Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$180 to $380 in 6 months

And in a few months.... Battery Investor Day!

Elon has said they aim to increase cell production to 2 TWh. We have some info on the battery technologies and production techniques that can help get CP there. But we don't know how, where or most important how fast next gen Tesla batteries can ramp and when ramp milestones might be. Timing of those would impact on whether what's revealed impacts SP in short to medium term. Unlike this year's Autonomy Investor Day.

If that ramp can outstrip Tesla's in house needs, why would they not sell the surplus to ICE manufacturers entering EV market without battery supply needed to produce good EVs in quantity? Tesla would still have cost advantage because it will be making a very lucrative profit on the batteries sold to those who need them. It's greater efficiency would still keep some range advantage. And of course it matches mission goal to drive ICE to EV transition as fast as possible.

Last edited:
Watching the Closing Bell on CNBC. Did you know Micron was a buy and up a huge $1.75/share. Boeing for some reason is down $14/sh. FedEx and GE are down for reasons no one really cares. Not much else going on today apparently. HAHAHAHAHAHA
Finally mention TSLA. Did you know they are only making the lowest end Model 3 in China with very low margins? And the markets are up for the year so yes TSLA should be up a bit. So what's the big deal? Talking heads seemed kinda constipated. Wonder what the problem was?

upload_2019-12-16_16-1-13.png

NICE CLOSE
Covering some last minute margin calls ?

It sounds like Trump doesn’t know that the current credit system puts German and Korean cars at an advantage over American cars. If so, Democrats are not doing a good enough job of pushing the right buttons. Just ask Trump if he wants to make Germany and Korea great again, or if he prefers to make America great again.
I know for sure Trump wants to make Oil great again

Since June, it's gone from <6% of portfolio to, as of today, 10.2% of my total portfolio. So to stay within my plan, and keeping with buy-low-and-sell-high strategy, I should sell some of my TSLA.

Must. Sell. TSLA.
Must. Sell. TSLA.
Must. Sell. TSLA.
Can't. Sell. TSLA.
Can't. Sell. TSLA.
Can't. Sell. TSLA.
This is so hard!

giphy.gif

I've been an avid investor for the past 30 years and my observation is that most "common sense" investment advice and "rules of thumb" are just plain wrong! Portfolio balancing falls at the top of the list. Sure, if you want mediocre returns and can't stomach a little volatility, balance your portfolio, sell your biggest winners and be glad that your balance never moves very much. :rolleyes:

I never would have retired at age 37 if I had sold off portions of my biggest winners as they took over my portfolio. Sell your winners when they are done outperforming the market and not before! :cool:

I've been an avid investor for the past 30 years and my observation is that most "common sense" investment advice and "rules of thumb" are just plain wrong! Portfolio balancing falls at the top of the list. Sure, if you want mediocre returns and can't stomach a little volatility, balance your portfolio, sell your biggest winners and be glad that your balance never moves very much. :rolleyes:

I never would have retired at age 37 if I had sold off portions of my biggest winners as they took over my portfolio. Sell your winners when they are done outperforming the market and not before! :cool:
I'm only 30 but I can cosign everything you're saying.
My only holding is Tesla and that's why I'm killing it this year

It's a stealth bull run - top secret. For your eyes only.

There will be plenty of time to cover this story after it's already happened. ;)
Serves anyone right for getting their investment news from a rag like CNBC.
Bought a lotto ticket 12/20 400C 10 minutes before close. It's already up 50% lol.
My mid December calls closed worthless and I was expecting the same for 12/20 and 12/27 but now.... Christmas is early!