call (open-no open), and yes, the Board of Supervisors could over-ride her if they so choose. But that requires 3 votes to over-ride.

Plus Hagerty will just argue he meant the way Elon was treating him personally.
CNBC just had a lady on with aviators that said Elon should have spent more time negotiating and building a safety plan than complaining on Twitter lol

you mean like that 38 page safety playbook? Or the negotiations when the county said “we’ll let you know when it’s safe”

I've lost a lot of the respect I had for her over the last year. She is becoming very uninformed, and likes to pontificate.

CNBC just had a lady on with aviators that said Elon should have spent more time negotiating and building a safety plan than complaining on Twitter lol

you mean like that 38 page safety playbook? Or the negotiations when the county said “we’ll let you know when it’s safe”
Yeah, which was revealed less than 48 hours ago after 2+ weeks of controversy and nonsense from Elon. Kara is right. Could have avoided so much scorched earth if they had just released this plan during the ER and said "we look forward to safely reopening on May 4th when the county order expires" to throw the ball in their court.

So also Elon's actions can be questioned? /s

Sure. Question away. But you better be ready to accept he’s not going to change just because you want him to tweet the way you would, or the way you think he should because he holds some particular position. And have the good grace to come with some evidence to back up the assertions that he just blew up his business. Or at least flog the theory there’s going to be a demand issue. I’m getting tired of people beating around the bush, especially concerning the news out of China this morning. I’ve got my abacus and my opposable thumbs out, poised to add shares.

Yeah, which was revealed less than 48 hours ago after 2+ weeks of controversy and nonsense from Elon. Kara is right. Could have avoided so much scorched earth if they had just released this plan during the ER and said "we look forward to safely reopening on May 4th when the county order expires" to throw the ball in their court.
That’s fair. Elon could have done that. He chose to test the trust the county had in him and his company. Apparently they trust falsified stories from short sellers and LA times reporters over the CEO. So it goes.

Morgan on CNBC asked Kara how she knows Elon hasn’t been in talks or come up with a safety plan, in which Kara said “well I don’t know, I mean look at the tweets...I don’t really follow the tweets but idk it’s Elon”