Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love it how everyone around here seems to be "long" and "all in", yet every time we have a dip they seem to have "dry powder" to pick up shares. :p

Your statement only makes sense for people who trade only in stock, and no cash, and have no disposable income for periodic investments which they can time as they please :)

Options traders pretty much by definition deal in varying levels of leverage, which change on their own even if you do nothing. So it's not a case of "bought" vs. "not bought", it's a case of "how much leverage do you want at this point in time, and what sort of premiums / theta are you willing to put up with for it?" :)

How come the 910 call June 2021 is only 28,90$, whereas the 900 call for same expiry is 232$?

Edit: not sure whether that's a massive buying opportunity, or to be avoided.. (what could be wrong?) If the former, please tell me before the market opens.. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: UncaNed
GF4 Berlin work continues at 6:40 am:

Tobias Lindh on Twitter

Guess the are still removing the tree stumps after cutting trees was finished.

Surprised they are still in such a rush - had assumed now that tree cutting was out of the way before the deadline at end of February they´d slow down because they are limited in what they can do before the final building permit - but doesn´t seem like they´re slowing at all. Wonder how far they will continue before the final permit comes in (expected in May).

All of it. You’ve never built a building from scratch, have you? There’s so much that has to be done before foundation and walls.

People continue to think Tesla is like every other company on the planet or that they’ll just throw their hands up one day and say; ‘We give up, we’ll do it your way.’

They will build all they can, as fast as they can, when and while they can. Germany is going to be dragged kicking and screaming, if necessary, into the future. You’re welcome.

How come the 910 call June 2021 is only 28,90$, whereas the 900 call for same expiry is 232$?

Edit: not sure whether that's a massive buying opportunity, or to be avoided.. (what could be wrong?) If the former, please tell me before the market opens.. ;)

That's the "last price" you're seeing, so likely nobody traded it for some time. More indicative of current value is "bid" and "ask", with the going rate somewhere between the two.

Edit: it's right around now that I wished I'd left that $875 call last week exercise instead of re-buying before close :eek:

Last edited:
So my short term trading account is gutted. First by shorting because obviously the market would tank over the Coronavirus and then by deciding not to fight the market anymore and go long as it must be that the market has priced in the Coronavirus and found it wanting.

More likely the big boys needed time to position before the alarm bells were rung. Either that or me just giving the big boys and the market too much credit right from the start.

Now I have tons of dry powder as I am a paranoid bastard. Like to see cash lying around. Not very good for the long term returns they tell me but it is all about risk tolerance, especially since I gamble with options. The first time my overall net worth is more than 30 percent in stocks has been just recently, and it is not about new money I put to work, but because my number one holding exploded. Any guesses on that one?

Hard to see us escaping a correction here (what the hell do I know? I gutted my short term account despite warning everyone about the macros destroying all stocks maybe TSLA included just recently). Seems like there will be a steady drumbeat of ‘new’ infections coming up, which anyone paying attention the past two months had already figured out, but not Mr. Market apparently.

Where is a good buy point now? Obviously immediately for long term money in TSLA, but everyone wants the best deal and no one wants to see a twenty percent discount two weeks after buying.

This is a tough call guys. If correction occurs why does TSLA not test 500? You got the QQQs dropping to 180 where that leave TSLA?

Wild card is interest rate cut. May be coming sooner than later.