Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OT flashbacks

I haven't done the math, but say about 1600 message frames/second times 8 bytes/frame = 12,800 baud, depending on acknowledgment messages, the effective rate might even be less.
Baud is bits (sort of), not bytes, need to multiply 12.8k by 8 which yeids ~100k baud.

Went through this type of senario in a previous life...

If Tesla solves FSD and becomes the world's new utility company of the 21st century as it is intending to do, we could see a run of 15x or more from here. There are a LOT of homes in the world that would love to be their own power company...
I should have made it more clear. 6X in ONE YEAR for a company the size of TSLA is very rare. I don't think it's ever happened before. Over the next ten years a 6X return is a very real possibility. FSD that looks like it will evolve quickly into Robotaxi might be a quick double. If you borrow heavily against your shares it is likely that you will lose them at some point. We were up 10X low to high this year. It can go the other way too. You need to prepare for the tough times because they come when you least expect it.

There is such a giant gap between creating something and just thinking about creating something.
Trevor is an OBVIOUS con artist.
And he's clearly not very intelligent either, so I guarantee there is a bigger, smarter, behind-the-scenes con artist pulling his strings.
Trevor should be ashamed, but isn't, which reveals either sociopathy or narcissism.

And he's clearly not very intelligent either, so I guarantee there is a bigger, smarter, behind-the-scenes con artist pulling his strings.
Trevor should be ashamed, but isn't, which reveals either sociopathy or narcissism.
The 'real' ones that should be ashamed are the people that plunk down their hard earned $$ to buy NKLA stock believing in his promises.

Hand me 70 million or so in cash and I'm pretty sure I could get over being ashamed too.

Maybe the Natural Gas Industry perhaps?.....................where perhaps as much as up to 95% of our 'clean' hydrogen is currently produced. They might need a big red herring at the moment. At this point one almost doesn't even need a very big aluminum hat to theorize that Nikoli is just a shell that was created in hopes that it would slow down the Paradigm shift to cleaner EV's . But Trevor is a few astronaut recoveries short of a full charge at this point for anyone to still take him seriously or think he can compete with Elon..............kind of like after Mark Speigel bragged about watching his computer while sitting on the toilet brushing his teeth.

I honestly couldn't, not if my face was attached to it like his is.
I'd be fine with looking stupid on video, heck I do that for free fairly often. Outright lying to people would not work. Of course that's what I say now, most of us would be sorely tempted with a briefcase of money in front of us.
Maybe the Natural Gas Industry perhaps?.....................w
Not impossible. It's been obvious for years that hydrogen was just a delaying tactic to keep EVs from going mainstream.

Not gonna lie, hearing that phrase gave me a few chills realizing it was the first of many to come... and thinking how long they’ve been waiting to use it. Achievement unlocked.
I forgot exactly what the commentator said as they towed the nested capsule from the deck to the "egress" area, something like that ride was as smooth as one in a Tesla...

It's instructive to realize that Warren Buffet hasn't outperformed the S&P 500 for decades.

Not true: BRK-B Interactive Stock Chart | Berkshire Hathaway Inc. Stock - Yahoo Finance

The reason traditional value investing is dead is because everyone has so much more information now. Buffet made his fortune in a different era where investing was the province of a few wealthy individuals. Now anyone with a Robinhood account can YOLO some stinks. So now you just buy Big Tech like everyone else besides that's what keeps getting bigger.

Buffet himself pointed out that his version of value investing was bad from his very first purchase of a company called "Berkshire Hathaway." His philosophy then was to buy "cigar butts," companies with just one puff left in them that were valued as having no puffs.

Size is one of Buffett's problems now, as he admits: Investng success guide

Warren Buffett & small investor advantages
1. Big return difference
2. Oh yes! Size matters!
3. Faster growth numbers
4. Liquidity advantage
5. Play pecking order
6. New listings and startups

The other is that in this day of technology, Buffett doesn't understand what's going on, and has admitted as such.

Maybe the Natural Gas Industry perhaps?.....................where perhaps as much as up to 95% of our 'clean' hydrogen is currently produced. They might need a big red herring at the moment. At this point one almost doesn't even need a very big aluminum hat to theorize that Nikoli is just a shell that was created in hopes that it would slow down the Paradigm shift to cleaner EV's . But Trevor is a few astronaut recoveries short of a full charge at this point for anyone to still take him seriously or think he can compete with Elon..............kind of like after Mark Speigel bragged about watching his computer while sitting on the toilet brushing his teeth.

Well they are bidding up that turd today.

Edit 1: +21% today at 3:45pm.
Edit 2: each share bought means one share sold.

Last edited:
Well they are bidding up that turd today.

Everyone's excited to hear Trevor Milton talk on the conference call.....

upload_2020-8-3_12-48-45.png

Wait a minute... what's that you say? He's not going to be on the conference call? What? He's at Turks and Caicos vacationing at 'his new home'?

upload_2020-8-3_12-49-16.png

Ok, nvm... I have no idea why stock is up 20% day before their earnings call.

Attachments

• upload_2020-8-3_12-48-37.png
    upload_2020-8-3_12-48-37.png
    92.5 KB · Views: 54

There are many things one can say about Nikola, but their strategy is to purchase and install Electrolyzers, which generate Hydrogen from water and electricity, from a company called Nel Hydrogen ASA. Nel is a legit company.

Nikola has many issues around the investment capital needed to build not only the trucks, but the refueling infrastructure, the truth of getting electricity from renewable sources at "overflow" rates under $0.02/KWh, the startup time needed even after trucks are built before a route is utilized enough to be profitable even should those electricity rates be achievable, etc.

Unless you're claiming that Nikola will use Steam Reforming of Natural Gas to create the hydrogen as as "stop gap" measure - which I wouldn't put past Trevor Milton anyway.

I'd be fine with looking stupid on video, heck I do that for free fairly often. Outright lying to people would not work. Of course that's what I say now, most of us would be sorely tempted with a briefcase of money in front of us.

I hope you're joking. It's only money. I would like to think most of us have enough integrity to not even be tempted. I know I wouldn't be, not even a smidgen. Not when I was 18 years old and not at 57 years.