Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is real-time Frankfurt trading data, with volume bars:

upload_2020-2-4_9-12-23.png

Heavy volume by Frankfurt standards (over 40k shares traded meanwhile).

The new Frankfurt ATH is €739.20, which at the current EUR/USD of 1.1061 is $817.6.

Last edited:
Options open interest next week is a fraction of tomorrow's open interest, so I'd say that near or after tomorrow's expiry the price will be moved by fundamentals and stock buying, not derivatives.

I hope everyone who took advantage of my options positioning not-advice last week regarding the observable $650 price barrier is happy with the outcome! :cool:

This is real-time Frankfurt trading data, with volume bars:

View attachment 507715

Heavy volume by Frankfurt standards (over 40k shares traded meanwhile).

The new Frankfurt ATH is €739.20, which at the current EUR/USD of 1.1061 is $817.6.
Oh, man. I can’t afford another day of not getting anything done.

Wait. Yes, yes I can...

I hope everyone who took advantage of my options positioning not-advice last week regarding the observable $650 price barrier is happy with the outcome! :cool:

Sold half of my 21 Feb $800s before we broke through $700 yesterday. Now they're worth 10x what I sold them for.

Still.. I didn't think I'd make anything on them, I still own half, and the other 97% of my options holdings are looking pretty healthy, so I can't complain :)

I believe you also owned some 21 Feb $800s? Are you still holding yours?

Last edited:
Having trouble breathing at this ozone layer!

Damned spreadsheet keeps showing xxxxxx; have to double tap the right column to widen it.

Knew I needed more missile tape for this “in flight missile mechanic” gig:D Which stage are we in? Second or third?

Futures are looking :D at this early hour. I should learn to sleep more.:cool:

for those who missed the historical price movement yesterday...here´s a snapshot of what - et alia - accelerated the stock

Shares of Tesla (TSLA) surged at noon following a number of stories, including Ark Invest saying its new 2024 expected value per share for the car maker is $7,000. Meanwhile, Panasonic's (PCRFY) U.S. battery business with the electric car maker reportedly turned its first profit, while a Chinese company signed a battery supply agreement with the company.

ARK INVEST: On Friday, Ark Invest said that based on its updated expectations for electric vehicle cost declines and demand, as well as its estimates for the potential profitability of robotaxis, its 2024 expected value per share for Tesla is $7,000. Ark's research and modeling suggests that three key independent variables are critical to understanding Tesla's potential: gross margins, capital efficiency and autonomous capability. The firm's bull case for Tesla does not assume the most aggressive inputs for these three variables. In all cases, except those in which it either is denied access to the capital markets or is bankrupt, Ark assumes that Tesla issues $10B in equity capital to scale production "at an accelerated rate and capitalize on its competitive advantages." Ark's bear case implies that Tesla will sell 3.2M vehicles in 2024. Ark's bull case implies that Tesla will maintain its roughly 18% market share, and that a substantial percentage of its fleet will generate high-margin robotaxi platform fees.

BATTERIES: Meanwhile, Panasonic said in its quarterly earnings release that it has reported the first quarterly profit in its U.S. battery business with Tesla, following several years of production troubles and delays at the U.S. car maker, according to Reuters. The news came after Tesla reported its second successive quarterly profit last week, as vehicle deliveries hit a record, Reuters noted. Additionally, Reuters reported Chinese electric vehicle battery maker CATL said it has signed a battery supply agreement with Tesla, under which Tesla will determine the battery purchase volume between July 2020 and June 2022, according to its own needs. CATL noted that the agreement does not place restrictions on Tesla's purchase volume, according to Reuters.

ARGUS UPS PT: All these stories come as Argus analyst William Selesky raised his price target on Tesla to $808 from $556 and kept his Buy rating on the stock following the company's "strong" fourth quarter earnings beat, expectations of R&D costs falling this year, and management's production forecast of over 500,000 vehicles in 2020, up over 40% from last year. The analyst said he anticipates continued revenue growth from Tesla's Model S and Model X, as well as strong demand for the new Model 3, noting that its dominant position in the electric vehicle industry outweighs the recent challenges with production delays, parts shortages, and labor cost overruns.
/QUOTE]

Breaking News: TSLA latest news. - The Fly