Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was down near Fremont today so stopped at the factory supercharger and cruised by the staging lot. Probably about a dozen trucks loading/loaded, more waiting, and lot nearly full with cars ready to load. They dont seem to have cancelled Q3 yet.

Q3's not "over" on the production side until they start sending cars to Pier 80 rather than down the highway. :) Any clue where they were going?

• Informative
Reactions: Carl Raymond
BTW., Porsche PR apparently insists (but not on record ...) that they only stripped the Taycan interior of rear seats and interior to counter the mass increase of their roll cage.

But a roll cage isn't overly heavy, a fiber one is I think below 50 kg, and carbon-fiber roll cages exist as well:

Plus the Taycan is a small car so requires a smaller roll cage.

So what curb weight did the Porsche Taycan have on their 7:42 run, exactly? I presume Porsche used the car weight scales at the Nürburgring that racing officials are using. Why isn't Porsche disclosing the exact weight measurement the machine performed?
Who is more trustworthy? I would not trust VW Group as far as I could throw a Taycan.
All this talk about what type of car ran what time on a track most will never see.
Yeah I get the whole Halo thing but it seem much dodo about nothing too me.

Plus we have one company that has proven multiple times they are a lying sack of sh@t.
And one company doing it's absolute best to change the world.

Okay, I've been being IMHO extremely patient with you (some other people have already started blocking you), but you're STILL making claims about the cars without providing any piece of photo evidence showing what you're claiming? After all this? This is going beyond annoying.

Either kindly show a picture that clearly shows missing rear and jump seats, or please bugger off somewhere else. Thanks. Not "here's some vague silhouette that I'm interpreting as a roll cage which I'm then going to use to interpret that there's no rear seats" - an actual picture of what you're claiming.

Source: Paul Tan - Image 1015449

TesNur1.jpg

TesNur2.jpg

TesNur3.jpg

TesNur4.jpg

Attachments

• TesNur3.jpg
    TesNur3.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 45
  • TesNur3.jpg
    TesNur3.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

1) I literally enhanced the contrast that very picture you posted on the bottom the last time you posted it, and you can see the headrest. Do I seriously have to do this again? Here's your "missing headrest" on your "missing rear seats"

TesNur4.jpg

2) I asked for an unambiguous picture of missing rear seats if you plan to keep stating as a matter of fact that the seats are removed - and if you can't do it, then to please bugger off somewhere else. You did nothing of the sort, and indeed, reposted a bunch of ambiguous pictures showing the passenger seat clearly and the rear headrest ambiguously.

In short: please bugger off somewhere else.

Last edited:
1) I literally enhanced the contrast that very picture you posted on the bottom the last time you posted it, and you can see the headrest. Do I seriously have to do this again? Here's your "missing headrest" on your "missing rear seats"

View attachment 457902

2) I asked for an unambiguous picture of missing rear seats if you plan to keep stating as a matter of fact that the seats are removed - and if you can't do it, then to please bugger off somewhere else. You did nothing of the sort, and indeed, reposted pictures showing the passenger seat and the rear headrest.

In short: please bugger off somewhere else.

TesNur5.png

800 kWh for 500 mile range would be incredible. He mentioned < 2 kWh / mile, so hitting 1.6 would be quite a milestone.

However, he’s also recently mentioned closer to 600 than 500 miles, so 800 kWh or less seems too good to be true:)
A quick google search produced a fuel consumption for 40 ton trucks as 32 liter / 100 km. My last diesel car used about 6.5 l on average but I sometimes managed to get it down to 4 l going at a steady 100 km/h. It was 200 kg lighter than my Model 3 btw.
Estimating the Diesel truck consumption as 8x of a Diesel passenger car is rather on the high end of the range, 6x is probably closer to reality.
Even this conservative estimate of 8 times M3 consumption gives us 120 kWh/100 km. With a considerably better drag coefficient (than conventional semis), I think 100 kWh / 100 km (or 1.6 per mile) is not out of reach.

Okay, I've been being IMHO extremely patient with you (some other people have already started blocking you), but you're STILL making claims about the cars without providing any piece of photo evidence showing what you're claiming? After all this? This is going beyond annoying.

Either kindly show a picture that clearly shows missing rear and jump seats, or please bugger off somewhere else. Thanks. Not "here's some vague silhouette that I'm interpreting as a roll cage which I'm then going to use to interpret that there's no rear seats" - an actual picture of what you're claiming.
IMO We're deep into "Someone is wrong on the Internet" here. @KarenRei there are better uses for your time.

fzdfdsa
I don’t get this discussion. Why is someone trying to prove that the (red) Tesla at the Nürburgring had a roll cage when it is clear from pictures that the Taycan at the Nürburgring also had a roll cage?

TSLAQ thoery of the day: "Plaid mode Model S has no back seat to save on cost. TSLA bankwupt soon.

I think Tesla/Panasonic/Sumitomo's current NCA cathode chemistry is Nickel 93% Cobalt 5% and Aluminium 2%.
What's your source for this ratio? The only cell analysis I've seen (not counting Jack Rickard unwinding a cell for show and tell) was this 2017 JECS paper. These cells came out of a Model S that was in service for 6 months, so probably a late 2015/early 2016 build. They found a standard 80/15/5 NCA mix. They also found no silicon in the anode. I expect Tesla tweaked the chemistry since then, but 93% Ni would be a pretty major change that should affect specific energy and such more than we've seen.
I would guess Tesla will need more LG cells in a China SR+ battery pack relative to the Panasonic GF1 cells in SR+ in the US, likely requiring slight changes to the China module/pack design.
Or the inexpensive Chinese version could be a true SR, with 10% less range.
I expect this is only a temporary measure before Tesla builds cells in-house.
I don't see Tesla building cells in China for years, if ever.