Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bizarre price action for the day after Christmas. Is there an end of the year angle to margin accounts or something? If this is today....WTF does tomorrow look like?

As the share price rises, additional numbers of short selling accounts reach their margin limits. In addition to enforced covering of short sellers' margin accounts, during the remaining days of the year, we will likely see some end of quarter "window dressing". That's the tendency of money managers to load up on the quarter's winning stocks and prune away the losers. This is so that the snapshots of their end of quarter holdings make it appear as though they had been smart all quarter long. It may sound silly, nevertheless they do it. :cool:

Last edited:
Yes I know, but I’ve been skeptical, thinking this has been primarily fueled by covering as I can’t believe there are so many bone-headed short interests out there.

Yet again, I have overestimated that part of humanity :)

Feel free to ask me next time you become skeptical about the bone-headedness of humanity. Happy to recalibrate you.

A financial advisor I know the other week told me "Tesla is at 381! Why aren't you selling??"
I was like
Maybe I'm just lucky... to have found this place where I can get amazing info.
Thank you all

I've never met a financial advisor I thought had a clue. Generally after talking to them I'm thinking, WTF? Managing someone else's money is big responsibility (much more so than someone managing their own) and this person is acting all knowledgable and yet they have no real idea what they are talking about.

The bottom line is that an excellent money manager isn't going to spend their time teaching others how to manage money (because they can make more actually managing money). So everyone with qualifications has learned from someone who isn't good at managing money!

$78B Market Cap

upload_2019-12-26_7-39-14.png

well, while I loved reading that I wouldn't go so far as to say it is mainstream media finally rejecting the FUD narrative. That was an opinion piece and all kinds of those get published. When Linette Lopez, Claudia Assis, Lora Kolodny, Dana Hull, or one of their ilk writes something like that... Okay, then we can talk about the mainstream media rejecting the FUD narrative.
Well, that has a snowball's chance. However, we hardly ever see any opposing opinion piece in mainstream media.

That doesn't address the amount of FSD revenue that accrues each quarter from each quarter's sales. It's a moving target.

I also don't understand your usage of the word "accrue" in that sentence.
They have ~500 million in reserves form delivered FSD features. This shows up in deposits I believe. Tesla will move about 25% of that reserve to earnings each quarter as new features are added.

sorry, accrue was the wrong word.