Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's not how it works, though. Naïvely extrapolating the sales of hot, new item during phase-in is a foolish thing to do.

Plus, China has >130.000.000 potential customers for the Model 3 in China, according to Vincent.

In a market like that, 3.000 cars per week are alright – even very good for western standards – but far from being a ****ing Tsunami.

Context.

Taking a look here: China: automobile sales by month 2018 | Statistic

It looks like Chinese car sales dip quite a bit in Feb(and July? Ok.). Combine that with limited quantities available, long wait times, and the store not being the only(or most efficient) way to order one, and that sounds pretty good to me.

We want addressable demand, not demand that’s going to leave hundreds of thousands of people waiting years for their cars(*ahem*).

That's not how it works, though. Naïvely extrapolating the sales of hot, new item during phase-in is a foolish thing to do.

Plus, China has >130.000.000 potential customers for the Model 3 in China, according to Vincent.

In a market like that, 3.000 cars per week are alright – even very good for western standards – but far from being a ****ing Tsunami.

Context.

you're comparing the Model 3 (a $72,000 car in China at the moment) to a car that costs $25k and has a 30kWh battery? which one of us is missing the context again?

Context.

Arguably, a tsunami is in reference to the area it is flooding - i.e. Tesla production

• Funny
Reactions: KarenRei
you're comparing the Model 3 (a $72,000 car in China at the moment) to a car that costs $25k and has a 30kWh battery?

No, I did not. But thanks for putting words in my mouth.

which one of us is missing the context again?

I did not say you where missing the context – I was just referring to the EV market potential in China.

In fact, according to Vincent, there are >130.000.000 potential customers for the Model 3, so the current projections floating around right now point to "being well on track" for a respectable market saturation but IMO nothing that would be surprising or overwhelming (the figurative definition of a Tsunami).

I mean, did all of you guys expect Tesla to sell less than that in China?

No, I did not. But thanks for putting words in my mouth.

I did not say you where missing the context – I was just referring to the EV market potential in China.

In fact, according to Vincent, there are >130.000.000 potential customers for the Model 3, so the current projections floating around right now point to "being well on track" for a respectable market saturation but IMO nothing that would be surprising or overwhelming (the figurative definition of a Tsunami).

I mean, did all of you guys expect Tesla to sell less than that in China?

Did you honestly expect them to sell more? how many $72,000 cars do YOU think Tesla should be selling in China?

OMG OMG OMG just received THE sms from Tesla to schedule delivery of the MDL3 in Zürich for THE 22.2.19 OMG OG thats this Friday !!! Where's the bigger CapsLock when you need them ?... Needless to sy I'm totally exited, thats sort of a month earlier than I expected in my wildest dreams.
Back to "on topic" this must help the Sp to rise, no ? /S

Replying to my own comment.. what I'm not sure how to reconcile is that Telsa said they had 1,010 Model 3s in inventory at the end of 2018. Any thoughts?

So, at most, Tesla is keeping 1 week's worth of Model 3 production staged in a delivery queue, so that anyone who orders a Model 3 in the US can have it within 1-2 weeks? How exactly do you spin that as a bad message? :confused:

Tobia Sloth‏ @norse_creative
My garage is where Tesla Denmark deliveries are happening ! All these are going out tomorrow. Another 30 units at bottom fl. of the garage for next 2 days delivering 10-20 units per day, they plan on keeping deliveries from here next few months for the initial rush ..

DzuxUcNW0AAB6PM.jpg

DzuxUcMW0AQ6ofy.jpg

DzuxUcGWwAAmwjG.jpg

DzuxUcNXcAAgFIQ.jpg

5:15 PM - 18 Feb 2019
Tobia Sloth on Twitter