Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Daniel Ives of Wedbush raises price target from 370 to 550.

TESLA: Wedbush sube precio objetivo de 370 a 550$

What a joke. he just raised his price target to $370:

Tesla’s stock continues record-setting run after analyst raises share-price target by $100

and here he is in April 2019:

https://www.thestreet.com/investing/stocks/tesla-bull-throws-in-the-towel-14938128

Wedbush analyst Dan Ives to write that he's "throwing in the white towel" on the EV maker, downgrading it from buy to neutral after standing by the stock through its various troubles because of its "transformational EV opportunity."

"To this point, in our 20 years of covering tech stocks on the Street we view this quarter as one of the top debacles we have ever seen while Musk & Co. in an episode out of the Twilight Zone act as if demand and profitability will magically return to the Tesla story," he wrote.

Wedbush lifts its price target on Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) to $550 on confidence the EV automaker will guide high for 2020 deliveries amid strong demand in China

"We believe the China opportunity is worth at least $100 per share ($300 in a bull case scenario) and potentially more and remains the key fuel in the growth engine along with Europe Model 3 demand, which looks healthy from a pent up demand perspective through at least the next 3-4 quarters based on our analysis," writes analyst Dan Ives.

The bull case price target on Tesla from Ives and team is $900.

Given their recent conflab with Elon, it’s my opinion that 3rd Row retweeting this makes it legit.

Did "Third Row Podcast" (what is this I don't have time to listen to podcasts) tour Fremont Factory on 12/31/2019 and see *exactly* where the Model Y final assembly line is being installed and it's state at that point in time?

I did under NDA.

Now, I didn't go inside the famous Fremont Tent. Perhaps Model 3 Performance is now final assembled on the main Model 3 line.

That would have freed-up Model Y Performance to be assembled with more labor (since the mark-up for Perf supports it) inside the tent!

If that is what they are doing, then yes, we may see Model Y Performance deliveries begin by Leap Day, 2020 with higher margins.

Since I was under NDA on New Year's Eve, this is a hypothetical question:

If a final production line with lots of robots scattered all over the place was in a car factory somewhere on this planet with many still in crates, how long would it take for said robots to be installed, programmed and the line tested to bring it up? Let's assume it is being done 24/7 or at least 2 shifts per day... Any educated guesses? How long did it take in GF3 for Model 3 M.I.C.?

Finally, some Model Y performance deliveries at the end of Q1 will NOT be "greatly accretive to Q1 2020 gross margins, to say the least"! I think @thirdrowpodcast is just cheerleading here.
MOD-EDITED TO REMOVE POLITICAL RANT

Last edited by a moderator:
$578
upload_2020-1-22_4-11-34.png

The chunk of "420 Funding Secured" shares I bought at $350 were a pebble in my shoe for almost two years. Now, it was like I was a genius for not selling.

Wedbush lifts its price target on Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) to $550 on confidence the EV automaker will guide high for 2020 deliveries amid strong demand in China

The bull case price target on Tesla from Ives and team is $900.
...so does that mean the bear case is $200?

That's a Jonas-style "we have no clue where the price is going to go". And we know how those guesses go.

MOD-REMOVED POLITICAL

On-topic:

575.00 +27.80 (5.08%) in Pre-Market

I would guess that on top of yesterday's +7.19% this is a short squeeze. New shorts jumped on around $500 and now they are in full-on panic mode and few longs will sell to them since we are all along for the rocket ride!

It's scary how TSLA is taking over my retirement portfolio's highest % like an elephant with a water hose inside it, but I cannot bring myself to reduce my position since I believe so strongly in Elon, his team and their mission.

Even in my son's portfolio, his 211 shares are now 55.42% of his account! He may never have to work unless he is bored and wants to. The first purchase I made for him was 100 shares @ $30.09 on 06/13/2012. The highest price paid was $298 on 11/02/2017.

Here's a photo of him inside Fremont Factory during our first tour in October, 2011 during the "Model S Ride Event" for reservation holders and media. At that time, the robots were being programmed and tested for initial S production.

1-IMG_3897.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
declaration - I own a small amount of Tesla Stock and a Model 3 AWD.

The New York Post made sure instead of editorialising it just quoted Elon's denial but does anyone else think that Brian Sparks and his poor little corrupt heart deserve more publicity for what he has done? The man is a self-inflating infant school bully.

127 complaints about "sudden unintended acceleration" turn out to be just the one complainant -
"a petition from Brian Sparks — an independent investor who’s currently shorting Tesla’s stock, according to CNBC — cited 127 complaints about the acceleration problem, including more than 100 crashes and dozens of injuries, according to the feds.

“I believe Tesla vehicles have a structural flaw which puts their drivers and the public at risk,” Sparks wrote in his initial Sept. 30 petition, which urges the NHTSA to recall all Model S, Model X and Model 3 vehicles made since 2013.

But Tesla said it has found its cars operated as they were supposed to in every case of alleged unintentional acceleration for which the company had the vehicle’s data."

The fact is that people stepping on the "gas" instead of the brake is not rare - in fact more common in ICE cars - the stats show it to be five times more common.
and everyone who shouts about this happening to them swears they didn't make this simple mistake....
(For fear of looking like a right BrianSparks...)

This is the same guy who swears that the dual chips currently embedded in every Model 3 on the road building the neural network learning at an exponential rate, are future fantasy fiction, and doesn't understand how half a million cars can upload speedily analysable data that show he is a fart on legs.

I'm buying when these idiots sell.