Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 prices in China are low versus comparable cars. Everybody saying otherwise does not look at facts. Chinese who are disappointed may have fallen in the trap to believe in even lower prices as they are now.

"The average price on a new passenger vehicle sold in China was about $55k USD in 2019 Model 3 Made in China Starts at just $41,000 USD after savings"

Steve Jobs on Twitter

There is something really really wrong with that tweet.

Come on, people. Don’t just copy what Steve Jobs said.

A comment on the price in Australia: FSD is priced at A$7100, which is very close to US$5000. And in the US the price recently increased from $5000 to $6000. I’m guessing they priced it like this because Elon said everyone would have a chance to order at the old price, and that the price will soon go up to the equivalent of US$6000.

Needless to say I hurried up and placed an order for an SR+ with FSD. With the stock price down, and having just placed an order for a very expensive (for me) car, I’m feeling poor. I had planned to finance some of the Model 3 by selling some TSLA, but I really don’t want to sell right now.

Next I should look into charging, and finding a place for all the sugar that’s currently occupying the garage.

On the Tesla site you can now select the option to view the price sans "savings". I like how they did it, a pretty cool and functional solution imo.

Confirmed. Kudos to Tesla for finally fixing this. The old method was sleazy and I was tired of having to try to defend/explain it. The new one still defaults to showing pricing after 'savings' that may or may not exist, but it's much more transparent and can easily be disabled. IMO this is a much better implementation.

It appears Tesla is selling sr+ and perf models and skipping lr awd in many of the newer markets(RHD?). The perf model is slotting in at the lr awd price so therefore discounted. A lot of strange missing combinations of white interior and tire size and so on.

I dunno about all this hyperoptimization chess playing.
Considering the LR AWD is just a software nerfed performance model they probably thought they'd get better margin this way or are at least trying it.