Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agree. I mean, it will probably sell fine, but the models are now all looking rather similar, due to the aerodynamics. Need better battery tech to allow both greater range and to ease up a bit on the gumdrop shape to allow for more diverse body styling.
300 miles is more than enough range. 200 miles range is more than enough for the average person.

Believe me, they are not going to publish the # of reservations for the MY like they did for M3.

Dont think the demand will be that great. There was not much to talk about MY so they had to fill the presentation with rehash of history and only 5 min. of MY.

I think you missed the point when Elon said the model Y would sell more than the rest of S3X combined!

• Informative
Reactions: lklundin
I also stand by my pre-reveal conjecture: those 6th & 7th seats are extremely unlikely to be appropriate for most NoAm adults. I'd say likely to be okay for junior high school age and below. To the extent that's correct, is it an appropriate CapEx investment to offer this option? Honest question; I've no good sense how that would pencil out.

I also stand by my pre-reveal conjecture: those 6th & 7th seats are extremely unlikely to be appropriate for most NoAm adults. I'd say likely to be okay for junior high school age and below. To the extent that's correct, is it an appropriate CapEx investment to offer this option? Honest question; I've no good sense how that would pencil out.

It'll be a popular option in Utah

My new car*

*In 2 years

Attachments

• A0D08B9B-D364-4B57-97DC-D0FC97E34F22.jpeg
    A0D08B9B-D364-4B57-97DC-D0FC97E34F22.jpeg
    288.9 KB · Views: 82
The presentation about Tesla history was good. Helps set the record straight for the public.

MY reveal somewhat less than expected. But did the trick for me nonetheless.

Reservation secured.

Was surprised that the reservation page included the full config. Config screens all done and ready. Including pricing. Wonder if that will hold up until the actual delivery or if it will go through changes in the next 1 1/2 years leading up to delivery (probably).