Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know what you're talking about. I think Tesla is in great shape,
I never sold anything but 7 shares (which I bought back) 3 months ago,
and I still think Elon is probably the major force behind Tesla.

I also happen to think that his twitter communication skills are abysmal, and that feuding with everyone
should be something a smart man like he is should do. I personally don't get it.
Is this enough to make me question my investment and the mission? Nope.

Ont the other hand, the Tesla Safety handbook - in my humble, useless opinion - was a genius move, and that should be the news. Unfortunately it's not, and he's partially to blame for that.
I agree, Tesla needs a communication 'czar' (pun intended).

Ont the other hand, the Tesla Safety handbook - in my humble, useless opinion - was a genius move, and that should be the news. Unfortunately it's not, and he's partially to blame for that.

It's all in the Art of War. You don't unleash all your firepower in the beginning. You save some for the key battle that will turn the tide.

Tesla has already shown the County the ammunition they have in reserve. That's why they will continue to stand down.

In that case, should we be sending emails praising Tesla for opening to balance it out? Anyone wants to draft an email?

Well no I don’t think county officials should be caught in the crossfire of the company’s financial stakeholders. But some education is useful - most people understand that a company’s shareholders are always rooting for the benefit of the company. But most people are not aware that Tesla attracts a fanatical following with the opposite financial motivation.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
lmao this thread really has just become a cheerleading section. IF Tesla HQ really does move to Texas don't expect more than 60% of employees to stay on board. It probably won't happen as it was probably just another impulsive move by Musk that he will eventually reconsider. Also shutting down Fremont when Tesla is production constrained and it would take a year+ to set up a NA factory is insane.

It is sad to watch the quality of this board degrade so fast. There used to be a lot of critical thinking sadly those posters are basically all gone. It was very apparent around the clearly stupid and impulsive "close all stores" and then "reopen all stores" was praised and anyone doing any critical thinking was heavily downvoted. Not everything is 4d chess.

Musk has been reckless and impulsive about his tactics regarding re-opening the factory because he frankly has been reckless and impulsive about the entire covid-19 crisis. It is all in the public record for everyone to see his downplaying, minimization, conspiracy theories and embrace of bad science to push a false narrative regarding C19. His inability to understand the severity of covid19, and frankly his disgusting embrace of conspiracy theories because of his absurd hubris is why he's gone with this shock and awe strategy because he's looking at the virus through a completely different and wrong lens than the people making these decisions. It is why he is more willing to accuse politicians of doing this on purpose as fascism, and threaten lawsuits than a more tactful public approach led with employee safety that doesn't turn people off (yes yes I know the cheerleaders will tell me that was on purpose and now Musk/Tesla will be some conservative hero so please save that nonsense)

lmao this thread really has just become a cheerleading section. IF Tesla HQ really does move to Texas don't expect more than 60% of employees to stay on board. It probably won't happen as it was probably just another impulsive move by Musk that he will eventually reconsider. Also shutting down Fremont when Tesla is production constrained and it would take a year+ to set up a NA factory is insane.

It is sad to watch the quality of this board degrade so fast. There used to be a lot of critical thinking sadly those posters are basically all gone. It was very apparent around the clearly stupid and impulsive "close all stores" and then "reopen all stores" was praised and anyone doing any critical thinking was heavily downvoted. Not everything is 4d chess.

Musk has been reckless and impulsive about his tactics regarding re-opening the factory because he frankly has been reckless and impulsive about the entire covid-19 crisis. It is all in the public record for everyone to see his downplaying, minimization, conspiracy theories and embrace of bad science to push a false narrative regarding C19. His inability to understand the severity of covid19, and frankly his disgusting embrace of conspiracy theories because of his absurd hubris is why he's gone with this shock and awe strategy because he's looking at the virus through a completely different and wrong lens than the people making these decisions. It is why he is more willing to accuse politicians of doing this on purpose as fascism, and threaten lawsuits than a more tactful public approach led with employee safety that doesn't turn people off (yes yes I know the cheerleaders will tell me that was on purpose and now Musk/Tesla will be some conservative hero so please save that nonsense)
I know we're not moderating too much, but can we ban the few obvious trolls cluttering up the forums?

Yeah, fair enough, and Kara is clearly just speculating there. It's all moot at this point anyway and I'm really happy with the plan going forward and the market is already looking past the controversy IMO.

So, um...maybe next time you can remember what happened here and save yourself the trouble of being upset since the outcome always makes everything that came before it moot where Elon, Tesla and TSLA are concerned.

