Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There has to be a balance. I don't know if anyone knows the app Nextdoor. Its basically neighborhood app you can chat with neighbors and surrounding businesses.

Anyway as of yesterday since the SF lockdown went in I have seen a lot of posts from people who worked in bars / restaurants / cafes posting on the app desperately looking for other work to sustain themselves and pay their rent.

It's very sad - you can't shut down the economy and put thousands of ppl out of work indefinitely. If you offered UBI - maybe but we are nowhere near that.
I stated such a position yesterday and was downvoted for it. I do not see how a government can legally stop a person from doing their work unless they compensate them. And when a local/city government has that mindset I believe any other business looking for a site would not consider that area.

Second time most of the market goes up 5%, we go down 3%.
I remember some were saying in January the market had finally understood what is Tesla is all about. Clearly that is not the case. I find this almost more depressing that the SP at the moment.

It ain't about market understanding. It has always been about corrupt system that gets used to its full potential to kill Tlsa by all means. It is visible very much during times like this.

Musk also said they haven’t had any reports of c19 and workers can stay home if they feel ill or uncomfortable with situation.

“Alameda County has declared Tesla an “essential business” that is allowed to remain in operation, according to a county spokesman.”

Tesla Declared 'Essential Business' to Keep Factory Running; Model Y Deliveries Begin

The way to keep Fremont running is crystal clear: test everyone, repeat.

Aggressive testing helps Italian town cut new coronavirus cases to zero
Experiment in Vò underscores WHO’s message to ‘test, test, test’
Donato Paolo Mancini and Clive Cookson in London 4 HOURS AGO
“In the UK, there are a whole lot of infections that are completely ignored,” Prof Crisanti told the Financial Times. “We were able to contain the outbreak here because we identified and eliminated the ‘submerged’ infections and isolated them,” he said of the Vò approach. “That is what makes the difference.”
The first testing round, carried out on the town’s entire population in late February, found 3 per cent of the population infected, though half of the carriers had no symptoms. After isolating all those infected, the second testing round about 10 days later showed the infection rate had dropped to 0.3 per cent.

Importantly, however, this second round identified at least six individuals who had the virus but no symptoms, meaning they could be quarantined. “If they hadn’t been identified, the infection would have resumed,” explained Prof Crisanti.
Subscribe to read | Financial Times

And just to reiterate, Molbiol in Berlin was producing 150'000 tests a day last week, albeit sans an additionally necessary enzyme.
At a cost of 2 Euros 50 cents per.

So there.

Last edited:
I stated such a position yesterday and was downvoted for it. I do not see how a government can legally stop a person from doing their work unless they compensate them. And when a local/city government has that mindset I believe any other business looking for a site would not consider that area.

Let’s say that person is allowed to go on as usual with life and goes back to work, then gets sick from the community. If this person is one of the unlucky 20% to require hospitalization, besides even getting other people possibly sick (since the R0>2 right now), the overall expenditure will be A LOT more than just the lost wage.

Reactions: Drumheller
That is beautifully illustrated by
BYxsOX6CYAENl9K.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: saniflash
Let’s say that person is allowed to go on as usual with life and goes back to work, then gets sick from the community. If this person is one of the unlucky 20% to require hospitalization, besides even getting other people possibly sick (since the R0>2 right now), the overall expenditure will be A LOT more than just the lost wage.
Agreed. So then everyone should never do any work. And we should all get paid! BERNIE BERNIE BERNIE!

The way to keep Fremont running is crystal clear: test everyone, repeat.

Aggressive testing helps Italian town cut new coronavirus cases to zero

Just testing does not solve everything. Testing just shows whether an individual shows a viral load at that particular time the test was conducted. And a negative test is not a vaccine.

You need to be able to quarantine the positives and isolate all other sick people during testing. You don’t want to keep on testing just everyone every time one person shows symptoms.

Tesla Fremont factory’s attendance policy also needs a change. As it stands, it makes it hard for workers to not miss work for any reason. When a person is sick and can’t come to work, it requires prior notice or else they get docked a point. And any sick time off uses PTO days.

It ain't about market understanding. It has always been about corrupt system that gets used to its full potential to kill Tlsa by all means. It is visible very much during times like this.
Can you explain who is trying to kill TSLA I thought we have free market and good things sooner or latter will be on the top. To me market went to high and needed correction.

Just testing does not solve everything.

Clearly so. But it's evidently an essential part of any solution.

You don’t want to keep on testing just everyone every time one person shows symptoms.

Testing absolutely everyone is the strategy successfully implemented in the little Italian town - especially important since that's the only way to discover carriers with no symptoms. As per Prof. Crisanti's quote above.