Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We’re doomed. It’s obvious TSLA is gonna fill that pesky gap from 2013 today.

*where’s the sarcasm font?*

Obviously the point of posting that was to show how fallacious this line of thinking is. Or, to be more explicit, let's start reading from the thread around the day I highlighted:

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

---
upload_2020-2-26_12-12-46.png

---
upload_2020-2-26_12-13-48.png

---

Or several days later...

---
upload_2020-2-26_12-19-30.png

---
upload_2020-2-26_12-20-4.png

---

Or several days later, right before another big ramp...

---
upload_2020-2-26_12-25-48.png

---

The point is that one's gut getting used to a low price point has no bearing on where the stock will trend once the market decides that the premises on which that pricing was based have fundamentally changed.

So did Solar Glass v3, find a better way at a lower cost point ? Eagerly awaiting the April session from Buffalo ...
(& that's why Battery Day will also be so significant)

(+ this might have been reason EM was in Japan a while back, to negotiate a better deal. Guess Pana production in GF could not beat Chinese price points. The Actors change but the show goes on ...)

Last edited:
The one a couple years ago wasn't mild. And I figured it'd have an electric compressor like the Volt? (And I think why it was discontinued was a combination of most sedans flopping in the North American market (and it being a North American-specific product), and it using the Volt's hybrid system.) Previous ones were mild, though, and if you don't use an electric AC compressor, or run the engine to run the AC system, yeah, you'll lose the AC..
I don't think it matters. The small battery would not run the A/C for very long before being drained.

WOW, I think the Market Makers are pulling us up before the open.
Amazing.

there are a lot of 800 puts to protect. It feels weird to have MM on our side but it makes sense that if TSLA is trading above their preferred target we are opponents, but if TSLA is trading below their preferred target we are teammates.

Taiwan delivery heating up

In yesterday's pictures I counted about 450 Model 3 on those docks, but since then a lot more were unloaded. It looks like it is about double that number right now (not counting the cars in the back, which in the pictures of yesterday looked like another brand).

What is the logic behind these people? Tesla will soon be hosting a press day in the Buffalo factory, to show the world... how terrible things are?

Boggles the mind.
None of that matters. Berkshire owns the Buffalo News and if Tesla succeeds half of BH wholely-owned businesses fail.

NTSB and Panasonic news are basically non event for Tesla, but as people are in panic mode, unfortunately I don't see Tesla to recover today with the market. I wonder if there can be any other moving event before Model Y deliveries on 15th of March. Also Moody's upgrade should come rather in the end of March as downgrade came on March 27th 2018.
Sorry didn't misst that? Do we have a Tesla event confirmed for March 15?

BTW Giga Berlin should also have an official construction kickoff event in March like Shanghai did on January 7 2019. As far as I recall Elon has confirmed he will attend.

Last edited:
So in other news... did anyone get to take advantage of this morning's flash sale?

I usually try to root around in premarket with small buys in the 1 or 2 share range that’s within the bid/ask showing up on the order book. I could get very little to hit this morning with the prices that I saw. Small volume attempts to instill fear before market open. The manipulation to instill a fear of falling is so obvious right now. Also, it appears Panasonic isn’t interested in, or currently willing to focus on, solar??

Last edited:
Sorry didn't misst that? Do we have a Tesla even confirmed for March 15?

BTW Giga Berlin should also have an official construction kickoff event in March like Shanghai did on January 7 2019. As far as I recall Elon has confirmed he will attend.

Giga Berlin construction kick off is also end of March. March 15 is not an official event, but Y deliveries start on 15th, as cars will be given over to customers Model Y will become real car. Probably by then Troy will have also enough data to estimate how many of them will be delivered this qtr.

Reactions: Fact Checking
NTSB and Panasonic news are basically non event for Tesla, but as people are in panic mode, unfortunately I don't see Tesla to recover today with the market. I wonder if there can be any other moving event before Model Y deliveries on 15th of March. Also Moody's upgrade should come rather in the end of March as downgrade came on March 27th 2018.
What is the NTSB news?

The Panasonic news is a bit confusing. Is Panasonic pulling out of the Buffalo plant, but Tesla continuing. What does that mean does Tesla get to continue building the products (solar panels and solar roof) and Panasonic no longer involved. Maybe just a license to use the Panasonic patents and designs?