Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just saw an Elizabeth Warren post promoting the ‘musk rakes in $2.3b’ story. What’s a good write up to post as a reply.

When Elizabeth Warren increases the US GDP by 1800% and saves the world from climate change, she'll deserve $2.3B as well. Hell, she deserves 10x that amount if she can do that.

Right.

Only thing I'd add is - this potentially helps Fiat by getting it access to Renault (and Nissan) EV technology. For eg. they may be able to sell more Zoe/Leaf in Italy or make Fiat branded EVs fairly quickly. But with a mega merger like this - everything takes a long time and nothing changes for 2020.
If you combine two losers without support for a vigorous plan for transformation, you just get a bigger loser. Unless the French and Italian governments plan to subsidize the new entity, and EU rules could be an obstacle to that, success requires an overhaul: closing unneeded plants, furloughing unneeded workers; revamping the product lineup with expensive refit of plants that are retained; and paying Asian companies for batteries that in effect replace parts their workers used to build. Are the governments and labor unions going to agree on these things?

Also Nissan will be a challenge. The French govt wants to maintain the Nissan alliance and the Japanese govt wants rid of Renault.

Looks like a big mess to me. Penn Central RR.

Last edited:
Some Holiday weekend musings:

1) some horrific wrong way accidents here in the States this weekend (RIP to the victims). It ran the gamut from drunks to elderly drivers. AP may have its shortcomings but a mature version can’t come soon enough.

2) Tesla needs to continue to emphasize the low cost post sale ownership of its vehicles. My wife’s 3+ year old Porsche Macan is due for its “extensive” service. Lol, $2,100 for this service. My Y on order can’t come soon enough.

To my fellow veterans, thanks for your service! I would be remiss if I didn’t remember our fallen heroes.

Last edited:
This video is amazing in so many ways.

After watching this - how can anyone seriously say that certain segments of the media are just flat out lying about Tesla. Question is who is influencing and paying for this type of journalism?

Wow. Unreal.

Holy batman!! Look at the like to dislike ratio and the comments!! So I thought it was worth pointing this out to her on twitter
.@lisamarie_lynn - your fact-free $TSLA reporting sucked so bad that you got 89 likes aaand.... 1,000 dislikes

D7m5AU-UcAAmvs9.png

EDIT: I am trying to guess who is this banned concern troll that replied to my tweet ( profile says "Banned by Tesla Investors Club").

therottenrook on Twitter

Last edited:
Don't worry about day traders who sell short exactly half of the time.
Worry about institutional investers who are sick to their stomach over Tesla and even losing their job over recommending/buying it. They were selling. Employees such as Kimbal were selling.
It's a ba stock to own right now, it doesn't look like it's properly bottomed yet. Smart money got out a while ago.
Honest question - if smart money got out. Who is paying your consultant fees to post on forums like this?

Honest question - if smart money got out. Who is paying your consultant fees to post on forums like this?
You make honest a four-letter word.
I'm an avid Tesla supporter, almost enlisted for the cause. Deeply disappointed with the way they say no to good money, ignore what the customer base actually needs in a car, decides to not have any more employees than necessary, robots FTW, goal to unemploy all professional drivers, not make the most of tech and GF1 headstart, etc, etc.

Worry about institutional investers who are sick to their stomach over Tesla and even losing their job over recommending/buying it. They were selling. Employees such as Kimbal were selling.
It's a ba stock to own right now, it doesn't look like it's properly bottomed yet. Smart money got out a while ago.
Do you know why this is trollish ? You are talking about things you could have no idea about and it's all to create FUD.

No institutional support, eh? How come then the institutional investors said the following /sarc :

"While other automobile manufacturers spend significantly on purchased media, i.e. advertising, Tesla spends exactly nothing !!!! Elon's genius is in remaining relevant through his Twitter commentary about his cars and being transparent about his company in dialogues with Tesla's customers and employees." - Ron Baron, Baron Funds

"We have said in discussions with Tesla that, if they decided to raise capital, we would understand it and be prepared to back it, which remains the case." - James Anderson, Baillie Gifford

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Do you know why this is trollish ? You are talking about things you could have no idea about and it's all to create FUD.
People who call FUD just love to dig up posting history.
Start reading mine. From the absolute start.
Guess the date I got called by a hedge fund with an amzing offer to wash all your's brains?
Please get over yourself and look out of the Matrix window. It's right there.

Potential solution to the 80% supercharger thingy; increase price progressively (and significantly) for every minute after the 80% level has been reached. Apply progressive price increase to the idling fee as well. Warn the user every X minutes about the elevated price and the accumulated fee.
Many Provinces in Canada already require that Tesla bills by the minute for supercharging. It is consequently more expensive the slower the charge rate as SOC approaches 100%.

Ironically, under these rules the 100 KWh packs are cheaper to charge than the 75 KWh packs, since they are able to charge faster. :rolleyes:

But you can always minimize your charging cost on roadtrips by Supercharging starting from 10% SOC to ~60% or the charge required to reach the next Supercharger enroute, plus your personal reserve and intentions at your destination.

Best part? The charging network gets denser (and greener) every year. :D

Cheers!

View attachment 412691
Your support is perhaps there but based on your posting record - looks like you aren’t really that good of a supporter. A troll dressed as a concern bull is next level boss level for sure.
You must be so proud of yourself.
How many downvotes would a sane outspoken person get over at David Koresh's place?
I'm telling it like I see it and I call BS on lack of common sense and outright blind worship.
I don't consider any car but a Model S but I will not bowto a lesser informed majority. No-one should.

I'm going to guess it's just something to announce the exterior structure of GF3 is complete.

That's not really a surprise announcement, is it? The local authorities have stated consistently since January that the structure would be complete in May. That's Friday May 31 on Shanghai time (which is Thursday in the U.S.). Just because nobody on Wall St believed it doesn't make the news a surprise (c.f. 2018Q3 results).

A 'surprise' would be more like, oh say perhaps:
  • Construction on GF3 Phase 2 will begin on _____
  • Model Y assembly is planned for _____
  • New battery factory announced for _____
But remember, "Nobody expects the Spanish Giguisition." :p

Cheers!

Guys - please consider the ignore function. I don't know who you are responding to, but unless you truly think they are providing some valuable info here, please assist with limiting garbage posts. We need less noise here.