That’s really the bigger lesson here. I’ve watched your story dozens of times over the years; people all bent out of shape, panicked, angry, hurt, upset, whathaveyou only to be ‘oh, would you look at that, the sky is still floating up there’ when they waited a minute for things to run their course.

You don’t have some special insight on how his behavior changes the outcome. Spoiler alert! I’m going to tell you the ending: Win.

I hear you, but there's backlash already, saying the lockdown was not worth a $54B deficit:

Letters to the Editor: Remember when Gavin Newsom said 25 million Californians would catch COVID-19? | LA Times

IMO, leaders should lead. He's turtle-ing instead. Tesla is headed out of his state, and he's betting he can get out personally before that happens.

Reprehensible conduct, IMHO.

P.S. TSLA spiked to $811.50 minutes ago... Can we see some GREEN? :D

Newsom, similar to others in today's political generation, will leave office and....get numerous high paying Board memberships, join a law firm or lobbying position, get huge sums for writing his memoirs, etc.

Meanwhile, if he was a leader, he would go right at Alameda County and insist that Tesla open.

Last edited:
lmao this thread really has just become a cheerleading section. IF Tesla HQ really does move to Texas don't expect more than 60% of employees to stay on board.
HQ is basically office staff. Office staff is easy to replace. The factory isn't going anywhere soon. I don't know where people get that idea. No doubt it will go eventually, in say five years when there are two more GFs in North America.

Seriously. I don’t find anything funny about it though. The unfortunate thing is most of these county officials don’t know about TSLA activist shorts and are likely to mistake the calls for outraged citizenry.

It doesn’t seem they knew much about their largest employer on any level. That seems a bit of miss on their part, no?

HQ is basically office staff. Office staff is easy to replace. The factory isn't going anywhere soon. I don't know where people get that idea. No doubt it will go eventually, in say five years when there are two more GFs in North America.

HQ is all the people working at Tesla that like Musk makes it special. Deeming other execs and engineers across all divisions as simply "office staff" is a very ignorant way of looking at it. Making these absurd rationalizations is exactly the point I'm trying to make. Any sort of HQ move would require a slowdown from Tesla as it would involve a large percentage (you can debate 10-60% imo) of non production employees being replaced. That is not an easy task and one that would be smooth. Not everyone has Musk's private jet to fly them to Texas 3 times a week.

Also would the design center in LA be moved out as well?

Yea I really think this whole fear of moving is overblown.

Tesla engineers + autopilot team will stay or very easily Tesla could give them a choice.

"Hey team, we are expending our operations in Austin and official HQ will move there. If anyone wants to move there go ahead and we will assist, otherwise the Palo Alto office will remain for those who wish to stay."

Anyway the factory is open so this is all a moot point.

But I don't see any more expansions coming to Fremont.

Tesla's court filing reads:

"PRAYER FOR RELIEF

"In light of the foregoing, Plaintiff respectfully prays that this Court:

A. Issue a permanent injunction enjoining enforcement of the Third County Order against Plaintiff;"​

How do you interpret what Tesla is asking the court to do?

Tesla is asking the court to issue an injunction. A permanent injunction would be issued after trial, possibly years. A preliminary injunction would be issued after an evidentiary hearing where Tesla would have a significant burden of proof and likely have to file a bond. A TRO Temporary Restraining Order could be sought which does not require a hearing. The courts rarely grant TROs for economic issues because they are not irreparable. In fact public health almost always trumps economic issues because the Court recognize that health is likely irreparable and thre Courts dont want to be seen as responsible for death or injury. However the Equal Protection argument may strive the interest of the Court enough that a quick hearing is a distinct possibility.

Didn't they hire someone from an English museum or something to oversee their social accounts? Must have been a couple of years ago. Wonder if he's still around? I guess he never got to take over Elons private account.
He resisted only few months, and when I looked for information I didn't find any.
Feel free to speculate.

• Informative
Reactions: hobbes
I know we're not moderating too much, but can we ban the few obvious trolls cluttering up the forums?

A dissenting opinion, does not equate to trolling. Stop trying to amplify the echo-chamber, and maybe embrace the people trying to show the other side of the coin. Without it you lose balance, and without balance, you cannot make an informed decision on how to invest. Whenever stuff like his comes up, I am reminded of the guy here who was harassed off, warning of model X delays, and displaying obvious intimate knowledge about it. He proved to be right, but by that time, we lost the valuable resource he was, do to straight up fan-person bullying.