Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Concerns over the little investors could well just be a way to save face. I'm sure he's grateful for the support but if going private furthers the mission, my guess is that he would quickly make sure they got a decent return by buying at a premium and delisting the company.

He could have done it before but did not, citing that reason so why should he now?

Reactions: CorneliusXX
Oh wow, your options expiry and communications questions are worth gold:

"Your decision to de-recommend the Model 3 - released just before TSLA options expiry - caused the stock to plunge ten points and caused significant losses for investors. Not everyone was so unlucky, however. One person - seemingly inexplicably at the time - bought 8,600 $295 PUT contracts at $1.90, only 2 days prior to expiration. The "inexplicable" trade suddenly became explicable, because shortly thereafter your report came out. If they sold near the end of the day, they earned over $2 million dollars on that trade."

"We know that you informed numerous news sources that you had upcoming news. It appears, on the face of it, that your news "leaked" from one of them, and allowed a short seller to profit off of everyone else's misery. Do you feel any guilt over this? Do you accept that your ratings changes are material nonpublic information? Do you have any plans to tighten your communications policies?"​

Too bad they very likely won't answer that one. If you agree with Karen's questions and if you are on Reddit then it needs as many upvotes as possible.

Please don't down-vote the CR answers, be polite.

Karen, the options issue should be sent to the SEC for investigation into insider trading. Ask them to investigate CR and the news organizations it contacted for market manipulation and insider trading.

I am laughing reading that reddit AMA. I see so many of the same names there as here. Plus, the lack of an answer to some of those basic, well thought out questions about their methodology.

Love it.
Totally dodged the question of how they manage to come up with a 2/5 overall rating when all the components of the rating are 4/5 or 5/5. I mean, you'd think they'd at least explain their math.

A Florida man died after his Tesla Model S crashed and caught fire

Wow what a bad day for Tesla. This guy apparently died because the airbags and door handles trapped him inside of the car, suffocating him in a horrible death. I sure hope other Tesla's don't cause similar fate's to their passengers...

if only you were capable of being honest -- this man's death made you so giddy that you you rushed to repost it here the moment you saw it. i hope you lie awake at night racked with anxiety and guilt about the kind of person you know yourself to be deep down.

Why was this person banned?

long pattern of disingenuous trolling, i assume.

Um... don't police officers in the US have... you know... guns?

Even if they can't physically break the glass with the barrel, can't they... you know, shoot it out?

Aren't they trained to shoot guns accurately enough so as not to accidentally shoot a person who's not moving, from point blank range? I mean, even a Star Wars storm trooper isn't that bad of a shot...

Shooting out glass is something you see in the movies. Shooting anywhere into a car is a bad proposition due to all the random things that you can hit or that the bullet could ricochet off. Glass breaker or even nearby rock is much better option. Plenty of regular people rescue kids/dogs trapped in hot cars in the summer time without having to shoot out the windows.

Besides, as far as the assertion that average police have enough training to safely do something like that......

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

(Note he tells the students he's the only one safe enough to have a gun)

And then this gem;

NYPD: 9 shooting bystander victims hit by police gunfire

And I could probably find about 1,000 more of these stories if I was bored.

So, yeah, the myth that cops are the ones safe to handle guns is a myth.

In a curious way, we once had the issue of "what will happen if EM tweets again?" Now that has happened and it seems the most likely negative action is another hefty fine. So now that risk is better defined, the stock action can continue without that unknown... a plus!
I don't know if Twitter has this functionality already (or some other app) - there should be a way Musk tweets what he wants but it needs to be authorized by a lawyer before it gets posted. They just need a group of 3 or 4 lawyers taking turns - and Musk anyway tends to tweet in the evenings - who can quickly check and authorize in minutes. They would have caught this tweet and asked Musk to clarify/modify.

I hope they agree to something like this because of this SEC case.

Whoever user "veganinsight" is on the Consumer Reports AMA, my kudos to them - they posted a well-phrased question and got the CR guy to acknowledge that some improvements in their methodology might be warranted:

upload_2019-2-26_17-59-14.png

Another idea, help journalists uncover the corruption. Not every journalist is on the oil/ICE bankroll.
Jennifer Sensiba on Twitter
We had some seriously solid documentation of market manipulation by bears a few months back -- can someone dig that up and send it to her?

Also someone should send her the information about the puts which were bought most-likely-using inside information from Consumer Reports. As examples of what the SEC is NOT investigating.

(I'm not currently on Twitter so someone else please do it).

The crazy thing is, if it rises much more it'll be beating NASDAQ, which is down 0,28%. Can you imagine the spin on CNBC? ;)

I can only interpret this as there's been a mass of cash wanting to get into this stock at a good price right before the bond payments. There's no other logic that makes sense to me.

ED: Beating NASDAQ!

View attachment 380694
My guess is that a certain swing trading institutional investor that halved their position might see this as the pendulum moving in the other direction.