Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This looks great for profitability. More MY's sold = higher ASP, while costs will remain similar to M3 construction:

upload_2020-7-17_8-22-14.png

Thanks!

Did a quick search for every use of "APPL" and all 13 of them are correct.
So why did you use a non-existent ticker along with real stocks like TSLA, UBER, NFLX? You could have used "AAPL", like that big computer/phone company. :)

Edit: I used to do serious work in standards organizations, it makes me a bit of a stickler for detail. It has saved my employer a lot of money a couple of times.

Do you think that TSLA would have exploded the way it did if it was included in the index beginning of the year? Granted, the March sell off was major for all markets, but i think TSLA SP is better off this way IMHO.

No idea, but I think the S&P committee should have waived the profit stipulation for Tesla and got them in sooner.

Yawn, feel just like last week to me!

Basic options question: when is the last date/time to sell to close a call option? For example 7/24. Thanks.

One second before the bell, AFAIK. Options can't be traded (at least not for us retail farties) outside main trading hours.

If it's out of the money then I tend to put an order for $0.05 15 minutes before close. If it's really far out of the money then usually $0.01 will be enough.

• Informative
Reactions: ninpb
So why did you use a non-existent ticker along with real stocks like TSLA, UBER, NFLX? You could have used "AAPL", like that big computer/phone company. :)

Edit: I used to do serious work in standards organizations, it makes me a bit of a stickler for detail. It has saved my employer a lot of money a couple of times.

Lol, thanks for pointing this out. Will fix.

Reactions: mongo and oldTAVguy
Lot of mutual fund owns Tesla stock, for example Ark Investment always have top holding Tesla but mutual fund rules go against truly holding TSLA for long term, they have to trim positions all the time, They are subject to selling out too early and buying at higher price just like individuals investors.

One second before the bell, AFAIK. Options can't be traded (at least not for us retail farties) outside main trading hours.

If it's out of the money then I tend to put an order for $0.05 15 minutes before close. If it's really far out of the money then usually $0.01 will be enough.

You do the 5cent play because if you do buy the contract, you can turn around and close it that quick (if it goes in the money)? Or execute automatically for shares?

Reactions: SOULPEDL and kanweg
Lot of mutual fund owns Tesla stock, for example Ark Investment always have top holding Tesla but mutual fund rules go against truly holding TSLA for long term, they have to trim positions all the time, They are subject to selling out too early and buying at higher price just like individuals investors.

Individual Investors don't need to follow Portfolio Mgmt rules, lot of the Mutual Funds/Hedge Funds do. hedge Funds have like Risk/Reward baked into their guidelines, and they cannot exceed those terms and conditions. cheers!!

You do the 5cent play because if you do buy the contract, you can turn around and close it that quick (if it goes in the money)? Or execute automatically for shares?

WellI thought you were talking about an option that's out of the money and unlikely to exercise, then you can just leave it to expire, but has it sitting there on your account over the weekend, or close it out and free-up any reserved cash tat you can then use in after-hours or pre-market Monday.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: kanweg and Tim S
Say

Excuse me for repeating this but I finally figured out how to link my question on 'Say' in case anyone wants to vote for it.

I really want to see Tesla make a variety of stainless steel vehicles after the cybertruck and I am hoping to see what their thoughts are on it.
Didn't Elon already give a thumbs down to this idea?

You used to work for Adam Jonas and told him not to short TSLA anymore?

• Funny
Reactions: wipster
Knightfall? went about it the wrong way but he did have some valid points. I've noticed that a lot (all?) of those saying he was wrong about a need to improve service have avoided to comment/mention the story yesterday about upcoming openings and immediate need for locations.

Tesla is looking for new locations 'immediately available' to expand service - Electrek

I've never seen a single person claim that Tesla didn't need to improve the ability of Tesla to service ever increasing volumes of cars.

The disagreement was whether Service Centers needed to expand at a rate that was proportional to the fleet growth and whether failure to do this would be the downfall of Tesla.

The answer is "No" on both accounts (for reasons already covered). Just like the Supercharger Network will continue to grow, so will the Service Network (although not in direct proportion to fleet size growth).

Correct. Only the Small 4.08 kW system had a price drop ($10,000 to $8,200). Otherwise they harmonized every system to a linear $2.01/watt no matter the size. You'll notice that 8.16 kW is now exactly twice as expensive as 4.08 kW, etc.

It does represent a small price increase for the larger systems, but it does simplify pricing and entices customers to check them out in the first place when the starting system is so affordable.
Interesting. This is kind of a reversion to the previous pricing structure that was based purely on a $/kWh that varied by state, but remained static regardless of array size.

My take on this is they realized there was value in the tiny system pricing as advertising at both the initial point if sale and referral. Putting in a 4kW system doesn't make a profit, but the follow-on business from that install won't necessarily be small systems.

Smart, simple moves. I like it. Paying minimal sales cost per install makes this kind of pricing possible. At the rate they're iterating, Tesla will own half of residential energy before long. With the other half being local installers.

Nice of Sunrun to buy Vivint so Tesla only has one massive bloated sales organization to put out if business.

Interesting. This is kind of a reversion to the previous pricing structure that was based purely on a $/kWh that varied by state, but remained static regardless of array size.

My take on this is they realized there was value in the tiny system pricing as advertising at both the initial point if sale and referral. Putting in a 4kW system doesn't make a profit, but the follow-on business from that install won't necessarily be small systems.

Smart, simple moves. I like it. Paying minimal sales cost per install makes this kind of pricing possible. At the rate they're iterating, Tesla will own half of residential energy before long. With the other half being local installers.

Nice of Sunrun to buy Vivint so Tesla only has one massive bloated sales organization to put out if business.

Their new referral program is also rather smart. It's just one free Powerwall once you go over 10 referrals, but no more. I so desperately want 10+ referrals now so I can get a free Powerwall, I was actually considering canvasing my neighbors to see if they were interested... :oops: But for most installations, a single Powerwall won't do much. For the system I'm installing I would probably need 3 Powerwalls, so the referral reward effectively operates like a 33% off coupon.