Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shortzes and Technical traders are fighting to hold SP at the Upper Bollinger Band (~$491 right now). That'll provide some capping effect momentarily, but the Upper-BB is being dragged up by about $5 per day right now. So by Friday (2 days) its likely the Upper-BB will exceed $500. Then a new flood of momentum buyers will rush in. Overall, Bad News for the Bears. ;)

EDIT: 352,348 shares of TSLA traded @ ASP $489.89 in the Pre-market by 08:00 EST. Shortzes making their last stand today? Seems like PANNICK AT THE DISCO... :p

EDIT2: Pre-market SP up $9 in 30 min as a new class of Traders comes into the paddock: (can't keep up) :rolleyes:

View attachment 498206

Don’t be silly. I have it under good authority there will be a sell off at $485ish.

*cough* Model Y *cough*? ;)

Also, Tesla has managed to keep squeezing more and more out of Model 3 production every quarter. I do expect that there's limits to how high they can - or want to - go, of course. They can also up S/X production.

Everyone always forgets storage.... storage is going to be one of Tesla's biggest markets in the long term, particularly grid-scale. Probably nearly as big as automotive in the long run.

But yes, Tesla Energy (incl. solar) should, on average, have significant growth each quarter, higher on average than automotive.

And if you see how blind-sided Wall Steet has been with Tesla’s car business, imagine how clueless they are on the rest...

There's a reason. Only certain priviledged classes of traders are allowed into the Pre-market before 08:00 hrs EST. Those are the bigger hedge funds for example, who where dragging the SP down into the ~488 region.

When more classes of traders are allowed into the Pre-market at 08:00 hrs, look what happened: POP!

View attachment 498206

Cheers!

This is the case with my broker, I can trade in pre-market only from 14:00 local time (market opens at 15:30)

Huge pre-market volume implies big volume in main market, implies another good day.

Can anybody explain what the squeeze could look like? I did some reading on the VW/Porsche squeeze which was a result of massive options being accumulated by Porsche which lowered the shares available to trade to lower than the short interest. How does that compare to the current situation? Did short interest get released yesterday? And what is the available float now?

Bad times for fans of #BatGate ;)

Alex on Twitter

"According to species protection law, there are no obstacles to clearing, added Axel Steffen, another representative of the ministry in the committee. There are hardly any winter quarters for bats in the forest."

Excellent news, and very big deal actually.

In the same twitter thread: list of major German project that got delayed for years, or completely stopped for things like dung beetles and similar: Diese Tiere und Pflanzen haben Großbauprojekte gestoppt - DER SPIEGEL - Wissenschaft

Logic prevailed, plus probably (almost surely) Berlin task force intervention - conclusion: "yes there are some bats, but guys, don't be ridiculous" :)

The fact that this is a new, post WWII human planted forest, for the purposes of cutting, made this possible. The trees would have been cut anyway, bats and fireants and lions and tigers included, so why be difficult now? Seems Tesla did their homework well :)

Ihor Dusaniwsky on Twitter

$TSLA short int is $13.69bn ; 27.82mm shs shorted; 20.79% of float; 0.30% borrow fee. Shs shorted up +464k shs, +1.7%, over last 30 days as price rose +45% & up +132k shs,+0.5%, last week. Shorts down -$2.02bn in January mark-to-market losses after being down -$632mm yesterday.

Losers.

$TSLA short int is $13.69bn ; 27.82mm shs shorted; 20.79% of float; 0.30% borrow fee. Shs shorted up +464k shs, +1.7%, over last 30 days as price rose +45% & up +132k shs,+0.5%, last week. Shorts down -$2.02bn in January mark-to-market losses after being down -$632mm yesterday.

Wow, thanks for relaying that! I'm sure it's been discussed before but is Ihor's estimate of the float something we would agree with? If 27.8 million shares is 20,79% of the float that would mean the entire float is 133.81 million shares. According to Yahho finance the number of shares outstanding total is 180.24 million and according to them the float is 142.14 million shares. What would be a good estimate of the "actual" float, i.e. the realistic number of shares available for trading? I know that if the stock squeezes and shoots up to $1000 (arbitrary number) some shares that were very "off limit" for ever being sold at $500 will suddenly be in play, but folks like Elon himself for example will "never" sell right?

The big Lutz turnaround begins...

2AC07FCA-2585-4D0F-AD9B-67E3BCD88E6D.jpeg

My emotions in order:

:eek:

:D

:cool:

So no squeeze yet, then? We still have that to look forward to, assuming Ihor's numbers are correct.

Wow, thanks for relaying that! I'm sure it's been discussed before but is Ihor's estimate of the float something we would agree with? If 27.8 million shares is 20,79% of the float that would mean the entire float is 133.81 million shares. According to Yahho finance the number of shares outstanding total is 180.24 million and according to them the float is 142.14 million shares. What would be a good estimate of the "actual" float, i.e. the realistic number of shares available for trading? I know that if the stock squeezes and shoots up to $1000 (arbitrary number) some shares that were very "off limit" for ever being sold at $500 will suddenly be in play, but folks like Elon himself for example will "never" sell right?
Ihors estimates have, historically, been wrong every time there is significant change. No one should put any stock into his imaginings.

The big Lutz turnaround begins...

View attachment 498211
Says Bob Lulz when Musk is just about to hit it. Of course Musk deserves it: he will have fufilled the terms. Bob Lulz is not gracious and isn't having a turn around, he's just either senile* or doesn't like looking an idiot forever.

* a while back he did an opinion piece somewhere about how he just randomly stumbled on a Model 3 and went to check it for panel gaps and it had none and it was an amazing piece of work. Really glowing, not this half-*ssed **** he's spouting now. Then he went back to bad-mouthing Tesla. Some here opined his opinion piece was a pitch for getting more money for bad mouthing Tesla. I have no more respect for him than Cramer