Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took the @neroden path and sold a $450 Jan 2022 put under the assumption that if it executed(in any scenario) I'd be overjoyed. Net of premium I'd be paying $368 and can confirm I would be overjoyed if that happens.

Would I be happier with whatever today's premium might be, sure. But I'm still happy. If I were sitting on cash I think I'd so the same today rather than buy @ $525. It still hurts my brain to think of $525 vs. $17.

You say that now because you don't believe it'll be 368 in 2022. Something must be massively wrong if it is 368 in 2022 and you probably don't want the stock either.

• Informative
Reactions: PANN
I looked. Its just re-hashing the lawsuit and first paragraph has:

where "by shareholders" should, at most, be "by some shareholders." This is usual exaggeration and part of the usual trying to keep up the appearance that Musk is either crazy, a fraud, greedy billionaire, or all of the above. Its just trash.

The doublethink required to make this report involves both accepting the fact that Elon Musk himself is a major Tesla share holder and to report that has acted against the best interest of the Tesla share holders.

Can anyone summarize today's Tesla news? Why is TSLA lagging the Nasdaq by 10%?

Edit: And lagging all other carmakers at the same time.
Because there are bad people in this world.

but really I don’t want to hear anyone complaining about TSLA going parabolic when this is over. We get held back on days like today over and over again then when we go through the roof everyone is like “the evaluation doesn’t make sense! Fundamentals” when in reality we are just making up for these lost days where we get manipulated to hell.

don’t worry though. On the grand scheme of things this is nothing.

Today's volume is quite respectable considering it's Friday, especially since it's Friday. I suspect many people are rushing for the exit because of high leverage. They don't want to hold through the weekend in the middle of uncertainties.

So you think investors are afraid of holding TSLA, but all other stocks are safe (including automotive)?

You say that now because you don't believe it'll be 368 in 2022. Something must be massively wrong if it is 368 in 2022 and you probably don't want the stock either.
If TSLA isn't above $368 in 2022 then we're in the zombie apocalypse and it's every gal for herself, sticks/clubs/knives/hatchets. IRAs won't even exist!

Reactions: Eugene Ash
I'm 64 and I will eat rice and beans before I let the lousy bastages have my shares.
Yeah I'm long and strong!
This post made my day yesterday. When I shared it with my my wife, she reminded me that beans expand a great deal in our Instant Pot. Who needs steak, anyway?

However... I am actually thinking about selling today with this slight green shade and going all cash for a while.
Before the current market pain, we decided that we are investors, not traders. Playing with a few options on the side is fine, and I like to sell puts, but "buy and hold" is primarily how we roll. While I don't trust myself to time the stock market, I do feel that I possess sufficient judgment to choose good companies based on the information available here and elsewhere. Particularly in times like this, I find it much easier and less stressful to simply HODL.

I have to admit I'll be disappointed if we don't get a string of tesla or elon tweets on the day that model Y rolls out. It costs them nothing to make a bit of a song-and-dance that YES, their new model car has finally got into the hands of excited customers. There is 'we don't advertise' and then there is 'we pretend we don't exist'. I was expecting *some* fireworks around model Y sales.
Expect more "fireworks" around the Model Y as its production volumes ramp up. Until then, Tesla's flagship vehicle will remain the Model 3.

The decades of trading experience and intimate knowledge of the financial markets allowed Curt to bet on the correctness of his own analysis. I don't have that luxury, so I just accumulate and hold.
Curt is also old enough, and presumably has enough assets, that he should be able to remain in cash indefinitely and be fine. As you said, most of us don't have that luxury.

Belgrade, Aleksinac, and Plovdiv Superchargers all officially online per Tesla’s map!. Here’s to hoping for an expansion into Turkey and through the Silk Road!
This is exciting to see. However, there's the issue of stupid differences in charge connectors between Europe, China, and other countries. In calmer times, it will be awesome to have the ability to drive a Cybertruck across North America to Alaska, take a car ferry to Russia, and eventually pick up the Silk Road and then visit Europe. Maybe in 2035!

The doublethink required to make this report involves both accepting the fact that Elon Musk himself is a major Tesla share holder and to report that has acted against the best interest of the Tesla share holders.

Regarding a merger that he recused himself from voting on.

Just bought puts because Trump is so late...
Bought a call before he was late...