Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Plus Tesla has the technology know how to make a smart efficient home, connected to every appliance and speaker, and have some sort of Alexa that controls your home. Everything is accessible on your Tesla app.
This is why we might need to explore the potential of Tesla becoming a global operating system competing with google, Apple, and Microsoft. They came by way of the computer and smart phone, Tesla might do it better and faster by way of the home and car.

Also, might need to think of potential value of a “Tesla Coin” based on solar energy production and storage capacity under management. A Tesla digital currency backed by energy has some serious global value potential.

I think Elon has some kind background in payment systems, I heard PayPal and maybe stripe. Not sure though

Last edited:
Reactions: CaliBear1
Cities are getting to experience a time machine, taking them to the ICE-less world of the future.

And wow, the air looks amazing.

TSLA Long.

Make money, feel good.
The sky in Chandler Az is literally more blue.
And likewise, people will argue that their productivity went up working from home. Maybe Office Max, Intel... will do well.

Plus Tesla has the technology know how to make a smart efficient home, connected to every appliance and speaker, and have some sort of Alexa that controls your home. Everything is accessible on your Tesla app.

I don't want a simple-minded app. I want fine control through a programming language of all the HVAC things in the house -- room temperatures, window openers and closers, vents, exterior sensors, etc., plus, I suppose, the usual Alexa things like lights, sounds, and appliances.

I think you're right if we see the SP touch the Middle-BB tomorrow around 575 there will be some celling but that move will be short lived. Much depends on P&D numbers in just over a week, then the timing when Fremont comes back online. China numbers and guidance are the dark horse, could breath some energy into SP.

Yeah we are not out of the woods yet. But yeah, would like to buy-in before Earth Day~~
Many folks think Q1 is going to be bad, but I think negativity is already priced in and there could be upside. I don't mind the risk and being in on the 1Q earnings...

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Took delivery of a Performance Model Y in Santa Barbara yesterday. My impressions after a quick 150 miles:
  • Ridiculously fast for a small SUV
  • No panel gap issues. One small trim issue they'll fix at next service appointment.
  • Slightly higher center of gravity than M3, but takes curves with almost as much confidence as M3.
  • Slightly quieter interior noise (more soundproofing?)
  • Fantastic field of view out front and sides
Post like this... make me want to get Model Y now, while I wait for CyberTruck~~~ lol
I do need the space, as my 3 kids are getting bigger..

Final follow up. They said the market halt last Monday caused extreme market volatility. They said the very short spike was real and there is nothing they can do about it.... Don't use market orders when the market is hitting stop triggers....
Ask them to share the minute-by-minute (or second-by-second) Level II order book data with you. If they refuse to share, they are lying.

Along about July or so I think we'll see TSLA do well relative to the markets because the combination of TE, GF-3, Model Y and improvements to Models S and X will all coincide to engender enthusiasm. By then several of the newer markets will also begin to recover and GF-4 progress will be visible. Nothing about the next six months will be an easy ride.
I really debated selling my last July call yesterday (great timing I know) but it was $780 and I can't see SP getting that high by then. My remaining calls are Jan 2021 at the earliest.

What he states about the relevance of the X is interesting. Will we see the X sales decline more? Even with an updated battery?

The Model X is a unique car, the only car with automatic sensing and opening doors—it doesn’t even have door handles. Handsfree entry along with bio-weapon defense mode are very nice to have right now with Coronavirus.

And more coming to the Model X, tri-motor, etc. I don’t forsee a big drop in demand due to Model Y.

I have several friends asking me if now's a good time to get into TSLA. I think this effect is also viral.
Here we go, bumpy as usual.

$750+ TSLA SP by Apr 1st... no joke either.
I have the same, but also I'm still seeing people saying "wait until it goes to $200". :rolleyes: I'm betting the whole market dips again big time after the stimulus bill is old news and when real data starts coming in. My assumption was that this recession would be nastier, but shorter than most.

I swapped qqq for tsla last Wednesday. and am I happy I did.

Washington State has stopped being exponential growth and gone linear.

It took South Korea about 3 weeks to get it under control. California has gotten serious so has New York and New Jersey. So I think we won't be as depressed by the middle of April.

I am going to hold for now.

It is about 10 days since WA got on a version of a lockdown. NOT every state has implemented even that. My point is that while it is known what to do, the measures have a [geographically and timing] variability. Rest of the country is about 10-14 days behind and sees some light at the end of the tunnel.
So hold, _and_ be ready to add if opportunities present.

I have the same, but also I'm still seeing people saying "wait until it goes to $200". :rolleyes: I'm betting the whole market dips again big time after the stimulus bill is old news and when real data starts coming in. My assumption was that this recession would be nastier, but shorter than most.
Have cash, ready to take on more when that happens :)
Bet many won't get the chance tho.

What he states about the relevance of the X is interesting. Will we see the X sales decline more? Even with an updated battery?
The X is for a different socioeconomic class .... has overpriced bells and whistles
This is why we might need to explore the potential of Tesla becoming a global operating system competing with google, Apple, and Microsoft. They came by way of the computer and smart phone, Tesla might do it better and faster by way of the home and car.

Tesla already has a Global OS ... this is why 10X even from today's close may be underestimating 5 year SP

Reactions: EVCollies