Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
well, Claudia Assis did what I did not expect and published an article on $TSLA being over $500. I didn't read closely, but it was a positive piece that I didn't detect any snark or sniping in.

Tesla stock tops $500 for the first time
That feeling when all your bearish friends turn bullish one by one, and you're being left behind, shouting "Fwaud!" on Twitter...

I'm starting to think this run up is less about Tesla and more the investment world flipping the switch on fossil fuels.

They've realized fracking and most other fossil plays are now a permanent money pit, so they're begrudgingly moving to the next thing before it's too late.

In any type of civilized society, we would have done this around 2012.

I have held through the summer lows and also this rally so far, but was planning to sell a small portion before the Q4 ER expecting a buy-the-rumor-sell-the-news action. We had a lot of run-ups before ER followed by a dip right after whenever good results were expected (planning to buy back in the dip). But this tsunami seems so strong I am starting to have doubts about post-ER dip...

We need more call options. The cheapest Sept 2021 strike price is like $980. :(

I have held through the summer lows and also this rally so far, but was planning to sell a small portion before the Q4 ER expecting a buy-the-rumor-sell-the-news action. We had a lot of run-ups before ER followed by a dip right after whenever good results were expected (planning to buy back in the dip). But this tsunami seems so strong I am starting to have doubts about post-ER dip...
My feeling is that a "good" ER will have us stay in the upper 400s/low 500s but a great ER will kick it up a few levels. Of course based on today I might need to shift both of those buckets up. My gut says ER will be great.