Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
m5akbh3cj7m21.jpg
Looks pretty good imo.

Why is it that nobody can get past their own agenda and bias to form a truly objective opinion? It's the same for the Tesla haters and the Tesla lovers.

why are the only "objective" opinions ones that agree with you? in my objective opinion, it's fantastic. my only disappointment is that it won't be available until fall of 2020.

PS what the heck is an "objective opinion"? aren't opinions inherently subjective?

Why do Tesla SUVs have to look like an egg or an oval? Why couldn't they do something like the Nissan Murano or the Lexus RX350? Those are 2 very nice looking SUVs. This thing is horrendous.
Why do you have to keep posting clueless comments? IT'S BASIC AERODYNAMICS! You're incredibly dense, you complain that they didn't have an impossible to build 400 mile version yet you're rambling on about the looks, which are crucial to getting as much range as they can.

Essentially, it's a scaled down Model X with a Model 3 nose.

I'm sorry to go on and on, but that thing is a dud.
Believe me, they are not going to publish the # of reservations for the MY like they did for M3.

Dont think the demand will be that great. There was not much to talk about MY so they had to fill the presentation with rehash of history and only 5 min. of MY.

Model Y exterior is as I expected, but I am surprised at the 7 seat option. I imagine they’ll offer a 6 seat option (2 bucket seats in the middle) in the future. If i was buying today, I’d definitely replace our 6 seater Highlander Hybrid with the Model Y.

As an investor, little disappointed at the late 2020 production start. My hope is that they have learned from past mistakes and expect to actually start producing with some volume at that time.

• Helpful
Reactions: X Fan and SteveG3
I think it looks great. I'm ordering one tomorrow .

I can guarantee you sales of the Y will dwarf the Model 3. Market may freak as there will be people who delay purchase for the Y but long term investors should take solace in the fact that Tesla is about to hit the "traditional" automakers right where it hurts .... and they will hurt.

Cheers to the longs.

BTW, I love the guy but Elon has to be one of the worst public speakers I've ever heard .... after watching the Model3 unveiling I expected no better but salesman he is not. Thank goodness he has a product that sells itself.

Looks like share price will be down since there wasn't anything new disclosed. If anything, Model Y production is further out than probably many expected so it won't add to sales for a long while.

Another two years of FUD about competition and Tesla Killers.